Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Magoos

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick 

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 1999 3:27 am
Post subject: The MagoosReply with quote

Buoyed by regular postings on this site about the promise in the magoos I went along on Sunday only to be disheartened. Monky stood out for his size but unfortunately not his skill and got beaten in hitouts, didn't take many strong marks and regularly waited for the 3rd or 4th option - pretty much like his senior footy. Crow was busy without being damaging. Wild had his own cheer squad "We're Wild about Jason" banner and all - they're the only ones. Didn't spot Watson - must have got injured. Smith played up forward and did absolutely nothing - I think Frawley's trying to develop him into a decoy footballer. Walker is a good couple of months away if at all - he will not be a strong marking option and showed an (understandable) reluctance to turn or go hard. Schauble looked like he does in the seniors - slow and uninterested. It really kills you to watch because these senior blokes should dominate at this level. Didn't notice many of the youngsters, No 37 showed some glimpses but in general our young players look like kids (maybe we need the WCE's steroid , I mean weights program). The only guy who looked big enough to cause some damage was Manfield and he's not even on the senior list. Venables is a poor man's Craig Kelly so of course is being played at CHF.
Heard Frawley's 3/4 time address ......
"It's pretty even, whoever wants this most will get the points"
(great cliche' use !)
"Monkey - if you need a rest swap with Smith"
(oh der .... cutting edge stuff)
"I wanna see black and white jumpers everywhere"
(cliche' #2)
"You other forwards lead hard up the ground so we have Walker one-out"
(yeah kick it high to the bloke looking for knee reco #5)

Sadly no one on one tutoring of the youngsters. No sign of any strategy. Not even any fire in the belly. I have honestly heard more enthusiasm from the Fitzroy Reds twos when they play opposite my house. Now I know it's only the magoos but the North boys were pumped and full of voice and shit they were even enthusiastic and here's a surprise they won and their kids walked off the ground genuinely wrapped. Ours walked off that despite the prescence of 6 senior players they got rolled by the bottom team.

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 1999 9:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

<quote>Sadly no one on one tutoring of the youngsters. No sign of any strategy. Not even any fire in the belly. </quote>

Yep that is a worry, at this (the highest) level, even the magoos should have pretty sophisticated coaching, being one step away from the big-time.
Nick 

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 1999 9:45 am

Square brackets Bokka...square brackets
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 1999 7:32 am

I hope my pastry mate Eddie McPie reads your report Mick because the info you supply would be valuable to a leader who is "interested in obtaining a standard of EXCELLENCE in the support areas for our players on the ground". Why don't you fax it to the club!

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 1999 4:03 am

how about Fuller (as possible goal sneak in the seniors)? he had high stats for this game, and I read another magoos report opinion that he is at "career best form"
I thought he showed a bit in the couple of games I saw him, and he might be inspired along with the other younguns that are shining at present.
Mick 

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 1999 8:46 am

To Pie ... I have forwarded many of my comments and suggestions to the Club Staff over the last few years until recently when I was unceremoniously told that I was constantly "harping and complaining" by a certain paid employee of the Club (he knows who he is). This is sad in that it shows an inability to self-analyse and improve. The new board has shown a refreshing attitude toward continuos improvement and will slowly weed out the old school who operate on the basis of paranoid defensiveness to cover up their deficiencies.
Many of the opinions posted on this board are posted with the intention that there is a better way to go about things. Much of what is said is valid, constructive criticism that if analysed and used could benefit the Club. Likewise a fair amount of the comments in the press shouldn't be scoffed at as journalistic bullshit but as a barometer of performance as assessed by independent parties.
As for Eddie - maybe he should get down to the twos with Balme and analyse the situation for himself.
I would encourage anyone who has a solid , practial suggestion to put it in writing to the Board at the Club. Even better if you present it to the Club as a group (ie a group of people will have more influence than one). But if you do this take the time to present it professionally, concisely and intelligently. Give solutions not just problems.

GO PIES !!!!!!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: