Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anyone see police and disabled couple at Jolimont station?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

HAL wrote:
When were they?

About 15 years ago I think.

When I was that age the cops had no guns or tasers and you listened to what they said.

Mr Ball caught me drunk when I was 16, gave me a kick up the arse and told me he was going to ring my parents in 15 minutes to make sure I was home. I made it, he never rang & I got another kick up the arse!

Thankyou Mr Ball

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:15 am

Peter Griffin wrote:
Who are you talking to exactly? And I doubt police will refuse to come to a serious car accident because the victim posted on a little website that they didn't like cops.

I don't like taxes either and I still have to deal with those every month.

no Pete thats not what i mean.

What i mean is, whether you like it or not the police are necessary, im sure there are bad ones, but ridiculous talk against them is just plain stupid, you want martial law instead?

for me its just a respect thing, i just cant say things against the police like some of the comments here, even in jest.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:18 am

Skids wrote:
HAL wrote:
When were they?

About 15 years ago I think.

When I was that age the cops had no guns or tasers and you listened to what they said.

Mr Ball caught me drunk when I was 16, gave me a kick up the arse and told me he was going to ring my parents in 15 minutes to make sure I was home. I made it, he never rang & I got another kick up the arse!

Thankyou Mr Ball

and if only the world was still that way...

when cops could do this without fear of recriminations...

when parents all gave a damn where their kids were....

that cop did you a favour - i had one do me a favour when i was 16 too, getting dinked on a mini bike going the wrong way down the main street!!

i still remember shaking all the way home, and i still remember the look on my dads face!!!!

boy did i shit bricks!!

but im alive to tell the tale!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:19 am

Black_White wrote:
think positive wrote:
anne was taslking about station officers, they are not police officers

big difference

I reread the opening post and it is clear that she said Police Officer.

Quote:
The police had the man in an arm lock with his arms pressed behind his back and his wife started screaming at them to let him go. Then a woman officer restrained her and she went berserk

your right, i misread, i apologize

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:00 am

OEP wrote:
David wrote:
OEP wrote:
Some people need to grow up and realise what exactly the Police are employed to do. Some will be shocked to know it's not to bow and scrap to your every whim or to wipe the dribble from your chin when you start sprouting some of the B/S that has been posted on this thread.

Nick - Pie Man your obviously the poster boy for both the society of sh!t stirrers and moronic comments. Put your head in a bucket and take a deep breath.

Peter Griffin - I'll apologise on the behalf of the officer who aggrieved you so. I apologise for not making sure you had paid your car rego before you got in your car. I apologise for not making sure I had either phillips head or flat head screwdriver on me when I arrived at work so I could remove your number plate. I also apologise for not washing and polishing your car after removing the number plate to ensure your feeling weren't hurt after fulfilling my duties as a Police Officer, and for that matter not kissing your arse because you haven't had your daily dose of cement and water.

Peter you demand respect from the Police yet aren't willing to give any in return. What does that make you.......hmmmm let me think........oh, that's right it makes you a hypocrite.

Police aren't employed to make friends, their employed to uphold the law and that generally entails making people do things they don't want to do, or more correctly stopping them from doing things their not meant to be doing.

If you think you could do a better job or you believe they should be doing a better job then join and change the system from the inside. At worst you'll gain a for more realistic view of what Policing is actually about.

So, basically, you justify the actions of officers who act like dickheads?

The police force is employed to serve society, not enjoy little power trips because they wear a uniform.

Who says they were acting like dickheads, and what knowledge of police work allows them to come to that conclusion. Your basing your opinion that they were in the wrong on the say so of someone who firstly didn't see the entire incident and secondly doesn't have any knowledge of policing.

In most cases your fairly level headed in your conclusions of a situation, why not in this case?

Because, unfortunately, regardless of what transpired in the case PG referred to (which neither of us actually know the details of), it is not unheard of for some police in certain situations to overstep their responsibilities and act like bullies. Your post, however, not only refuses to acknowledge this, it gives said officers a comprehensive free pass.

If the incident occurred to PG's friend as stated, then it seems to me that the police officer acted aggressively and improperly. I fear that the justification offered by you reflects attitudes in the force to such things.

partypie 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:48 pm

some local kids here are having to go to court for vandalism - writing on a pub wall in chalk
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:59 pm

partypie wrote:
some local kids here are having to go to court for vandalism - writing on a pub wall in chalk

Chalk???

That's just plain stupid, make 'em clean it off, sorted.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:45 pm

David wrote:
OEP wrote:
David wrote:
OEP wrote:
Some people need to grow up and realise what exactly the Police are employed to do. Some will be shocked to know it's not to bow and scrap to your every whim or to wipe the dribble from your chin when you start sprouting some of the B/S that has been posted on this thread.

Nick - Pie Man your obviously the poster boy for both the society of sh!t stirrers and moronic comments. Put your head in a bucket and take a deep breath.

Peter Griffin - I'll apologise on the behalf of the officer who aggrieved you so. I apologise for not making sure you had paid your car rego before you got in your car. I apologise for not making sure I had either phillips head or flat head screwdriver on me when I arrived at work so I could remove your number plate. I also apologise for not washing and polishing your car after removing the number plate to ensure your feeling weren't hurt after fulfilling my duties as a Police Officer, and for that matter not kissing your arse because you haven't had your daily dose of cement and water.

Peter you demand respect from the Police yet aren't willing to give any in return. What does that make you.......hmmmm let me think........oh, that's right it makes you a hypocrite.

Police aren't employed to make friends, their employed to uphold the law and that generally entails making people do things they don't want to do, or more correctly stopping them from doing things their not meant to be doing.

If you think you could do a better job or you believe they should be doing a better job then join and change the system from the inside. At worst you'll gain a for more realistic view of what Policing is actually about.

So, basically, you justify the actions of officers who act like dickheads?

The police force is employed to serve society, not enjoy little power trips because they wear a uniform.

Who says they were acting like dickheads, and what knowledge of police work allows them to come to that conclusion. Your basing your opinion that they were in the wrong on the say so of someone who firstly didn't see the entire incident and secondly doesn't have any knowledge of policing.

In most cases your fairly level headed in your conclusions of a situation, why not in this case?

Because, unfortunately, regardless of what transpired in the case PG referred to (which neither of us actually know the details of), it is not unheard of for some police in certain situations to overstep their responsibilities and act like bullies. Your post, however, not only refuses to acknowledge this, it gives said officers a comprehensive free pass.

If the incident occurred to PG's friend as stated, then it seems to me that the police officer acted aggressively and improperly. I fear that the justification offered by you reflects attitudes in the force to such things.

What a load of contrived rubbish. You state I refuse to buy into your suspicions of wrong doing on the part of the Police yet you give no thought to the fact the officers concerned may very well have been acting in a completely reasonable manner. The simple fact "it doesn't look good" to a member or members of the public doesn't automatically make the act aggressive or improper, and if I may point out when an officer makes the decision to restrain a person the act itself is inherently aggressive, and sometime violent, that a simple and unavoidable fact.

Your right I don't know the full details of what transpired to make the officers decide to restrain these people, and neither does the creator of this thread. She already stated in the beginning she only saw the restraint and what happened after that, not before. So why do you automatically believe the officers were in the wrong?

I choose to believe the officers acted in a professional and lawful manner, you choose not to, neither of us have the full facts so I guess we have a different perception of Police and their function within society.

Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:24 pm

OEP wrote:

You're excused for mistaking my rego as someone elses and confusing the fact that it wasn't that it was not paid, the rego transfer had not yet taken effect. And it's ok that you didn't bring a screwdriver to unscrew my number plate because it wasn't you and it wasn't me. I would expect a plumber to have tools of the trade. I would expect a carpenter to have tools of the trade and I would expect that if removing number plates is part of an officers job, he will have the correct tools of the trade instead of causing damage to a vehicle. But thanks for the apology. I'll make sure I pass on your apology on behalf of the police to show that you admit fault in this matter.

"Peter you demand respect from the Police yet aren't willing to give any in return." That's what I said. They expect respect but don't give any. Do you read? That makes me hmmm that's right, the person who already said that respect is a two way street. Please try again.

Last edited by Peter Griffin on Mon May 23, 2011 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:28 pm

OEP wrote:
Your basing your opinion that they were in the wrong on the say so of someone who firstly didn't see the entire incident and secondly doesn't have any knowledge of policing.

I didn't realise you were there. My sincere apologies! Funny that the office of police integrity encouraged the complaint. But what would I know about police? I'm just a disrespectful idiot! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: