Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Opinions of Wiz Cup Rules?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
*ORZA* 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should get ride of the rule that allows players to tackle Leon Davis after he gets ride of the ball!

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:33 am

I loved the nine pointers - great to see Molly get one and Buckleys was sensational.

Too much pressure on the defenders with the rushed behind which could be good for the game if the umpires could get it right.

You don't need two goal umpires, just one that can see.

I don't know about the kicking backward rule - once again, depending where the umpire is positioned, he could get it wrong. Although I like the idea of it preventing that time wasting crap that we are sometimes subjected to at the end of a game.

A great new rule for the umpires would be that they are required to take an eyesight test before getting a game which they obviously are not required to do at present. (especially the goal umpires.)

If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:38 am

The reported scores for the 9ers is too hard to read and make it difficult to sum up the situation at a galnce, I reckon

At a glance 2.14.0.1 looks close to 2.4.0.1, but there is actually a 60 point differnce.

Not sure what you do about that, but maybe an asterisk for each 9er? On present form, there will never be too many of them.

That would transform last night's score from
CARLTON: 0.2.3, 0.5.5, 0.11.7, 0.14.8 (92)
COLLINGWOOD: 2.4.1, 2.8.6, 3.10.9, 4.16.16 (148)
to
CARLTON: 2.3, 5.5, 11.7, 14.8 (92)
COLLINGWOOD: 6**.1, 10**.6, 13***.9, 20****.16 (148)

Something like that, anyway.

"I am disrespectful to scum! Can you see I am serious!"

[This message has been edited by WhyPhilWhy? (edited 24 February 2003).]
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:36 pm

like the new rules but these subtle changes added to it
9 POINTER the 50m line should be extended to 55m for a 9 pointer to happen afl footballers these days can kick from 50 pretty easy
so extend it to 55m it may make it that bit harder.

3 POINTS RUSHED... this should be just 2 points 3 points is to much because if a ball comes to the goalsqaure the defender punches it through its 3 points 2 points i could live with.
deliberate out of bounds should be determined by umpire

2 goal umpires i like that maybe we needed 2 for roccas goal in gf

play on after a point like that rule as well its a bit like a fast break in basketball

[This message has been edited by STOKA35 (edited 24 February 2003).]
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:23 pm

9 pointer is exciting to watch, but I wouldn't introduce it to the main season. My fav rule is kicking backwards one. How often does a team that is winning, kick the ball around with only a minute to go, to keep possession. They kick it back and forth. That has always been a pet hate of mine. This rule makes them have to do something with the ball, being forced to kick into a possible competition if no other options present. As what happend in the port/crows game the other night, which if I recall correctly resulted soon after in adelaide getting the goal and winning? Definatly should be considered. 2 Goal umps should (we would hope) help. I don't like the 3 pointer, nor the quick kick ins.

Go Pies!!
Molly Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:25 pm

I actually really liked the new rules for the pre-season, tho I dont want to see them used during the real season. The nine pointers were really exciting, especially since I think we kicked more than any of the other 15 teams over the weekend! Could do without the orange umpire uniforms though - they were absolutely shocking!!

[This message has been edited by Molly07 (edited 26 February 2003).]
Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:18 pm

Re; Umps Orange Uniform.
I'm not sure, as I have not been to a live game while the Orange has been on show, but watching on TV I found that when I heard a whistle, I was able to locate the umpire and see the signal for his decision much quicker.
When the men in white wear white, and one team has white shorts, then it's harder to locate them. Now, isn't it better for the game if the majority of people can quickly locate the ump and see just what the reason for a free is?
I have been to games when a dacision has been made, and even other Magpies and the opposition supporters near me have no idea what is happening.
I think making the white rabbit more visible can only be better for the game.

-Craig

Delete if in wrong forum.

Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:11 pm

I agree that the umpire uniforms should not be of a clashing colour of the players. I know sometimes it is hard to pick them out. It has been easy to see them during the pre. So I think it would be a very good idea to have this kind of uniform. I don't know what colour, but its a good idea.

Bec
Go Pies!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: