Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Opinions of Wiz Cup Rules?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:53 pm
Post subject: Opinions of Wiz Cup Rules?Reply with quote

Well, I've seen 4 games and reckon some of the changes are worthwhile.
The "Cadbury" goal and a half, love it! Whenever a player takes the ball and runs towards the 50 the crowd rises and you can feel the anticipation. Very good for the game.
The extended centre square. Again, really good. Seems that the "intruders" cannot make it to the centre contest and we have been getting clean centre breaks on 90% of starts.
Two goal Umpires. Very good, seem to have good communication and positioning is excellent. We have a professional game and this seems like a logical extension to compensate for the current pace of the game.
Kick backwards outside attacking 50, no mark awarded. Good rule. No more crap endings to close games.
Rushed behind. No, this is not a good rule and is open to way to much interpretation on behalf of the orange rabbit. As seen in the pauperoos match when an essenscum player claimed a mark and went back for kick, he crossed the point line, no mark was awarded, so the rabbit said "deliberate point"! 3 points thank you very much orange rabbit.

Any one have an opinion on these rules and the possibility of being incorporated into the regular season?

-Craig

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched any games yet, but I agree that the 3 points for a rushed behind is a dreadful rule. Orange rabbits are not mind-readers ... Why give them more power?

I'm not a big fan of the 9 point goal either. It's a bit too gimmicky for a purist like me.

The thing I'm interested to see is the quick restart after a behind, using the spare ball. Could reduce the amount of time-on and that can only be a good thing. Of course it will put a stop to the old Cheer Squad delaying tactic of hanging on the ball until your zone is in position.

The no mark for a backward pass rule is probably a good idea ... but of course, any new rule that comes in is just one more opportunity for the orange rabbit to get it wrong.

And, as for the extra goal umpires ... Australian Rules Football is already over-umpired. They way we're going it will get like American football, where the umpires seem to outnumber the players. Still, it gives the Cheer Squad one more person to abuse.

GO HARD OR GO HOME
Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" http://alf.magpies.net
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:36 am

Well I think the kick backwards - no mark rule is good. The 9 pointer im not keen on, changes the game too much, players instead of running well inside 50 to make sure they dob it are pinging from outside 50 and we're seeing more behinds than goals and I want to see goals.

The 3pt rushed behind is terrible. Arn't you allowed to defend in this game anymore? Knock it over for a behind and you get pinged 3, knock it out of bounds and you get pinged for deliberate or if you decide to hang on to it you'll get pinged for holding the ball. Who'd want to be a defender.

Also with the 9 pointer and 3 pointer the socreboard has too many numbers. It's good to try things but the sooner we get to the real thing the better I say.

Fradam Wrote This
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:49 am

Painting the blind mice orange ,doesnt stop the fact that they are still blind mice.
never seen so many frees missed in a round,and then have the 2nd or 3rd free in a play get paid.
if a player drops the ball and then the tackle last a bit long,shouldnt the dropping the ball be paid?
it hasnt so far,i dont think ive sen one tackle rewarded in 5 games this weekend.
frankly giving the blind orangettes 4 more rules to get wrong is only going to cause more confusion.

i have placed a bet that geoof geischen is the first coach sacked,and they should sack all the blind mice as well.

did you see what lynch got away with on sat night? and the plicks had the nerve to give him a free for far less in the GF..

umpires are killing our great game.

d9 tank 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:35 am

I like the cant pass backwards rule but thats all. Dont like the 9 pointer because it seems to make the regular goal seem not so good (however I wont be complaining when Anthony has kicked 5 tonight!). Rushed behind rule is rubbish and not only does it put too much pressure on the defender but also is setting up the stage for some very controversial decisions.

1948pie Aries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:01 am

The 9 pointer is ok for this comp but needs a lot of refinement b4 introducing to real game. for eg Troy Wilson gets a beautiful pass onto his chest well within 50 but juggles it a few times and completes the mark outside 50 and gets a shot at a 9 pointer. If he had held it cleanly would have only been a regulation shot. Can see a lot of juggling occuring.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:54 am

I noticed last night that there are 2 goal umps....not trying to be stupid,but why 2 roaming around in the square.
Are they holding hands or something????

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002.
We missed 2002 but theres always 2003
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:08 am

Whats wrong with football? why is there this need to constantly change the rules? don't feed me that crap about improving the game either, I liked the way it was played 15 years ago, all they have seemed to do is make it softer, I think it has less to do with improving the game, than it has to do with has'beens and wannabe's to "leave their mark" on the game.
Bring back one in, all in blood and guts football!!
Paint a maggot orange, it's still a maggot!

MagpieMad
http://magpiemad.magpies.net/
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:25 am

Magpiemad shared:

quote:
Paint a maggot orange, it's still a maggot!

I was thinking to start calling them "rotten oranges" adding a few appropriate expletives when necessary.

Go Pies! You are doing us Proud.

Carol

May the Wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the Nation!
THE POSSUM PIES 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:52 pm

Hey Ed from WA, we saw Lynch get away with murder against the Sickley Swans too, an absolute joke!!!
They are only trialling these new rules in the Wiz Fiz cup, not when the real season commences, N'uf said, I rest my case!!!

CCAAAAARRRRRNNNNNNNN THE PIES!!!

black&whitebeliever 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:43 pm

The nine point goal was good for the Magpies tonight.. we kicked four of them .. we've got a good no. of players that can boot a ball that far..against the blues .. it was sweet...bring on the hawks..Woewodin showed he was a good aquisition and is determined to earn a place in the side.

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:29 pm

could u imagine if rocca was on show how many 9 pointers we would have ended up i reckon we would have got a score of near 200

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:09 am

Wasn't thinking that the 9pt goal was a big deal before hand, but after the game last night have to agree that it made for an exciting part of the game (Loved Bucks' effort).

The quick turnaround out of defence after a behind worked well for us and would love to see that one in the real game.

Go Pies!
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:30 am

the new rules make the wizz fizz cup a little more exciting....

Buckleys goal deserved 12 points not nine

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
paulie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:08 am

Ilike the 9 point goal reckon it is a reward for the players who are skillfull eniough to kick over 50.Don't like the restrt straight from a point rule player's would be knackered by round 16.Three pointer is too confusing open to interpatation too much.Love the two goal umpires might have been bloody handy last time we played the Bears.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: