Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2011 NFL thread - a jackspain celebration

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Up wrote:
packers out. Shocked they lost to the giants

That was a Big Suprise. Bit like 2007 when they won the Super Bowl. They are like Geelong this year having a Great Run late in the Season.

I have Patriots as Hot Favorites know Crying or Very sad

Would love the 49ers to win it all

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:55 pm

The 9-7 Giants beat the 15-1 Packers.

Makes our 2011 season a bit easier to digest I s'pose. It happens!!

Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:40 pm

^^^^^

Not if you're also a passionate packer backer like me.

I'd like to see Harbaugh v Harbaugh in the SB.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:13 am

For those who think the Pat's are going to walk all over the Ravens and whoever else the play, if, they make the SB have a good look at their season:

The defensive ranking:
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2011&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Patriots schedule:
http://www.patriots.com/games-and-stats/schedule.html

Ravens schedule:
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Gameday/Schedule.aspx

49ers schedule:
http://www.49ers.com/gameday/season-schedule.html

Giants schedule:
http://www.giants.com/games-and-schedules/schedule.html

To surmise;

The Patriots played 4 games against top ten defenses and won three, lost one (but two of those wons were against the same team - NYJ). Played seven teams in the top twenty winning all. Played five games outside the top twenty winning three and losing two.
Result - they've had a fairly easy schedule which may bite them in the arse against quality opposition with a high powered defense and quality offense (i.e. all of the final three teams).

The Ravens played eleven games against top ten defenses and won nine, losing two. Played three games against top twenty defenses winning one and losing the other two. Played only two games against defense outside the top twenty winning both.
Result - this is a battle hardened team that will make life very, very difficult for the Patriots and, if they make it, their SB opponents.

The NYG played five games against top ten defenses and won two, loding the other three. Played six games against top twenty defenses winning four and losing two. Played five games against defenses outside the top twenty winning three and losing two.
Result - same amount of games against top twenty ranked teams as the Patriots but a worse winning record. Yes they've come good towards the end of the season but those wins were against Dallas (a team they always play well against) and a dead-in-the-water NYJ. They lost to the Redskins. They struggle against high powered defenses and will continue to do so.

The 49ers played seven games against top ten ranked defenses winning six and losing one. Played four games against top twenty ranked defenses winning two, losing two. Played five games against defeses outside the top twenty winning all five.
Result - as per the Ravens this team has had a harder schedule and has proved they can play well against top defenses.

My prediction for this weekend is:

Patriots vs Ravens - should be a good game with Ed Reed being the biggest influence on the outcome. If Reed plays at his best the Ravens will likely cause and upset given how bad the Patriots defense is. Look for the Ravens to try and make this contest as physical as possible, it's how they play their best football and the Patriots offense (aside from Wes Welker) aren't fond of heavy hitting.

Ravens to win.

49ers vs NYG - another great game and with the confidence the Giants have going into this one look for the 9er defense to try and break their spirit in the forst quarter with their renowned heavy hitting defense. Both these teams like it physical on both sides of the ball though the Giants WR's tend to wiggle their hips rather than put their heads down to gain yards. This game will be decided by the respective teams defenses and the 9ers have the better defense.

49ers to win (but it may be a nail biter Shocked)

Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:49 pm

I'm over it now.

This just cheered me up

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/hitler-reacts-to-packers-loss-to-giants.34552/
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:52 am

Yarra Falls End wrote:
I'm over it now.

This just cheered me up

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/hitler-reacts-to-packers-loss-to-giants.34552/

Bloody funny. Bring back Favre Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:13 am

new england heading into superbowl XXXXVI

new england beat baltimore. 23-20

ravens could of won game in last minute but incomplete pass and a miss field goal attempt
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:29 am

that was touchdown from Evans, both feet were planted.
absolute bullshit call. and that field goal miss was one of the biggest chokes i have seen. ive lost interest now, the remaining 3 teams i hate them all.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:32 am

also on that last drive, Flacco should have hit the line himself but he is soft as butter. Joe Flaccid I call him.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Niners Punt Returner just Cost them the chance of going to the Super Bowl.

Chocker.

Replay of the SB a Few Years Ago. Patriots the better side but Manning and Giants are in really good form

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:47 pm

We're going to Indianapolis baby...

GO GMen!

And Madonna for the half time entertainment.

Doesn't get any sweeter than this...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Congratulations to the Giants on winning what was a very good game of football and, in my opinion, has produced the eventual winner of the Super Bowl. Both the Niners and the Giants are playing all three phases at a level far above the Patriots and it will take something special from Brady to win this one.

On Kyle Williams's two fumbles, one that was converted into a Giants go ahead TD in the 4th quarter and the other resulted in the game winning FG in OT Crying or Very sad , well shit happens and he's a talented player that will learn and get better from the experience.

Obviously I'm gutted about the loss, even more so than the Pies losing the last GF Shocked , but (as with the Pies) the future is white hot bright and the team will only improve from here and after this loss the hunger next season will be palpable.

I would expect the Niners to go hard after a top line receiver to compliment Vernon Davis and help put some pressure on Michael Crabtree to perform at his peak at the WR position.

Anyway I hope the Giants win and that the stadium collapses on both teams after the final whistle. No hard feeling after the loss Twisted Evil

blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Was surprised that Williams didn't call for the fair catch, to be honest. As much as I enjoyed the 49ers/Saints game, I liked this one more. As OEP said, all three phases were neck and neck, and the rain added something to the contest as well. Felt like a proper football game instead of a shoot-out. The Giants' willingness to run the football even in the face of a fantastic defensive line was fascinating.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:16 pm

blackmissionary wrote:
Was surprised that Williams didn't call for the fair catch, to be honest. As much as I enjoyed the 49ers/Saints game, I liked this one more. As OEP said, all three phases were neck and neck, and the rain added something to the contest as well. Felt like a proper football game instead of a shoot-out. The Giants' willingness to run the football even in the face of a fantastic defensive line was fascinating.

Ted Jinn Jr is the normal punt returner but was injured for this game and unfortunately his understudy just wasn't up to the task. As I said previously he's a very talented player and will only get better from the experience.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Those 69rs lost it when they bent over & we gave it to them up the ass. Candledick Park will never be the same again.

I knew we had it won at the coin toss in OT.
In fact, I reckon they should introduce first score wins in AFL too when it's a drawn game.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14   

Jump to: