Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Josh Fraser 1 year away from...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Look I agree Fraser has plenty of improvement in him....remember last year after the Port final....Collingwood faithful...lost there faith in Josh....can anyone tell me how many goals he kicked in the prelim and GF?? Matches that actually count???

He does get pushed around and tends to fall over but...bugger me...he is ONLY 21....Trade him and watch him win three brownlows at another club....202cm blokes with his skill are rare....I say sit back and enjoy his development

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
drew1602 Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:08 am

If only we could trade supporters...then maybe we would not have such rubbish mentioned on this forum...

Josh Fraser is still only 21....5 or ten years ago ruckman of his age did not exist...he has been placed in a position (ruck) that is dominated my those in there late 20's or early 30's..

Give hime time and enjoy the next ten years as we ALL watch him become the champion he WILL become.

Go You Pie Boys

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:12 am

I suspect his job at the moment might be to lead the tallest defender away from the goal square and leave a hole for the other smaller forwards to run into.

He's not sparkling right now, but then again he hasn't had to be and he's probably got at least 2-3 years development left in him. Who would we trade him for anyway?

Its early days, the coaching staff wont want to over do him because of his oestitis problem and always remember - fast little guys get slower, but tall guys are always just as tall.

"I am disrespectful to scum! Can you see I am serious!"
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:15 am

I don't want to trade Josh, I know he can play. A stint in the VFL may sharpen him up. He may be lacking confidence who knows, but we cannot carry him. We need everyone playing well.

I am more annoyed about his form.

And we all have different opinions (re trading supporters), just because my opinion is different from yours does not make me right or wrong and vise versa. I am disapointed on the two matches I have seen so far in 2003. If you say his games have been good that is great as well as that is your opinion.

[This message has been edited by Culprit (edited 03 March 2003).]
drew1602 Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:26 am

That was directed at you culprit....yoru opinions have been very valid..I agree astint in the magoos may be needed...But lets at leats wait until the real thing to make that sort of decision..

Go You Pie Boys !!!!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:57 am

No kidding

Lets wait then, I hope he proves me wrong. I look at it this way I bagged Steve McKee and he made me eat humble pie. I hope Josh does the same.

Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:44 am

Do you like apple or blueberry

Note...If Fraser played like he has in R1 AND 2 then yes he should be dropped for a run with Willi.....but he is certainly in our best 22

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:50 pm

This really is a discussion for post September 2003.
I do not want to trade Josh, but understand that all players are tradeable at the right price.
If Josh does not have the success that we believe he is capable of, it will only once again show up the whole "No 1 draft pick" farce that exists.
How many No 1's have achieved the potential that the position promises? Not many.
Josh is big, young and awkward. As are many guys of his stature. It's not a new thing and requires our coaches to find solutions and programs to push him forward. They did so with Licca, and I have faith that they can with Fraz.
Patience people, patience.

-Craig

Rohan 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:41 pm

On current form he deserves to be banished to the magoos. He has the jam tart of one N Davis.

The poster formerly known as Rohan Coventry Tateson

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:13 pm

It wasnt too many seasons ago that one A Rocca was banished to the reserves and was the butt of many jokes due to his fitness etc. Rocca bounced back and i have no doubts Fraser will.

Just give the boy time and enjoy the other players like Didak and Williams who are playing well.

jlc

Its not arrogance if you can back it up

Fate is what you are given, Destiny is what you do with it

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:20 pm

and also enjoy the re-emergence of the famous 'willoooo...willooooo' chant!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:24 pm

Yes the "Willo willo" chant is back bigger and louder than ever!!!!!!!!!! The memories oh the memories come flooding back!!!

jlc

Its not arrogance if you can back it up

Fate is what you are given, Destiny is what you do with it

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
angel 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:34 pm

Josh doesn't deserve some of this bagging but he is not the once in a generation player his pre-draft hype had us believe. Were not we happy to lose matches just to get him. I would rate Riewoldt and Pavlich higher by a lot at this stage.

Pies light up my world. Davis was the next big thing but now it will be Didak or Cole. Go Pies!
afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:35 pm

Nice to have an opinion Rohan , but perhaps you could back off from the character assassination. I dont think any-one would question Josh's determination and commitment.
Travis Johnson the 97 no-1 pick took 4 years to rise to the top. It will happen for Josh too, sooner rather than later

Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:40 am

When we drafted Josh we initially said he was going to take some before he was ready to play against the big boys. We threw him to the wolves straight away and he has kept his spot in the team by teasing us with occasional brilliance but the fact still remains he has an underdeveloped body which is his only real major constraint.

Let him stay up forward and have the occasional pinch hit in the ruck against some of the lesser talented ruckmen (Primus, Spider and co he simply cant compete against players of that size so dont bother).

We arent going to replace 37 goals in a season from someone in the Willy team so just have some patience and let him keep gaining valuable experience in the one's whilst his body fills out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: