Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Match report... we won

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:35 pm
Post subject: Match report... we wonReply with quote

Ahhh,footys back and it feels good.
the editor of the from the armchair weekly has given me free rein to write lots of words so grab a stubby,this could take a while,after all we flogged the bloos,its gotta be worth 1000 words at least..
Channel 10 decided to show it live in WA eventually after advertising it as on at 1135pm,i bet they got lots of bad mail from the WA pies.

so the game is on.
Channel 10 decide to make it a lets all save carlscum day and flog memberships for the scumbags.
on the bench for the first bounce are Roop,Burns,Fraser,Lonie,Rocca,MCG.
And the ROOF is OPEN..

Blues get first free,first mark and first score 1pt.
Bucks gets unloaded while attempting a 9pter,scrappy game to start with,kinnear is rucking and gets a couple of frees from throw ins Molly gets it and passes to Tarks who spots McKee in the square and old dead eye kicks it stunningly straight for the seasons first pie goal.
Molly then gets a free against him for letting a blue player hold him off the ball,it had everyone confused,maybe the umps are caught up in this bloos membership drive too.??
anyway then Molly marks 55 out and shows the benefit of old scottys coaching and slams thru the pies first ever 9 pter.
McKee taps the centre bounce to Obree who passes off to Daks who does a couple of sideway evasions and slams thru the pies second ever 9pter.
McKee has a system it seems where he jumps 4 inches and then marks the bounce down while flatfooted and handballs it off and this time its kinnear who gets the pass gives it to tarks who spots Taz who goals.
This had to stop and the bloos get a free at the next bounce and imcampreally kicks the bloos 1st goal.
Molly is in everything early on and wins a ruck tap gets it to leon who is given a free and goals.
Woey gets caught holding it and bloos goal from a snap,but to finish the first qtr of 2003 Didak put in his early nomination for goal of the year.
sidesteps 3 players and staedies,gets pulled off the kick then beats 4 bloos to the ball and snaps it right foted over the shoulder if you dont mind.
qtr time its 43-15.the good guys in front.
It hurst me to say so but the bloos didnt leave anything in the shed,every kick we got we earned.
pagan has already instilled some guts into the rabble.
2nd qtr
McKee gets the tap to bucks who gives off to leaon PT.
Then leon lays a perfect hip and shoulder that would make leigh matthews proud and is pinged for a head high tackle.
Ive watched scumps ruin 7 games already this week so what made me think this lot of blind orangettes would be different? they werent.
Shaw then has a long shot and misses and Taz does likewise.
2 bad misses,but we make amends with didak sharking the kick in and he goals.
Somehow the bloos get 4 loose men in our backline and get an easy goal while all our backmen looked on.
Rocca gets a free in the guts passes to Taz who kicks another point.
Didak then decided he would show off all day and starts getting caught a few times when he should be passing it off.he must not get too big for his boots.level heads win games.Kinnear has been presentig well on the wing and is getting a bit of it.Daks gets caught again trying to do too much.
At this point i made a note that with 3 players with no right foot on the fwd line we may get in strife a bit.
But as blos go fwd Bucks clears gives to presti who passes to taz then to Burns and a goal results.
The next 2 minutes went like this
Bloos shark mckees throw in tap and goal
Bloos shark mckees centre bounce tap and goal
Bloos shark mckees tap and Pt.
We clear it and molly is shoved fair in the back and ridden 10 mtrs into the ground,play on!!!
somehow daks grabs it on the boundary and does a daicos dribble thru the hi diddle diddle with his second nomination for goal of the year.
12 and a half seconds later(i timed it) woey passes to Burns and he goals.
Obree is in the middle now and he is making a difference as williams goes bang looking for 9 pts but has to settle for 1.
Cloke goes the german and whacks it 60 mtrs,siren goes to end the first half.
72-35...we lead.

3rd qtr.
taz starts the qtr getting pinged for holding the ball when trying to get on his rt foot and Bloos go fwd and goal.
then a passage of play where i counted 5 times that a bloos player was caught holding the ball...none of them paid.. and then get a snap goal somehow..
not long later osh goals after a burnsy handball.
bucks then has a go at this 9pt business but only gets a 1.
josh and barnaby have a bit of a rassle and i can read lips.
barnaby said.. have a go you (I'm a dinosaur)..
josh didnt.
the next 6 minutes josh is in the ruck and the bloos claer it every bounce and kick 4 goals,2 of them to fervola.
Ant thankfully goes into the ruck and a bit of sanity resumes,,burnsy kicks a pt and so does josh from a free.
But its trademark time.
Lonie on the run,you know how it goes 9 pts result too.
Woey passes off to Tarks and he goals.
Right on the siren hickmont is paid a mark dead in front that the 3rd umpire would have disallowed and bloos goal on the siren. 96-73
bloos are a lot closer than i would like.

It has looked to me like most of our players have been in cruise mode,and the bloos have had a red hot dip.
hopefully class will prevail.

final qtr.
Ant starts in the ruck we go fwd,josh marks on a 90 deg angle and bananas a pt.
Bloos go straight down their end and goal.
then kouta sharks the ruck and imcampreally goals again.
bugger me its 12 points the diff.Ok boys take the brakes off please,i cant stand this bulldust.
leon is listening and he goes on a run slams it thru but touched on the line 3pts?
I dont know what else the bloos bloke could have done but who cares we take the 3( but this rule is dumb too).
woey then snaps a goal followed shortly by williams who does the same.
tarks is on fire now,he has cleared from the last 4 bounces,the 4th one is a handball to bucks who kicks a 9er on the run from 60.
taz marks gives off to cheesy who misses.
Ant then marks in the middle ,passes to tarks who passs to josh who passes back to tarks and its another pie major on the board.Im breathing a bit easier now.
Bucks passes to tarks who misses everything,MCG sharks the pack and does a left foot banana,and of course it goes OOF.
daks has been on the bench most of 2nd half and has come back on for the ending of this story.Molly passes to him but he kicks a pt
then bloos get a goal from fervola.
daks then gets on a pass from bucks and slams home his 5th of the day.
taz marks and fishes off his day with a goal,but his kicking has been very bad mostly,and he need to lift that part of his game real soon.
MCG finishes off the game with aplay on goal when josh got a free.
final scores
pies 4...16...1...13=148
bloos 0...14...0...8=92

bottom line we won
best Bucks,burns,tarks,daks,molly.
bring on the dawks!!!!

Tony the magpie 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comprehensive report Ed. Being in Canberra, we don't get to see the replay until 11:55 pm, but now I'm gonna stay up until 2am to see it thru.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:43 pm

Good report Ed - yeah Didak had a great start and end of teh game, Fraser has bulked up alot but ruck work wasn't the best feature of our game. I would also say that Woey did a lot of good things in teh middle, and at one stage we had woey and bucks both in teh middle, it was awesome. MM changed it up and the resultant loss of forawrd drive was noticable.

The boys did look a bit off I though, a bit slow, not quite sharp, but the skills are about where they should be for this stage of teh year IMO, and oh so much more classy than the blue baggers.

well done boys

- Ben

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:44 pm

Not wanting to be picky Ed, but wouldn't your match report be best suited in the Match Review forum? You could do what I do re the Williamstown reports and post a notice here in General Discussion pointing members to your match reports.

Great report BTW.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:10 pm

Happy and Suprised!!

I was suprised how fit we were after only about 2 months of training and only 1 practice match.

In the last Quater with the way the Gooners were playing i thought they were going to get over us but our fitness and class shon through.

I really liked the look of Williams, very fit and mobile and will be a good replacement for that Judus scum davis!

Collingwood and Tottenham, what a great combination!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:14 pm

alot of positives to draw from that.

Both Williams and Woewodin looked pretty good, Molloy and O'Bree especially finding form, Didak sensational (how was that goal with seconds to go in the first???), and Bucks also looking better than last season. Kinnear and Shaw were surprisingly both servicable but Lokan was very ordinary.

All in all without getting carried away it was fairly good win, whenever we put our feet on the accelerator we won comprehensively, but the Hawks will be a much better gauge of where we are at next week.

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:26 pm

i reckon we played well in spurts but i reckon if we played the full game at 100% we would have won by heaps also the scum will be in for a very long year suffeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to pagan u money hungry little man

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:38 am

I tuned in for the Harry Potter Cup, not the "Poor Old Carlton Charity Shield".

I know the bastards need some assistance during this "character building" phase, but fair dinkum:

• 2 ex-Carlton players on the commentary team
  • No mention of Collingwood for about the first 20 mins
  • Pagan's speech live, with no reference to Collingwood's warm up
  • 2 of the softest free kicks to the scum in the first 60 seconds, and a continuing array of frankly bemusing and inconsistent decisions all night.
  • More live crosses to the bloos membership drive tally room than replays of Did's magnificent goals
  • Only a belated reference to the Collingwood membership line phone number after showing theirs at least half a dozen times

But then, after all of that, we won without ever really raising a sweat. :-D

"I am disrespectful to scum! Can you see I am serious!"
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:04 am

Great Report Ed.

Any game that we win is a good game. Started off well in the first half, took it easy in the 3rd, a little dissapointed with the backline let them get a couple far too easy. But came back well in the last like a good side should. If Didak can keep it together, he is gonna be a star, great to see him get a lot of game time. Didn't recognise Pebbles to start with, seems to have dropped quite a bit of weight. Must say was impressed by Rhyce Shaw, put in well and disposal was quite good finding a target on almost all occasions. Earnt himself another game for mine. Tarrant was off target but presented reasonably well. Had he have kicked straight would have been a "earnt your pay" effort.

Considering the late start to the season, and the hot/humid weather, the team ran very well. Loved the quick turnaround after a behind, would really benefit a fast hard running team like ours.

Go Pies!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:17 am

Great summary there Ed. Just a note to let you guys know that match reports can be posted in the Match foum. The url is below.
http://www.magpies.net/nick/ubb-cgi/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Match&number=4&DaysPrune=60&LastLogin=

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:39 am

I also post it on hotrods board.
so if you want it put elsewhere ill just leave it on hottys and you can go there and read them.suit yourselves.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:02 am

Ed,

I hope I didn't upset you mate. The Match Forum is there for a purpose, why not use it? I know you may be thinking that no one will read it but if people know it is in the Match Forum then the people that want to read it will.

I hope you keep posting it in here Ed.

JDF

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 24 February 2003).]
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:30 am

Seems like there has been a new edict, or is it just the change of shift?

-Craig

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:16 am

Craig,

There is a match report forum, why not use it? Simple question, now answer it.

JDF

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 24 February 2003).]
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:34 am

I went thru this crap last year.
i posted them in match report and only a few were reading them,as most didnt look there.
I myself never look in any of the forums either.
So last year in about after round 8 i think i just put them in here.

like i say who cares where they go,its only one post a week.

some people are happy making problems when there isnt a problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: