Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anyone see police and disabled couple at Jolimont station?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annewilo 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
luvdids wrote:
The 'hmmm' wasn't a question, & I wasn't being nasty. I was wondering if anyone was closer to the facts. Because, no one seems to know the facts of what happened, the facts about why the police behaved the way they did. Yet there's plenty of comment about the police and what they should have or shouldn't have done - when no one knows what actually happened.
From your post, it seems like the 2 people the police were giving their attention to were actually at fault ("going to take steps to ensure something like this doesn't occur again"). So perhaps, the police were simply doing their job?? Which I don't envy them for for one second, especially if 'joe public' is going to scrutinise and comment on whatever they do. That's all.

What, let facts get in the way of a good cop bagging story Question

My brother in-law has been a cop for 15 years, I don't know how he puts up with all the crap. People should show some respect.

oh ffs. I saw what I saw and it happened the way I said it did. I am respecting wishes. I am not letting facts get in the way unlike this comment.

Have a nice day.

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:21 am

Respect is a two way street. Cops treat the rest of us like vermin
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:47 pm

annewilo wrote:
Skids wrote:
luvdids wrote:
The 'hmmm' wasn't a question, & I wasn't being nasty. I was wondering if anyone was closer to the facts. Because, no one seems to know the facts of what happened, the facts about why the police behaved the way they did. Yet there's plenty of comment about the police and what they should have or shouldn't have done - when no one knows what actually happened.
From your post, it seems like the 2 people the police were giving their attention to were actually at fault ("going to take steps to ensure something like this doesn't occur again"). So perhaps, the police were simply doing their job?? Which I don't envy them for for one second, especially if 'joe public' is going to scrutinise and comment on whatever they do. That's all.

My brother in-law has been a cop for 15 years, I don't know how he puts up with all the crap. People should show some respect.

oh ffs. I saw what I saw and it happened the way I said it did. I am respecting wishes. I am not letting facts get in the way unlike this comment.

Have a nice day.

So what happened to make them raise the attention of the Police?
annewilo 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:45 pm

luvdids wrote:
annewilo wrote:
Skids wrote:
luvdids wrote:

Have a nice day.

So what happened to make them raise the attention of the Police?

As discussed, I think I would rather not go in to the detail for the sake of privacy . As I mentioned, I had a letter from a friend who explained what had happened and why they were upset. I mentioned that I would not post the details in a public forum to respect their privacy.

As also mentioned I think the main thing is they are okay. I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts about the couple.

Mods can you please now close the thread as I now have the details I wanted as per my thread title.

Thanks.

Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So now, rather than all the big burly blokes that used to make up the force, you get Snow White and the 7 dwarves in uniform.

Clap Clap Clap. Priceless. Couldn't have said it better myself!

Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:

Yep, just yesterday a friend of mine was pulled over and due to a registration transfer error, his truck was unregistered. I know my friend well and he respects the police and is a very level headed, easy going person and therefore would not have done anything to upset this police officer, he would have copped it on the chin. And yet, for some unknown reason, the officer felt the need to rip the number plate off with his bare hands, breaking the bracket and damaging the plate. The cops are within their right to remove plates from unregistered vehicles but surely they have the correct tools for this practice? Surely they don't 'tear' the plates off every unregistered vehicle. I wonder if he would have done the same to an unregistered Lambourghini. I don't even have an expensive car and I would have lost it if he did that to my car. I know my friend will cop this behaviour on the chin also but, if it were me, they'd be paying for new plates, a new bracket and any damage to the paint. Truck or Lambourghini, doesn't matter. Have some f*cking respect. Pigs.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Peter Griffin wrote:
Nick - Pie Man wrote:

Yep, just yesterday a friend of mine was pulled over and due to a registration transfer error, his truck was unregistered. I know my friend well and he respects the police and is a very level headed, easy going person and therefore would not have done anything to upset this police officer, he would have copped it on the chin. And yet, for some unknown reason, the officer felt the need to rip the number plate off with his bare hands, breaking the bracket and damaging the plate. The cops are within their right to remove plates from unregistered vehicles but surely they have the correct tools for this practice? Surely they don't 'tear' the plates off every unregistered vehicle. I wonder if he would have done the same to an unregistered Lambourghini. I don't even have an expensive car and I would have lost it if he did that to my car. I know my friend will cop this behaviour on the chin also but, if it were me, they'd be paying for new plates, a new bracket and any damage to the paint. Truck or Lambourghini, doesn't matter. Have some f*cking respect. Pigs.

lol. Good luck with that. Since it shouldn't be on the road in the first place, I doubt they'd give you a cent for anything. If it wasn't on the road, they wouldn't have had to rip the plates off, ergo, no damage would've been caused. But yeah, they're pigs. Let's see who you call when you need them.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Thank god for the legal system, it's the only thing that can help us

I don't support terrorists, but if a couple of nutty imams blew up a police station, I wouldn't be unhappy
Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:06 pm

My brother, of course. Cops are as useless as tits on a bull.

Ok, so an unlicensed driver is on the road. Not meant to be there so ok to run him over by that logic. According to the police, criminal or negligent damage is against the law. Oh, but that doesn't apply to them.

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:07 pm

Neither do speeding laws
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:07 pm

Peter Griffin wrote:
My brother, of course. Cops are as useless as tits on a bull.

Ok, so an unlicensed driver is on the road. Not meant to be there so ok to run him over by that logic. According to the police, criminal or negligent damage is against the law. Oh, but that doesn't apply to them.
It goes without saying. Do you have any sisters too?
Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Oh and you're right, they won't give me a cent, not my car. But if it was... Good golly. Someone would be getting their arse kicked by their superior.
Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Does anyone actually know what the law is concerning police causing damage to property? Would you just report it to their superior or...? Surely unneccesarily behaving like a barbarian is not acceptable to Victoria Police. I mean, it's not acceptable for civilians to behave that way, according to the police.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Like all aspects of society you have your good and your bad. After being exposed to society’s worst behaviour over a number of years, anybody would become cynical and in time this could influence your behaviour. As a result there are some police who are that tainted and in response they treat anybody and everybody as a criminal.

I have come across a couple of these and they can be real preeks. At the same time I have had experience with some police who have been very supportive and appropriate.

As for the blowing up of Police stations, this type of criminal is very destructive and divisive in a community and should not be accepted under any circumstance.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:34 pm

man i hope none of you are ever in need of police assistance

you may have to eat your words

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: