Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#47,#11 Jarryd Blair

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
mel_kay39 wrote:
magirl wrote:
It is a sad reflection that singling out one player each season to be the brunt of so called fans dissatisfaction with the teams ability to satisfy their need to be supreme occurs every year. Who will it be next year. I shudder to think even Pendles or Swan will fit the bill eventually. Thought our motto was side by side. That goes for the good and the bad. It is easy to say this in good times. need to follow through in the harder times. Blair was not the worst player in our team this year. I would go so far as to say he would be in the top half performed of our team this year. I expect to be howled down, but my opinion is my own.

We need to encourage and get behind all of our players. Anyone does better when this is the case.

GOLD.

Oh and someone in one of the other threads mentioned trading Swan. So he had a poor year by his standards - he is still our only Brownlow medallist. Why the hell would you trade him?! But hey, while we're getting rid of ALL our experienced players, why not throw Swan out with the bathwater?!

Why did we get rid of shaw?
It was part of the rebuild stupid.

Quick to highlight Blair's inadequacy but happy to turn a blind eye to Shaw's growing propensity toward a brain fade in 2013. Shaw had more than enough opportunity to turn that around in 2013 and has had more than a few 2nd chances in the past. Very sad to see him leave but get over it, he'd run his race at the Pies.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:01 pm

jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
magirl wrote:
It is a sad reflection that singling out one player each season to be the brunt of so called fans dissatisfaction with the teams ability to satisfy their need to be supreme occurs every year. Who will it be next year. I shudder to think even Pendles or Swan will fit the bill eventually. Thought our motto was side by side. That goes for the good and the bad. It is easy to say this in good times. need to follow through in the harder times. Blair was not the worst player in our team this year. I would go so far as to say he would be in the top half performed of our team this year. I expect to be howled down, but my opinion is my own.

We need to encourage and get behind all of our players. Anyone does better when this is the case.

You obviously like losing.
I don't.
He is a dud afl player.
Good luck to him making 100 games.
I just hope he doesn't play one more game.
But im definitely wrong there.

Just played game 102. I'm sure he'll appreciate your best wishes even if your a few weeks behind.

You obviously can't read or comprehend
I didn't say he played his 100th game this weekend.
But curly the stooge would be proud of you.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:07 pm

jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
mel_kay39 wrote:
magirl wrote:

GOLD.

Oh and someone in one of the other threads mentioned trading Swan. So he had a poor year by his standards - he is still our only Brownlow medallist. Why the hell would you trade him?! But hey, while we're getting rid of ALL our experienced players, why not throw Swan out with the bathwater?!

Why did we get rid of shaw?
It was part of the rebuild stupid.

Quick to highlight Blair's inadequacy but happy to turn a blind eye to Shaw's growing propensity toward a brain fade in 2013. Shaw had more than enough opportunity to turn that around in 2013 and has had more than a few 2nd chances in the past. Very sad to see him leave but get over it, he'd run his race at the Pies.

Again you don't understand.
It wasn't about shaw per se
It was about trading for a future flag.
Your dislike of me clouds your brain.
but then again your logic is warped.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:15 pm

jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Seriously, we all know that Blair has significant limitations. We also know that the principal aim of the recruiting over the last two years has been to bring high-quality draft talent into the Club. In another thread yesterday, I identified 10 kids who've been recruited in that time. A number of them we haven't even seen on the park, yet. The problem is that the talented kids have to reach the point where the standard of their game compels their inclusion ahead of Blair. So far, I think we've all identified the problem (ie, Blair won't be in the next premiership team) but the solution has not yet announced himself.

Thus, earlier in the season, there were repeated calls for Kyle Martin to be given Blair's spot. Most of those calls subsided after Kyle played a little in the seniors. Perhaps he wasn't given enough of a chance but it appears from this distance that the Club doesn't think he has what it takes, either. WY

Over time, as the team improves generally, this will take care of itself. If the team doesn't improve enough, we have a much wider problem. Blair is a courageous, hard-working, desperate little fellow who bleeds black and white. Ultimately, that isn't enough - but I am constantly saddened to see him being blamed for the fact that the Club has no-one ready, yet, to take his place.

The club obviously thinks martin is a dud.
The trouble is blair is a dud
So try someone else.

So you keep saying but to date your yet to offer 1 realistic alternate option.

Well finally a reasonable question.
Kennedy on Friday night would have been good
And before that mooney could of have had a crack.
Kenezis in the last couple of weeks may have been worth it

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:12 pm

thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Seriously, we all know that Blair has significant limitations. We also know that the principal aim of the recruiting over the last two years has been to bring high-quality draft talent into the Club. In another thread yesterday, I identified 10 kids who've been recruited in that time. A number of them we haven't even seen on the park, yet. The problem is that the talented kids have to reach the point where the standard of their game compels their inclusion ahead of Blair. So far, I think we've all identified the problem (ie, Blair won't be in the next premiership team) but the solution has not yet announced himself.

Thus, earlier in the season, there were repeated calls for Kyle Martin to be given Blair's spot. Most of those calls subsided after Kyle played a little in the seniors. Perhaps he wasn't given enough of a chance but it appears from this distance that the Club doesn't think he has what it takes, either. WY

Over time, as the team improves generally, this will take care of itself. If the team doesn't improve enough, we have a much wider problem. Blair is a courageous, hard-working, desperate little fellow who bleeds black and white. Ultimately, that isn't enough - but I am constantly saddened to see him being blamed for the fact that the Club has no-one ready, yet, to take his place.

So try someone else.

no. not like for like.

roar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Yes they are, JW. As like for like as your likely to get.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:00 pm

roar wrote:

karnezis for blair?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:36 pm

thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

So try someone else.

Kennedy - apparently being managed this season follow surgery to both his legs in the off season.
Mooney - has struggled all season at VFL level.
Karnezis - no preseason following OP and had progress stalled by hamstring injuries.

So in a team struggling without the availability of senior players through injury, already asking too much of 10-12 U50 game players each week, you want to replace 1 of the few remaining senior players in the team who contributes every week with players lacking either form or fitness.

Hopefully all 3 of those players come on in 2015, I have no doubt Kennedy will, Karnezis may, Mooney could if he survives on the list. They just aren't realistic alternatives.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:46 pm

Honestly I'm hoping we can do much better than needing Blair's type of "contribution" next year.

He cracks in but he's a battler and his pressure acts would be better replaced by pace, skilled ball use and scoreboard impact which Kennedy and Karnezis at least have the potential to provide.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:40 am

jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

So try someone else.

Kennedy - apparently being managed this season follow surgery to both his legs in the off season.
Karnezis - no preseason following OP and had progress stalled by hamstring injuries.

So in a team struggling without the availability of senior players through injury, already asking too much of 10-12 U50 game players each week, you want to replace 1 of the few remaining senior players in the team who contributes every week with players lacking either form or fitness.

Hopefully all 3 of those players come on in 2015, I have no doubt Kennedy will, Karnezis may, Mooney could if he survives on the list. They just aren't realistic alternatives.

You just don't get it.
JT ran around in the vfl for half the year
He could play blairs role.
Blair was picked for every game every week.
But to me and numerous other supporters he is a
complete dud.
In the stands he is bagged by numerous collingwood
supporters not just the "perceptive fellow" on nicks.
I go to the vfl most weeks (see my vfl match day reports)
and I see collingwood vfl players such as ferguson (170cm)
do things that blair cannot do.
I am depressed seeing our club picking
blair in our top 22 every week.
I am not going to argue about his role, it is a waste of time

Last edited by thompsoc on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:42 am

thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

So try someone else.

You just don't get it.
JT ran around in the vfl for half the year
He could play blairs role.
Blair was picked for every game every week.
But to me and numerous other supporters he is a
complete dud.
In the stands he is bagged by numerous collingwood
supporters not just the "perceptive fellow" on nicks.
I go to the vfl most weeks (see my vfl match day reports)
and I see collingwood vfl players such as ferguson (170cm)
do things that blair cannot do.
I am depressed seeing our club picking
blair in our top 22 every week.
I am not going to argue about his role.

last night you had an opportunity to ask bucks. did you bother to go?

and just because other supporters bag blair doesn't make you right. it makes you all look and sound like the dickheads you are.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:58 am

Well John Wren you are a very sensitive man.
I've nicknamed Jackass Curly
So it is obvious you must be Larry
There are lots of club stooges on nicks.
what are you doing in September?
That's right watching hawthorn (again)
and geelong (again) play off.
I can just imagine their football departments
writing out their trade wish list for 2015.
Do you think there would be any any any
chance that blairs name would be there?
He is a second rate player and everybody knows it
except larry, curly, mo......

roar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:14 pm

John Wren wrote:
roar wrote:

karnezis for blair?

Sorry missed that one. I meant Mooney and Kennedy were like replacements for Blair.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:14 pm

Bucks clearly loves Blair. I got up and asked Bucks about our forward line deficiencies and questioned his assessment that we have weapons. I basically told him that I "disagree with you" outside of Cloke and Elliott. I told him that we seem to have a makeshift forward line, even when at full strength. He talked up Blair, and I responded with "the problem is he's our lead-up forward and he's 5 foot 6." Bucks responded to this that it evidenced his 'workrate'. So, what I got out of that was that Bucks believes Blair is imperative to our 'structure'. Straight from the horse's mouth. I told Bucks that Broomhead's front and centre goal vs GWS was the only time a Collingwood player has crumbed front and centre in 5 years, further proving that our forwwardline is bereft of actual natural forwards, and that Broomhead looks a likely type. I asked Hine at the end about Broomhead, and he said he will be a FORWARD. Also said that Broomhead had signed for 2 years. He said the reason Karnezis didn't play was due to fitness. May have got up for the last game, but not worth it. They've been managing him towards 2015. Also, Kennedy is unfit and can’t run out a game, hence why he doesn't play seniors regularly.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:18 pm

Yeah, I read somewhere that Buckley's planned forward line was Cloke, Reid, White, Goldsack, Blair and Elliott. If that's true then I am pretty worried about Bucks' approach of playing 2 defensive forwards in Blair and Goldy. I also think he over-estimated White's value.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 15 of 43   

Jump to: