Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anyone see police and disabled couple at Jolimont station?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish you had video.
Evidence is the only way to get the authorities to change the way they do things. For now it will be your word against that of sworn officers. Or in other words "a crazy lady with a grudge against the police".
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Sounds like some gold coast cops had an exchange trip to melbourne. They are the worst.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Black_White wrote:
Wish you had video.
Evidence is the only way to get the authorities to change the way they do things. For now it will be your word against that of sworn officers. Or in other words "a crazy lady with a grudge against the police".

I haven't been sectioned, so I doubt they will think me that. And it was on their CCTV's so won't be hard to locate.

Will see anyhow.

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:02 pm

I was talking more about how he force will respond within their ranks. You do not need sectioning to be called crazy by the force when you are alleging misconduct.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:14 am

annewilo if you're honestly this aggrieved by the actions taken by the officers concerned the use the Victorian Police site to lodge your complaint:

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?Document_ID=2

The arm lock you saw is a standard restraint used when attempting to subdue a person of interest, in this case the apparently disabled couple. The restraint, as all restraints, are designed to be painful to the person restrained so as to gain pain compliance. While the restraint is painful it's also used because the chance of injury to the "offender" is limited, though in extreme cases injury can occur.

Performing a standing restraint is difficult and sometimes clumsy and often will lead to an escalation in emotion by the "offender" because the pain compliance isn't as great enough. This is likely why you saw the situation move in the direction it did.

Either way if you genuinely believe their actions were unprofessional then make the complaint.

Oh yeah, I read in one of your posts that you attempted to intervene. Really not a good idea. Whether or not the officers are acting in a manner you consider appropriate does not give you the right to intervene and WILL result in a abrupt reaction from the Police. Just keep your distance, take metal notes or video (as previously mentioned) and then make your compliant.

Hope that helps in some small way.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:52 pm

5150 wrote:
If you dont validate your ticket, you deserve what you get...

Haha, I love it! Cool

Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:30 pm

They were probably compensating for their little man egos. Has anyone noticed how tiny the police are these days? Have they dropped the height restriction or what? I nearly laughed at what I thought were a couple of midgets in fancy dress until I realised they were police. Hardly intimidating.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Peter Griffin wrote:
They were probably compensating for their little man egos. Has anyone noticed how tiny the police are these days? Have they dropped the height restriction or what? I nearly laughed at what I thought were a couple of midgets in fancy dress until I realised they were police. Hardly intimidating.

They dropped the height restriction years ago as it was discriminatory against Women and some races who were less likely to make the height than an anglo saxon male.

So now, rather than all the big burly blokes that used to make up the force, you get Snow White and the 7 dwarves in uniform.

annewilo 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:52 am

I have received an email from someone who knows the couple concerned. They are okay now and going to take steps to ensure something like this doesn't occur again.

For now, because of the email, I am going to respect their comments and leave the situation unless something changes from some information I have sort from them. I have asked that best wishes be past on and I don't plan on broadcasting the email nor taking it further unless they ask me to.

Thanks for all your concerns and I am really glad I raised this point. It has given me the chance to follow up with them and make sure they are okay now. And in the scheme of things, this is all that matters.

Last edited by annewilo on Wed May 18, 2011 7:57 am; edited 2 times in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:53 am

Oh don't mention it. I'm delightedyou're glad annewilo. <BR></BR> May God bless you.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:39 am

annewilo wrote:
I have received an email from someone who knows the couple concerned. They are okay now and going to take steps to ensure something like this doesn't occur again.

So they were in the wrong? And the police were probably just doing their job?? Being scrutinised for it at the same time. hmmm.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:52 am

luvdids wrote:
annewilo wrote:

So they were in the wrong? And the police were probably just doing their job?? Being scrutinised for it at the same time. hmmm.

No, not at all. I am respecting the wishes of some people not to take it further. Have you ever considered it might have an impact on them?

Hope that answers your hmmmm question.There are some nasty people in this world.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:06 am

The 'hmmm' wasn't a question, & I wasn't being nasty. I was wondering if anyone was closer to the facts. Because, no one seems to know the facts of what happened, the facts about why the police behaved the way they did. Yet there's plenty of comment about the police and what they should have or shouldn't have done - when no one knows what actually happened.
From your post, it seems like the 2 people the police were giving their attention to were actually at fault ("going to take steps to ensure something like this doesn't occur again"). So perhaps, the police were simply doing their job?? Which I don't envy them for for one second, especially if 'joe public' is going to scrutinise and comment on whatever they do. That's all.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:17 am

luvdids wrote:
The 'hmmm' wasn't a question, & I wasn't being nasty. I was wondering if anyone was closer to the facts. Because, no one seems to know the facts of what happened, the facts about why the police behaved the way they did. Yet there's plenty of comment about the police and what they should have or shouldn't have done - when no one knows what actually happened.
From your post, it seems like the 2 people the police were giving their attention to were actually at fault ("going to take steps to ensure something like this doesn't occur again"). So perhaps, the police were simply doing their job?? Which I don't envy them for for one second, especially if 'joe public' is going to scrutinise and comment on whatever they do. That's all.

No, take steps to make sure they are okay and get home safely.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:18 am

luvdids wrote:

What, let facts get in the way of a good cop bagging story Question

My brother in-law has been a cop for 15 years, I don't know how he puts up with all the crap. People should show some respect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: