Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Josh Fraser 1 year away from...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish we'd stop pretending that he's a ruckman. That delusion has already cost us ONE premiership.

Josh Fraser lurking around the forward lines is dynamite. In the ruck he's a damp squib.

Absolutely NO WAY should he be traded. He is already a brilliant footballer. Stop playing him out of position and he will probably win a Copeland ... or at the very least, a Brownlow

GO HARD OR GO HOME
Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" http://alf.magpies.net
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:58 am

Angel,

anyone at Stkilda looks good.....he is playing amongst a bunch of losers. StKilda are the biggest under achievers going around.

jlc

Its not arrogance if you can back it up

Fate is what you are given, Destiny is what you do with it

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Seth 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:57 am

You people are kidding aren't you. A couple of games this year and already want to TRADE HIM! Quick start a 'let's bag our players' forum and have your whines there especially you Rohan. What a joke cna't believe this is even a discussion. No wonder sometimes opposition supporters laugh at the way we treat our stars.
And these are not just peoples opinions, these are deliberate attempts to talk players down. Josh Fraser will be our next captain one day for goodness sakes.
Hey Rohan I would love to see how well you played being 6 ft 5 and trying to hold down a forward position but I guess you were an average height midfielder like most of us where it is a lot easier to get a kick.
If it's not Tarrant it's Rocca or someone else.

Might have to start calling you Suzi Olsen Rohan. She is full of crap comments but hey that is only my opinion.

'Go trig boy, it's your birthday'.

[This message has been edited by Seth (edited 04 March 2003).]
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:51 pm

Suzi Olsen Rohan!! LMAO!!!!! Classic Seth, classic.
You are right though. Pre 2 seasons ago, Licuria was the whipping boy. Since then he has won 2 Copelands.
Last year Taz took the brunt of our frustrations, and yes, I was a main offender. Last year Molloy also copped it.

This year looks like Josh has the honor of having the weight of Collingwood supporters expectations put on his broad shoulders. Wonder how long Woey will get before we start to "eat our own"?

Thank God CFC is in the capable hands of Ed, Mick and Noel, as us, the fans, have a shocking record for picking the best path for our club.

-Craig

MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:10 pm

Josh Fraser is not ruckman. he's no good at it, he's not suited to it and it is a complete waist of time trying to make him one. Josh is the a very tall flanker at present and could be a lethal winger. I wouldn;t mind him being trailed at half back either. At present we should just leave him on the wing or flank and let the opposition match him up. If he doesn't improve significantly in the next 2 years it will be definate that we made the wrong selection - the same mistake that would have been made by all 16 teams. I still think he has the ability to be a very damaging footballer. His combination of height and agility is rare. He sadly lacks confidence now. MM has been brilliant with the young players to date but he erred badly with Josh. He crucified hiom in 200 by playing him in the ruck.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:05 am

Everything you have seen Josh Fraser do so far is called learning. He is getting experience, there is only one way to get this. Anyone who says that some players are "natural" footballers, in the true sense of the word, have got no idea. Some learn faster than others. He is 21 and has played 60 odd games, including a GF. Me thinks some will be very embarrased at what they have said, in time.

Go Pies!
dimo 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:12 am

Well said AC..

Lets give Fraser our SUPPORT and stop BAGGING HIM...

GO PIES..

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:04 am

I'm gonna weigh into the 'Joshy' debate as well...

He isn't, and never will be, a ruckman. He should be played mainly in the forward line.

As a tall forward, he requires possibly the opposition's best or second best defender - that is a bonus for us. Makes it difficult for other teams to match up on our tall forward line of Josh, Chrissy and Ant. And that's why it's also good if Stunning can actually play halfway decently in the ruck as it releases both Ant and Josh to roam free in the forward line.

And let's not forget, this is only the pre-season competition, where historically the lesser-lights have shone (case in point - check out Rhyce Shaw!) and the superstars have been quiet...let's wait until the real season starts before passing judgement!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:40 am

Dont forget Paul Salmon played a lot of his footy as a forward and we only saw the best of him as a ruckman towards the end of his career.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:03 am

Josh's reputation precedes him. He will deliver but give the kid a break....yes that's right THE KID! It's generally accepted that big men take longer to mature footy wise and Josh is no different.

I do want to point out that Josh copped a lot of this sort of stuff last year. He had a down year, that is given. However I don't recall anyone questioning his spot come finals time did they? He is a big time player and lifted for the finals. Name the final last year that he didn't perform!

Such short memories us humans have.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:27 am

This was posted by Angel in another thread.

Josh is starting to look very uncoordinated at times.

Pies light up my world. Davis was the next big thing but now it will be Didak or Cole. Go Pies!

Donny.

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN !!!!
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:31 am

This was posted by JLC in another thread.

Give the guy a break its only pre season. Some of you guys should barrack for Richmond as they love turning on their own and they "Eat'em alive"
You don't lose ability you only lose confidence

So some of you should state whether you think Fraser has the ability and then stick by that judgement and then we can see how close you are by seasons end.

My call is that Fraser will be firing by year end

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues

Donny.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:35 am

This was posted by dimo in another thread.

Fraser is like a time bomb, it's only a matter of time when he will explode.One just has to look back at Gadiner from the eagles to see now he turned into a gun.
He just needs our support not bagging...

GO PIES>>

Donny.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:09 am

This thread is making me sick...! Sorry Rohan...
He's just low on confidence
Afl Andrews is spot on. He's not realy a ruckman. More a forward. He could be a ruckman but he'll have to beef up.
I think he could turn into the FF we're looking for. Our players are still young and some still yet to work out their best playing possi.

Go Mighty Magpies
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:29 am

As much as I think personally that this topic is just plain crap, I can't resist. I mean while we're on the subject who drafted him, was it Judkins? Get rid of him too.

Kristin you should be on the match committee. No doubt Fraser has looked his most potent as a forward.

(I'd like to add that though there has been some good debate, the thinking behind trading Fraser is ridiculous).

Go Pies!

[This message has been edited by AnthonyC (edited 05 March 2003).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: