Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2011 NFL thread - a jackspain celebration

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

With that Bronco's win - I just have a Feeling they could go all that way with Tebow
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:20 pm

OEP! How is your pulse after that? What a victory!
Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Wow.
The last 2 minutes of the first half was crazy bad and the last 2 minutes, well, what can you say.
And almost 30 years to the day of the famous "catch" game.
They've played their final now.

Pack the thermal underwear next week.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
OEP! How is your pulse after that? What a victory!

The ambo's just left with their defib equipment Very Happy

Damn that was a hell of a game, great spectacle for anyone watching but obviously that much sweeter for 9ers fans Wink

2nd and 3rd quarters I thought the 9er offense moved away from what made them so efficient and effective during the regular season, but thankfully corrected that mistake in the 4th quarter.

Vernon Davis's game winning TD was a thing of beauty, both the great pressure throw from Smith and the unbelievable catch by Davis (and I loved the emotion shown by Davis after the catch).

I thought at stages during the game the 9er receivers let Smith down by dropping some very easy receptions and either moving the offense off the field or putting them in really bad 3rd and long situations. Crabtree had butter fingers today which is understandable given this would be easily the biggest game he's ever played in and he's still a very young receiver (with usually extremely reliable hands).

Plus some of the play calling, at times, left me a little bewildered.

What can I say about the 9er defense - AWESOME
Their brutality and ability to read the Saints offensive packages really unnerved the normally unflappable Bree's and resulted in numerous turnovers. Also obvious was the unsettling effect it had on most of the other Saints offensive players, except Jimmy Graham (TE) who played an amazing game considering he was all but knocked out in the first quarter.

Great game, great win. Time for the league to fear the 9ers.

Smith runs in a 4th quarter TD:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1024757-saints-vs-49ers-video-watch-alex-smith-blow-by-saints-d-on-td-run

Davis shows his emotion after the game winning TD:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1024781-vernon-davis-video-watch-49ers-tes-emotional-celebration-with-jim-harbaugh

Donte Whitner says hello to Pierre Thomas Wink Laughing
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1024604-saints-vs-49ers-video-watch-donte-whitner-jack-up-pierre-thomas-to-force-fumble

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Yarra Falls End wrote:
Wow.
The last 2 minutes of the first half was crazy bad and the last 2 minutes, well, what can you say.
And almost 30 years to the day of the famous "catch" game.
They've played their final now.

Pack the thermal underwear next week.

Should be a great game between the 9ers and the Giants next week Shocked wouldn't you say YFE Wink

Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Nah

First we get revenge over the Giants and then we get revenge against the 9ers for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1inguO24lwE

Amazing similarities in the receptions.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:07 pm

WOW.....one of the most amazing final 2 minutes I have ever seen. Incredible stuff.

Pats decided enough of this Tebow rubbish and taught Denver a football lesson.

Brady is one of the greatest All Time. His playoff record if phenomenal.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:10 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
WOW.....one of the most amazing final 2 minutes I have ever seen. Incredible stuff.

Brady is one of the greatest All Time. His playoff record if phenomenal.

Amen to that Wink

Also I don't think today's game against the Bronco's was a fair indication of how powerful an offensive unit the Pat's are. The Bronco defense was fairly ordinary and their cause wasn't help by the constant short fields given up by their offense.

Next week against either the Houston or Ravens defense will give a much better indication of how good the Pat's are at this stage of the season. Don't get me wrong Brady and their offense are bloody good and going to take some serious stopping but the Bronco's were never really going to trouble them.

On next week:

The 49ers are obviously through and will play either the Giants or Packers and to be perfectly honest I'd rather my boys play the Packers than the Giants Shocked

As mad as that reads let me explain. The Packers have a super charged offense obviously primarily due to their QB but their defense is very weak, whereas the Giants have a great QB with some great play makers around him that can make things happen on their own on offense, and also have a great defensive unit. Bottom line they have a better all round team.

Given how well the 49er defense handled Brees (who I believe is on par with A-Rod this season) I honestly believe they can complete the same job on A-Rod and the Packer defense will give up plenty of points.

If it turns out to be a 49er vs Giants game (which I believe it will) I think it'll be an absolute ripper and while my heart says it'll be a 49er win my head says the Giants Crying or Very sad

If it's the 49ers vs Packers, again, I think it'll be a great game but on this occasion both my heart and head say the 49ers will be to strong and come away with the win (sorry YFE....not Laughing)

On the other side of the league, as I've already stated, the Bronco's were suitably dealt with by the Pat's and will face either Houston or the Ravens next week.

The Houston vs Ravens game should be a great game as both have great defenses and have offenses capable of sporadic moments of greatness, but unfortunately I think this one will be a blow out in favour of the Ravens. Houston just have to many important players injured or coming back after significant time away from the game. Most notably their QB Matt Schaub (who's still out) and their no.1 receiver Andre Johnson who only returned last week.

The Ravens also have their problems on defense with both Ray Lewis and (more importantly) Ed Reed, hopefully, coming back into the team after time on the injured list. Though the Ravens defense is far better equiped to deal with these loses (if that's the case on game day) than the Texans are to deal with the loss of Schaub and a underdone Johnson on offense.

End of the day the Texan defense is strong enough to restrict the Ravens offense but will give up points (probably 20 odd) but their offense just won't be able to trouble the Ravens defense (even if their without Lewis and / or Reed), unless Johnson has the game of his life, but current form and current QB suggests he won't.

For next week if it's the Pat's vs Ravens (most likely) then if Reed is back and firing for the Ravens defense I think it'll be a close game with the Ravens coming away with the win. If Reed is still injured or playing at less than his best then the Pat's should win in a tight contest.

If it's the Pat's vs Texans then I believe the Pat's will win comfortably but, as with the Ravens, be troubled by the Houston defense. It's the Texan offense that's the problem and for them to have any chance they'd have to have another game for the ages to win, and unfortunately the sun only shines out of a dogs arse once a year and if they got past the Ravens then Houston would had their sunny day already.

Anyway at least I can watch these last two games without any stress, my team already won. Next week will be a completely different story Wink

blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:38 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

Thank **** for that.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Reckon it be a Patriots vs Packers Super Bowl
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:58 am

packers out. Shocked they lost to the giants
Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:10 pm

Giants VS 49ers.

Who would have thought!

Giants and 49ers are showing some serious form. Next week isn't going to be easy to predict, although I'm on the 49ers bandwagon.

Though I should be on the Giants seeing they are the NFC East, same as my Cowboys Wink.

Patriots V 49ers Super Bowl!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:25 pm

NO and GB out. Patriots must be close to a sure thing now.
Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Catches win matches.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Yarra Falls End wrote:
Catches win matches.

Told you the Giants would win Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14   

Jump to: