Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Closed GD topic?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:22 am
Post subject: Closed GD topic?Reply with quote

Well, logic dictates that most people are not interested in Cricket, but are interested in the Warne story.
The Warne dabacle belongs in GD as it is a huge SPORT story. If you wish to restrict GD to football only, then start closing threads now, horse racing, cost of living etc.
Sometimes this place is so much like FTO that it's scary!

-Craig

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

No Craig. It is a cricket story and as such belongs in the forum catering exclusively for cricket. There is not a separate forum for every sport, but cricket is one in which a fair amount of interest is shown hence a separate board was established and should be used.

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:35 am

Seems this only became a problem when we had a mods shift change. Consistancy? Or does your C.O.I. overide everything else?
I for one shall continue to post whatever I feel relevant for others to know. That includes cricket, and I hope to continue to read Ed's excellent match reports without having to go to another board.
Delete or close or shift, just more work for you guys.

-Craig

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:39 am

Craig, it has nothing to do with a mods shift change. We are all merely trying to tidy up the boards and if separate forums have been established, then they should be used appropriately. How difficult is it to post in the correct forum?

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:43 am

Very, if the story trancends the sport itself.
This story involved the Olympics drug chief even. So if I wanted to post his statement, where would I post it?
Again, this sthread was not a problem for one whole week. So you close this, threaten Ed and say it's for the good of the board?
Hmmmmmmmmm..............

-Craig

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:54 am

One whole week? Don't think so!

And where is the threat to Ed? It was merely requested that he post his excellent match reports in the forum established for them. I realise that the forum is not read very widely, so it is up to us to try and retrain people to read the various forums, or maybe we should reassess and close some of the excess forums...these decisions I guess will be made in time.

Craig, could you please PM or email the mods with any future grievances. Please do not make this task of moderation any more difficult - you, yourself, are well aware of the problems we face and so should be more mindful of that, I would have thought.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:07 pm

You're right. I screwed up on the week thing.
Now about the right to post the Warne saga in GD.
First up, how about this posted 11th Feb; http://www.magpies.net/nick/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006318.html

No warning that it belonged in the Cricket forum, in fact, stony silence, what's changed? One thing only, Kristin, please don't take this personally, but you are a full-time moderator of the Cricket forum and I believe you have used your part-time power as a GD moderator to help keep the "numbers" up in the other forum.
Now, as I was asked by 2 PIES IN CAIRNS, in the closed thread, to justify why I believe that the Warne saga belongs in GD, I'll explain myself. Taking an opportunity denied me by the closing of the thread.
Now, when I arrive home from work and switch on the TV, do I expect to see the Warne saga in the sport section? No, I expect to see it exactly where I have for the past 4 days, up front.
When I tune my radio in, do I expect the hourly updates to not include any news of the Warne saga until they get to sport? No I don't.
When I buy my newspaper(s) do I expect to have to turn to the back page, or find the dedicated sport lift-out to read about the hottest aussie story this year? No I don't.
When I sit down at the computer and click on GD (which I'm sure 95%+ of visitors do first) do I expect to see comments on the hottest aussie sport story this year? Yes. I do.
The simple fact is, this story transends all restrictions and belongs where the majority of readers come.
As for e-mailing or pming the mods, well, I'm still awaiting a reply from bbmod1 about an IM a week ago. Maybe I don't have the patience to wait while the wheels turn, but you know that from my time with the team.
And of course, a courtesy e-mail explaining your actions instead of;
" Yep, this thread belongs on the Cricket board."
?

This will be my last post on this subject, it has become tiresome.

-Craig

*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:19 pm

I agree that it needs to be in the Cricket forum seeing as it is a cricket story. There is no need to put it in GD becoz thats for footy!!! Mike made the cricket forum espicially for cricket so why not use it!! and also sum people arnt interested in cricket, thats why they r in GD, coz its a Football forum..Nicks caters for everyone..so I reckon leave it where it is!
Luv Rach!!xoxox

*OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE AND THATS WOT ITS ALL ABOUT*

RyAn LoNiE Is SoOoOoOo HoT! I wAnNa mArRy HiM!
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:27 pm

Craig I think your being very pedantic. Where newspapers choose to place their articles is irelevant to this board.

If I posted about the football in the cricket forum I'd expect it to be moved.

The Warne topic clearly belongs in the cricket forum.

Fradam Wrote This
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:42 pm

Graig where you think a post should go has got nothing to do with it, who has appointed you as the watchdog for the BB?? seems like every issue that comes up your telling the mods what they should be doing, and yes I agree it has become tiresome

MagpieMad
http://magpiemad.magpies.net/
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:47 pm

FFS GROW UP!

This is a bulletin board ... get over it!

Shane Warne plays cricket, not Aussie rules - the post belongs in cricket.

If you are that passionate about Shane Warne - post on a cricket board. At least it is there - so pfft post the cricket stuff over there and be done with it.

Simple.

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
BRING BACK NED!
Paul Keating on John Howard -
"He is the greatest job and investment destroyer since the bubonic plague."
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:51 pm

well i gotta agree with craig here. i can't be bothered switching forums, a big story no matter whether its sport or saddam should be in GD. If no-one is interested in a subject it dies, like natural selection. A bulletin board is meant to generate discussion amongst like minded people. Having many different forums for different things is fine for the diehards, but those who like a quick fix do not change forums. Just my humble opinion - keep the big news in the mainstream, don't hide it somewhere else. People are lazy and will miss out on what can be some very lively insightful stuff.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:07 pm

Thats fair enough Cam.

But there are so many news sites/bulletin boards out there - if you are wanting breaking important news. BigFooty is an example of a board with lots of general boards and news discussions that could satisfy all the 'general' posting needs.
http://www.news.com.au/

They had the story break and had their pages update approx. 30 seconds after the main ACB man had walked out of the 1 minute press conference.

I don't want to speak for the mods or Mike or anything but I don't feel that it is the responsibility of Nicks to be keeping everyone updated on everything. Where do you draw the line?

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
BRING BACK NED!
Paul Keating on John Howard -
"He is the greatest job and investment destroyer since the bubonic plague."
Bones 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:01 pm

I'm with Craig too (gewd help me)

I have no intentions of going to the cricket forum. But i was interested in reading about Warne's major stuff up.

Besides all that, does not the heading say "General Discussion"

There is no harm in having a major sports story amongst the footy stuff, hell there is a lot of trivial crap that is allowed to pass by.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:50 pm

Cam,
Are you serious? You who obviously puts lots of time, effort and research into some of your posts can't scroll down and click the mouse twice to read about Warne?

Bones,
Whoever gewd is, I hope he does help you m8. General Discussion is 'for topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums'. We don't have a trivial crap forum but we DO have a cricket forum.

Rach,
Well said. In a nutshell!

Donny.

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN !!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: