Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cost of Living Comparison

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

People talk about there being problems with Adelaide water but there is something ghastly going on in Sydney it seems too!

Whats up with your UBD is that it is Un Believably Dumb.

I'm sorry but Melways have more colour, better regional based maps and at least have clear and concise symbols for various things such as phone boxes, post boxes and police stations.
Melways also clearly include tram routes, bus routes and train lines on the maps so that a variety of transport options can be explored whether you live in Melbourne or are just visiting.

PFFT TO UBD!!! They should be thrown into Botany Bay!

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
BRING BACK NED!
"This is a man's world
But it would be nothing
Without a woman or a girl"
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:44 am

At least Peter has heard of a dictionary. The next step in the learning process would be to read it and correct some of the spelling mistakes.

Its great that you are so loyal to Sydney. But why live in denial?

jlc

Symonds picked on potential for the fifth year running ;)

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:53 am

So Peter, what's a UBD cost in Sydney?
What was this topic about again?

Go Pies!
THE POSSUM PIES 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:28 am

GEE GUYS, stirred up some interest with this one, I am glad we all agree on one thing,THE MIGHTY MAGPIES!!!
Sydney has a higher Standard Of Living than anywhere else-FACT.I live in Sydney but love to VISIT Melbourne, for Collingwood reasons.
Wasn't the whole idea of concessions for interstate clubs developed to stop the dominance of Melbourne based teams, and make the game truely an Australia Football League. This would generate interest and put a stop to Rugby League and Union, and soccer cashing in on juniors,etc.
I think the whole idea of comparisons is a smoke screen probably developed by someone who obviously isn't smart enough to follow the MAGPIES!!!

Bones 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:40 pm

LRP $1.03c
UNLEADED 99.9c

Oh the joy of living in a little chit hole.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:17 am

How do you know Sydney has a higher standard of living thatn Melbourne ? Is that merely your opinion or you read that somewhere ?

jlc

Symonds picked on potential for the fifth year running ;)

Skill is successfully walking a tightrope over Niagara Falls. Intelligence is not trying.

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Trippy Pie Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:50 am

PeterWH,
As a person who run sreaming away from Sydneys west, I fail to see how anybody could say it has a decent standard of living.

You can not go out to the local shops aftetr dark for fear of being attacked. Remember the guy who was shot at the LIVERPOOL cinemas?
If you do get back home safely, you are lucky not to have had your house broken into.
Local schools are racial battle grounds for ethnic tension to erupt on a regular basis. Violence and worse seems to be everywhere, you even said you would punch some one in the mouth because they did not agree with you.
Need I go on Peterwh?
Both cities have their pluses and minuses, but if we want to start talking about how much our house cost and what we have in them, please do not start something you can only lose, as you WILL find some who WILL have a little more than you.
Is the reason you have a saltwater pool because the beaches are too far away for a westie?
Last question.
What does UBD stand for? Is it Useless Bloody Directory?
In general just get over it, you chose to live in one of the worst metropolitan areas of Australia, not us. So please stop projecting your own problems onto the rest of the country!

p.s I moved to Glebe, costs a bit more than $285.000 to buy there I think, don't you?

COLLINGWOOD RULES no one else matters!!!!!!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:14 am

As far as them using the cost of living as an excuse for extra allowance is *ullshit. These players have financial advisers, they are set to claim most of their living expenses as a tax right off. Any expense that the club has to pay for is claimed by them when they do their tax assesment. The more you pay in expenses the more you claim. Just ask our politicians who live in Melbourne and go to wok in Canberra, no difference. Work is work and as a footballer your still entitled to claim expenses.

BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:05 am

Kalgoorlie costs of living:
Unleaded Fuel: 107 cents p/l.
Bread (650g)/Milk (2L-4% fat): $2.50/ $3.60
Lunch Sandwich and drink: $10
Hay Street starting stalls: $150 per hour (so I've been told)
Median price for 4 bedroom Brick/tile home less than 10 years old: $220K
Median price for fibro house over 50 years old: 90-100K
Flight to Perth return: $338
Flight to Melbourne return: $670
Airport tax:$32 Each way!!! (What a rip off)

I think Cairns sounds like the place to be. Forget Melbourne or Sydney, I'm with 2Pic.

BJ

BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:05 am

Please delete... Posted it twice

BJ

[This message has been edited by BJ (edited 16 February 2003).]
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:51 am

Hey Trippy Pie,Who pulled your chai.Christ that bloke wsas hot 5 years ago,racial tension is happening ALL over Australia,not just in Liverpool.....we get told here in Sydney,that Preston,Heildleburgh,Franston,Foitscray,Laverton,Geelong,Broadmeadon....all got racial tension,so dont try that one it dont work.We own a pool because we are 45 minutes from Woollongong,1 hour from Cronulla and 2 hours from the northern beaches....any other critisms....also the fact that I AM UNABLE to travel far because of my disability.....I am DISABLED...so suck on that MORON!!!!
Glebe....My god a SNAG/YUPPY.
Hey pal I once owned a home in Erskineville.....a sigle fronted home 18' wide,I paid $15,000 for it in 1969 and sold is for $225,000 20 years ago,BUT for the money at 18' wide.....check out my place now 40' wide 176' deep and the land is 763M2.
Come and buy that for $280,000.Any way Glebe is so close to each other you have to say bless you when the neighbour sneezes or 'clear the area' when the neighbour FARTS!!!!!!

Get a life will you.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002.
We missed 2002 but theres always 2003
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:52 am

Hey Trippy Pie,Who pulled your chai.Christ that bloke wsas hot 5 years ago,racial tension is happening ALL over Australia,not just in Liverpool.....we get told here in Sydney,that Preston,Heildleburgh,Franston,Foitscray,Laverton,Geelong,Broadmeadon....all got racial tension,so dont try that one it dont work.We own a pool because we are 45 minutes from Woollongong,1 hour from Cronulla and 2 hours from the northern beaches....any other critisms....also the fact that I AM UNABLE to travel far because of my disability.....I am DISABLED...so suck on that MORON!!!!
Glebe....My god a SNAG/YUPPY.
Hey pal I once owned a home in Erskineville.....a sigle fronted home 18' wide,I paid $15,000 for it in 1969 and sold is for $225,000 20 years ago,BUT for the money at 18' wide.....check out my place now 40' wide 176' deep and the land is 763M2.
Come and buy that for $280,000.Any way Glebe is so close to each other you have to say bless you when the neighbour sneezes or 'clear the area' when the neighbour FARTS!!!!!!

Get a life will you.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:57 am

Forgot to mention Trippy Pie,you give Sydney a bad name.....gee have you looked around Moorabbin at all the last time I lived in that area was in Mentone in 1968,and that place was the PITS then....the only thing that it had gong for it was the footy ground and the Highway....I guess that it has improved slighly since then.
No go away and get your facts right before putting both of your feet in your moth without changing gears.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:58 am

Forgot to mention Trippy Pie,you give Sydney a bad name.....gee have you looked around Moorabbin at all the last time I lived in that area was in Mentone in 1968,and that place was the PITS then....the only thing that it had gong for it was the footy ground and the Highway....I guess that it has improved slighly since then.
No go away and get your facts right and stop making a fool of yourself

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:10 am

PeterHW, thanx for turning what was a effort to find out the genuine cost of living in "ALL" capital cities into a pissing contest between sydney and melbourne. we are none the wiser to the cost of living in any of the cities, allthough it has flushed out a few d**kheads.
AnthonyC nice try, I was hoping this thread would be usfull but unfortunatly it got hi-jacked, maybe next time start 2 threads one called "DH's pissing contest" and one called "Cost of Living Comparison"

MagpieMad
http://magpiemad.magpies.net/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: