Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Scott Burns

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:58 pm
Post subject: Scott BurnsReply with quote

Here is the ultimate team player. He is more important to our team than Buckley. He is cool in a crisis, puts everything on the line and you can see he is committed to the team and to win.
Reminds me of Andrew McKay who is one player I admire even though he plays for those scum. Also has a touch of the Shane Morwood in him, although he is blessed with much more skill and pace. He can play every aspect of our game. Any end and on anyone. When Scotty gets beaten or he does not play we get beaten. He stands up to be counted every time, every game.
People look to Buck's as our Biggest Asset, but I would Have Burns, Rocca, & Lica before him in that order.
Here is a guy that was vice captain of our great club, now he is not vice captain he still shows the qualities of a leader.
I would say Burns is in one of MM's first few picks of the team when they are deciding who will play.

Burns played on Rattan on the weekend, Rattan paid the ultimate price on allowing Burns to get away from him and not showing him the respect which Burns deserves.
#17 is a great number and I am sure Supporters who remember Barwick running into the forward line and putting them through have a bit of deja vu when Burns does the same thing.

Go Scotty Go......

[This message has been edited by Culprit (edited 28 February 2003).]
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with every word.

100,000 GOLD WIGS and a million shining eyes
This our country's one true game
And the footy ground's on fire
And collingwood's sons and daughter's, under wide Australian skies
Win or lose we're back again to claim the winner's prize.....

Go Pies you bloody beauties !! 'Caaarm Ornnn' kill the Bloody Bastards.

email..joffa@magpies.net
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:05 pm

SSB is a legend. So glad that he is finally shrugging off his injuries *touches wood*

We need a chant for SSB as well

jlc

Its not arrogance if you can back it up

Fate is what you are given, Destiny is what you do with it

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:09 pm

Burns is complete class.

Fortunately for us the way he goes about his game seems to be rubbing off big time on every player in our team.

I look at the present Collingwood squad as a whole, and to me there is no doubt the way we are going about our footy at the moment is not to dissimilar to the way scott burns has gone about his footy during his entire career.

Burns always remains calm, positive, assesses his options well, goes in hard, gives 100% all the time and makes it look all to easy out there. He is one player who seems to make the rest of the game freeze in time as he goes about his work effectively. Traits not unlike that of a former black and white number 26.

With Scott out there contributing, you know Collingwood will always be in with a good shot.

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:33 am

Ditto to all of the above.
A deadset LEGEND.
With Burns, Lica and Bucks leading the way by putting in 110% what a great example for the younger players to follow.

If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:41 am

Yep no doubt that Burnsy is a solid performer and a very valuable part of the side. A no-nonsense footballer who does what he can for the good of the team without trying to set the world alight for his own benefit. More important than Bucks, that's a tough one. We have survived somewhat in the past for prolonged periods without Burns, maybe now the situation is different but I doubt we could have got up too much without Bucks in the side for a great length of time.

Go Pies!
GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:02 am

Most of his possesions are hard ball gets, he rarely gets beaten when fighting for the footy against an opponent. We would have made the finals in 2001 if he played all year. MM uses him very well in spurts, the team lifts when he is on the paddock, a truly great player.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:19 am

Seriously, Buck's impact on our current team is not what it use to be. Burns impact is far greater. Many think the sun shines out of Buck's rear end, while he is a quality player and there is no doubting his commitment. At the end of the day on the 2002 season, we won games without Buck's. Important games at that. We are no longer Buckley driven winners, we are a team now and Burns is part of that team I feel. I would have Bucks in my top 5, but not in my top 3 so I am not bagging him as such, I am simply saying his impact on our team these days is not as big as others, such as Burns, Rocca & Lica.

Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:26 am

Burns is a gun and I think it is no coincidence that we made the GF with Burns playing almost every match...

He is a key for us and I too would have him in our top three...

PS. Both LICCA and Burns out for round 1 how much impact will this have on the result

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:57 am

True Culprit I see your point. And I agree as I said I also feel that Buck's absence is not as huge an issue as it may have been in the past. Although I'm quite sure one of the first things any opposition side we play does is work out who they are gonna play on Bucks. He without a doubt takes one of the best if not the best opposition players away from one of our other guys.

Go Pies!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:33 am

The year before when Burns had an injury hit season we struggled

Burns adds toughness to our team and very rarely lets the team down.

jlc

Its not arrogance if you can back it up

Fate is what you are given, Destiny is what you do with it

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:53 am

Well stated JLC, if Burns was out we use to lose. He is the General running through the centreline.

It must be hard now for opposition teams, they now have to try to take, Burns, Lica, Buckley, Woey, Didak, O'Bree out of the game to stop our drive out of teh centre. We are now the hunted.

2002 Collingwood was the #1 winner of hard ball gets out of the centre.

[This message has been edited by Culprit (edited 28 February 2003).]
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:18 am

Burns is better than Nath? Am I reading this correctly? And only one person has seen fit to disagree so far???

PUHLEEZE!!!

Nath has been outstanding for such a long period of time that I think you've all become accustomed to his brilliance and therefore take it for granted!

Seriously, only Rocca, when on song, is perhaps more important to our team than Nath - because he is a harder player for us to replace. At the end of the day, I guess all midfielders are ultimately replaceable, but no replacement could be of Nath's class.

And Culprit says that Burns is: "the ultimate team player. He is more important to our team than Buckley. He is cool in a crisis, puts everything on the line and you can see he is committed to the team and to win." Well, isn't Nath all these things too? Of course he damn well is!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Anjela04 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:30 am

Very well said Kristin, I'm with you!

YOU GO GIRL!!!

Always Proud & Passionate
carlabuckley_05 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:04 pm

me three!, well said kristin

carla

collingwood a la premiers 2003
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: