Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

grand final flashbacks!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pieman2003 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:08 am
Post subject: grand final flashbacks!Reply with quote

Do any of u guys n' gals have flashbacks to GF day??

I can still see myself standing there at 5.10pm, in front of the telly, scarf on (i live in Tassie!), my magpie cap proudly donning my scalp, my magpie beer cup standing galliantly by my side, my magpie engraved Sherrin sitting there in complete silence.... I hold steady... and then.. and then.....

My tele then reveals 2 warriors standing on the battlefield, lost, broken & in despair. They cry, I cry....

Come on round 4, Thursday April 17, at the GABBA!!!!

REVENGE, yes Sweet REVENGE, I will be broken no more

I lie in wait......

Geoffy Pie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i remember myself at 5.10 at the top of the southern stand, looking down below with tears in my eyes thinking how close we were

dimo 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:12 am

Yep, bottom of the ponsford stand with a tear in my eye and full of pride by the way the boys put in..

GO PIES..

Hurricane 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:56 am

April 17 can never equal revenge. Only a premiership can.

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:07 am

Well said Hurricane, a win in round 4 means nothing to what they stole from us.

In the Cheersquad, behind the goals, decked out in full Collingwood costume, head in my hands with a broken heart. I think about that lost opportunity all the time, Ii even wrote a few pieces about it. I think it will stay with all of us forever, only easing when Bux holds up a Premiership Cup.

BROOKE'S TECHNO LYRICS ENCYCLOPAEDIA

"The night I laid my eyes on you. I felt everything around me move. Got nervous when you looked my way. But you knew all the words to say"

***RaPtUrE - IiO***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
CAAS 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:09 am

I remember getting P1ssed on from a great height after the game and hiding in some building on Wellington parade that was full of Fijians that were having a barbie for the granny. Then jumped into a cab str8 to Vic Park and partied.
When the game finished all those around us were consolong each other but it wasnt tears of disaster, we were all rapt with the boys performance.

5 Cougars thanks
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:15 am

And the worse thing is, even if we win in round 4, the bastards are gonna throw the GF at us when we sing and celebrate and stuff. I can see myself in major fights at the GABBA, thats if i am not evicted for bashing the crap out of Akermanis when he comes anywhere near the fence before the game finishes. The best victory would be to defeat them in this year's GF, and have Akermanis CARVED UP, and benched

BROOKE'S TECHNO LYRICS ENCYCLOPAEDIA

"The night I laid my eyes on you. I felt everything around me move. Got nervous when you looked my way. But you knew all the words to say"

***RaPtUrE - IiO***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:31 pm

Don't worry Pieman, I have not got over it yet. It has been made worse knowing we were easily the better team on the day, and living here in Queensland means not too many shoulders to cry on. BUT revenge is nigh in round 4!!!
GO THE MIGHTY PIES>
Mudlark

Pebbles 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:27 pm

i was @ Vic Park, and i remember when Fraser kciked the goal and put us in front i tought we were going to win, then when we lost i was just shatterd, and wen Buckley won the norm smith is when i was almost in tears

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:49 pm

i remember being there, in the Olympic stand, disappointed that we hadn't won, but so Proud of the boys and how they'd played. They were truly magnificent. I left as Bucks got the Norm Smith medal and headed over to Victoria Park, still so proud of boys. I'm still so very proud of them today and the only thing that can make me prouder, is when we win the GF in September this year.

Rosewall Woman 3 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:33 pm

I remember...

The whole week, training, ballots, queues, GF parade, parking at Vic park at 9am GF day, train to MCG, bottom of the Southern. Soooo many B&W supporters, hopeful, a mateship shared with no words spoken, the cocky Bryans supporters saying we didn't have a "snowflakes chance in hell"... hmmm heard that somewhere before, where was that, ah Adelaide 3 weeks earlier, that's where. We knew we could do it, better still the boys knew they could do it. The day got colder and colder, if that was possible, then it didn't matter, the game had started, Pebbles' first goal from the boundary, and the ride was tense, so bloody tense. Bloody cheater Lynch using his bully boy tactics, Burns locking on to anything in maroon, the heart was there, we were there. There was an eerie sense of expectation at the G, the Bryans were shitting themselves, not so cocky now, the B&W army was so on edge it was about to explode. Rocca was robbed of another, Josh marked God knows how and we were nearly there, then Pus face had a lucky break and we ran out of time. The Bryans cheered in relief more than cockyness, the B&W crowd all stunned, some crying with missed opportunities, some staring into the sight of Waklein crouched in goal square coming to terms with losing, Bucks devastated still congratulating Voss etc, I am watching the presentations, with binoculars on the B&W group consoling each other, trainers, water boys, coaches, MM and Eddie. The very personal scene between MM and Licka I feel I am intruding, but am deeply touched and in the "zone". Bucks getting the NS, knowing he played his guts out and will be proud of his achievement, the gesture of removing it when he returns to the group is even more understandable, his anguish palpable to me. Watching the Bryan celebrate and go around the ground thinking how much better it would be if it was Collingwood. The heavens open up with torrential rain and hail, they too are crying, pictures from the Collingwood rooms of MM, wife and Kristie hugging and crying as one (only saw this on the TVs at the G)heading off with many others to catch the train to Vic Park. Mostly B&W, silence with the occasional sob. The boys did us proud, the media are all shocked we were there til the end, but our boys knew they could do it. Vic park had many that had been there all day, those unlucky in the ballot, or those that chose to be with their unit seeing the boys home. The goal square in front of the Sherrin stand is a mud pit. More out pouring of grief, of pride, that we were really this close. The boys are going to drop in on their way to Crown, ah this is what it is that is Collingwood. Someone said to MM why go back to Vic park in this weather, no one will be there! MM knew better, he knew we would be there, that we had been there, he knows what it is to breathe B&W. He came, Eddie came, the boys came. Some still taking it real hard, unable to shake off their feelings failure. We chanted to them all, sung the song with gutso, we let them know we were proud. They went off in their bus, passing past our car, Rocca looking out the window, looked at us, and we could feel his pain. The next day we went back to Vic park, not as wet but the scars on Vic Park from the day before are clear to see, on the turf and on the faces of others at the ground. Nath makes an appearance, more people at our function than at Brisbanes in Melb and Brisbane put together. The guys arrive in dribs and drabs. They sit in the Bob Rose stand behind glass, watching all of us celebrate being Collingwood. They take the stage amidst chants, cheers and tears. Eddie says we will be back hungrier than ever, that we are not happy with 2nd place. Nath says much the same and says WE should be thanked for supporting them!! MM goes into his George Negus role and interviews some of the boys. The crowd can't get enough. The players leave and the crowd slowly drifts away, thinking of 2003! It brings so many emotions to the for just remembering different things to do with the GF, and makes me wish that 2003 those feelings are all different for all the right reasons.

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:00 pm

Gr8 stuff Rosewall

BROOKE'S TECHNO/DANCE LYRICS ENCYCLOPAEDIA

" Your love it feels so good, and that's what takes me high. Higher than I've been before, your love it keeps me alive. Thought I should let you know, when you touch me it means so much. When I'm alone at night, It's you I'm always thinking of, Oohh oh baby "

***It FeElS sO gOoD - SoNiQuE***
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:03 pm

the worst bit was seeing the players sitting on the bus wen they were leaving viccy park. it was soooo sad!

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:04 pm

I really dont remember alot from Vic Park that night but thats a wholeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee different story. Dunno whether its a good or bad thing though.

BROOKE'S TECHNO/DANCE LYRICS ENCYCLOPAEDIA

" Your love it feels so good, and that's what takes me high. Higher than I've been before, your love it keeps me alive. Thought I should let you know, when you touch me it means so much. When I'm alone at night, It's you I'm always thinking of, Oohh oh baby "

***It FeElS sO gOoD - SoNiQuE***
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:59 pm

Watching the Footy Show tonight and seeing that final part with Joe Cocker singing and Eddie holding up the 'Premiers 2002' Weg poster.

*sobs*

We were in the Grand Final.

My main memory would be sitting there absolutely freezing. And thinking at one stage "This could be it..." and then it seemed so quickly that my head was in my hands and it was over.

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
BRING BACK NED!

(political comments edited)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: