Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Reserves - Round 5

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 1999 4:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds lke tarrant'll be in the 1sts next week. ANyone hear any other details of this match? eg how did Walker and Michael go?
Nick 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 1999 8:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirated from Hotrod's Extreme Black'n'White site : http://www.alphalink.com.au/~hotrod/extreme.html

Sunny day - soggy ground

The circus came to Bomber town for the second year running as the precursor to tomorrow's Anzac Day match was held at the once feared but now slovenly Windy Hell.

COLLINGWOOD 18 18 (126)
ESSENSCUM 9 14 (68)

GOALS: (that I saw) Tuckey 4, Oborne 4, Anderson 3, Walker, Tarrant, Adkins, Venables.

The line-up:

B: Kirwen Venables Kinnear
HB:Michael Schauble Lockyer
C: Raso Adkins Walker
HF:Manfield Tuckey Tarrant
F: Oborne Monkey Anderson
R: Smith Crow Wild

Int: Sharpen & a mystery #51

Lets cut to the chase:
* Walker Texas Ranger ran all day. At first I thought he was the runner with his white knicker-bockers on. Still needs at least one more run in the rezzies.
* Michael was as rusty as an old Torana but he looked VERY good. Were I female I would give him my 'phone number.
* Monkey wasn't sulking. He destroyed Grgic. He never stopped yapping. At one point he picked up a loose ball on the flank baulked 2 Bombers and kicked a ball in to Smith who marked on his chest. Thats how easy it was. He swapped with Smith in the ruck/FF. He'd make a great 2nd's Captain!
* Tuckey at CHF marked strongly and at will. He seems to have fille out. But he beat nobody!
* Tarrant put on a 'I can do everything in slow motion like Phil Carman' show. I do hope he gets another chance soon.
* Kinnear was good in defence.
* Anderson & Raso were good early then faded.
* Schauble needs another run in the early game.
* Oscar got a lot of the leather but still slopped it about. You can get away with it in the rezzies. Oscar actually prompted the funniest quote of the game from Terry Daniher in the 3Q huddle. TD to #40 Wild's opponent, "He's ripping you apart!! Just sit on him for Christ's sake!"

Frawley instructed the boys," Kick it long to Tuckey. If he's not there just bomb it long."
Ah Plato.

In all honesty this wasn't a game but a 'run' for our senior lads. If we didn't cruise it in we would really be up shit-creek. I was worried losing Tape may have unbalanced them.

But I've saved the best for last. Mr Oborne's goals were ALL silky smooth one touch on the run total class acts. There aint no if's or but's about his play. When he gets the ball he knows where dem goals are. Whether he has as much time in the seniors is yet to be seen.
If I had to single out what impressed me most today, it was not the sight of MM or Walker galloping about, but a young man named Oborne gliding in for another text book goal.

Hotrod
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: