Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anyone see police and disabled couple at Jolimont station?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are you talking to exactly? And I doubt police will refuse to come to a serious car accident because the victim posted on a little website that they didn't like cops.

I don't like taxes either and I still have to deal with those every month.

Last edited by Peter Griffin on Wed May 18, 2011 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Peter Griffin wrote:
Does anyone actually know what the law is concerning police causing damage to property? Would you just report it to their superior or...? Surely unneccesarily behaving like a barbarian is not acceptable to Victoria Police. I mean, it's not acceptable for civilians to behave that way, according to the police.

I'm sure you could get them in a civil court

Quote:
As for the blowing up of Police stations, this type of criminal is very destructive and divisive in a community and should not be accepted under any circumstance.

I don't condone it!!!

I just think it would be a good idea!!
Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
Peter Griffin wrote:
Does anyone actually know what the law is concerning police causing damage to property? Would you just report it to their superior or...? Surely unneccesarily behaving like a barbarian is not acceptable to Victoria Police. I mean, it's not acceptable for civilians to behave that way, according to the police.

Yeah just emailed them and they told me to have him go into the station the officer was from and speak to a sergeant or senior sergeant and if the result is unsatisfactory to go directly back to the police conduct unit for further review of the case. So much for lol I guess.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:00 pm

Peter Griffin wrote:
Nick - Pie Man wrote:
Peter Griffin wrote:

Yeah just emailed them and they told me to have him go into the station the officer was from and speak to a sergeant or senior sergeant and if the result is unsatisfactory to go directly back to the police conduct unit for further review of the case. So much for lol I guess.

OR - don't drive around in unregistered cars. Simple really. Rolling Eyes
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
I don't condone it!!!

I just think it would be a good idea!!

Not enough love in this thread for this post.

Laughing

#SIDEBYSIDE
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:39 pm

luvdids wrote:

Yes, yes simple really.
But if and when you transgress the law you would hope that the officers involved treat you with respect.
Simple mistakes do happen. And the police are charged with enforcing the law, not judging how or why the law has been broken.
In this case it is clear that the officer overstepped his/her authority. The badge does not give anyone the right to intentionally cause damage.
For this, the officer involved needs a little retraining.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Would that be like jurors should treat defendants with respect, and listen to evidence to see whether there are any extenuating circumstances (or mistakes made) before assuming guilt? Razz
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Black_White wrote:
luvdids wrote:

Yes, yes simple really.
But if and when you transgress the law you would hope that the officers involved treat you with respect.
Simple mistakes do happen. And the police are charged with enforcing the law, not judging how or why the law has been broken.
In this case it is clear that the officer overstepped his/her authority. The badge does not give anyone the right to intentionally cause damage.
For this, the officer involved needs a little retraining.

As an example of that, a couple of years ago I forgot what date my rego was due and hadn't paid it before the due date. I got pulled over on the way to work by one of those fancy contraptions that takes photos of the plate and the Police knew instantly that my car was unregistered.

The Cop 100 metres up the road from the contraption jumped out in front of me and flagged me down.

I explained the situation and that I thought I had 30 days after the expiry to settle it. He explained that they no longer did that because once the rego was expired I was no longer covered by the TAC.
He asked where I was going, and I told him to work. I told him I would pay the rego as soon as I got home that night.

He issued me a fine for driving an unregistered vehicle, and let me drive off. Even though he probably shouldn't have.

I was pissed off at the fine, but more pissed off at myself for not paying before the due date.

No issues with the Constables behaviour, I was polite and couteous with him and he responded in kind. He explained his actions, I couldn't argue with him because I was in the wrong but, and the important but here is, he didn't act like a hairy chested idiot and try to rip my plates off, nor did he make me leave my car behind and find another way to work. He made a judgement call and, after issuing me with a fine, let me drive off.

I drove to work, then to another site for a meeting, then home and paid the rego.

My experiences with the Police overall have been positive far more often than they've been negative. Shit of a job they do. I've had run ins with some arseholes in uniform, but they were much in the minority.

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Jolly Good wrote:
Would that be like jurors should treat defendants with respect, and listen to evidence to see whether there are any extenuating circumstances (or mistakes made) before assuming guilt? Razz

At $39 a day?
No.
And it's up to the judge to decide "extenuating circumstances", not the jury.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Some people need to grow up and realise what exactly the Police are employed to do. Some will be shocked to know it's not to bow and scrap to your every whim or to wipe the dribble from your chin when you start sprouting some of the B/S that has been posted on this thread.

Nick - Pie Man your obviously the poster boy for both the society of sh!t stirrers and moronic comments. Put your head in a bucket and take a deep breath.

Peter Griffin - I'll apologise on the behalf of the officer who aggrieved you so. I apologise for not making sure you had paid your car rego before you got in your car. I apologise for not making sure I had either phillips head or flat head screwdriver on me when I arrived at work so I could remove your number plate. I also apologise for not washing and polishing your car after removing the number plate to ensure your feeling weren't hurt after fulfilling my duties as a Police Officer, and for that matter not kissing your arse because you haven't had your daily dose of cement and water.

Peter you demand respect from the Police yet aren't willing to give any in return. What does that make you.......hmmmm let me think........oh, that's right it makes you a hypocrite.

Police aren't employed to make friends, their employed to uphold the law and that generally entails making people do things they don't want to do, or more correctly stopping them from doing things their not meant to be doing.

If you think you could do a better job or you believe they should be doing a better job then join and change the system from the inside. At worst you'll gain a for more realistic view of what Policing is actually about.

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:23 am

See? No respect whatsoever.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:47 pm

OEP wrote:
Some people need to grow up and realise what exactly the Police are employed to do. Some will be shocked to know it's not to bow and scrap to your every whim or to wipe the dribble from your chin when you start sprouting some of the B/S that has been posted on this thread.

Nick - Pie Man your obviously the poster boy for both the society of sh!t stirrers and moronic comments. Put your head in a bucket and take a deep breath.

Peter Griffin - I'll apologise on the behalf of the officer who aggrieved you so. I apologise for not making sure you had paid your car rego before you got in your car. I apologise for not making sure I had either phillips head or flat head screwdriver on me when I arrived at work so I could remove your number plate. I also apologise for not washing and polishing your car after removing the number plate to ensure your feeling weren't hurt after fulfilling my duties as a Police Officer, and for that matter not kissing your arse because you haven't had your daily dose of cement and water.

Peter you demand respect from the Police yet aren't willing to give any in return. What does that make you.......hmmmm let me think........oh, that's right it makes you a hypocrite.

Police aren't employed to make friends, their employed to uphold the law and that generally entails making people do things they don't want to do, or more correctly stopping them from doing things their not meant to be doing.

If you think you could do a better job or you believe they should be doing a better job then join and change the system from the inside. At worst you'll gain a for more realistic view of what Policing is actually about.

So, basically, you justify the actions of officers who act like dickheads?

The police force is employed to serve society, not enjoy little power trips because they wear a uniform.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:32 pm

David wrote:
OEP wrote:

So, basically, you justify the actions of officers who act like dickheads?

The police force is employed to serve society, not enjoy little power trips because they wear a uniform.

Who says they were acting like dickheads, and what knowledge of police work allows them to come to that conclusion. Your basing your opinion that they were in the wrong on the say so of someone who firstly didn't see the entire incident and secondly doesn't have any knowledge of policing.

In most cases your fairly level headed in your conclusions of a situation, why not in this case?

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:14 pm

The police force is (as are our hospitals & public schools) severley underfunded.

When Billy (not his real name) was only new on the job in Perth, he was on a routine patrol (with another'newby') when they came across a group of youths walking along a major road in the middle othe night. They were obviously pissed so the cops stopped. They tried to offer the group a ride home but were abused and told to F#@# off. The 2 junior officers (both under 25) did the best they could at directing these fools away from the road.
Not long after one of the females in the group was struck & killed by a vehicle (100kmh zone) on the same road.

The crap this bloke had to go through from internal affairs etc etc was a disgrace. Hearing the girls Mum snivel on talk back radio about how incompetent the officers were.... blah blah blah....... HELLO Shocked

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:19 pm

When were they?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: