Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Line Up (What do you think?)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:44 am
Post subject: Collingwood Line Up (What do you think?)Reply with quote

B: Ben Johnson, Simon Prestigiacomo, Shane Wakelin
HB: Scott Burns, Jason Cloke, James Clement
C: Paul Licuria, Shane O'Bree, Ryan Lonie
HF: Tarkyn Lockyer, Anthony Rocca, Andrew Williams
F: Leon Davis, Chris Tarrant, Jarrod Molloy
FL: Josh Fraser, Nathan Buckley, Shane Woewodin
IN: Alan Didak, Steven McKee, Rupert Betheras, Heath Scotland
EMERG: Glenn Freeborn, Richard Cole, Mark McGough, Brodie Holland

d9 tank 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but I feel we need Freeza in the starting 22 for his stability and experience, and especially after his great finals campain we cant drop him now. Also from all reports McGough is in the best form of the lot so far this pre-season so it would be tough for MM not to reward him with a seniors berth. And the only other change I would make is Didak starting on the field, entering his third season its time MM gave him much more responsibility, not only for the side but also for Dids' confidence.

I dont know how the hell anyone would be able to make those three changes, especially with a full side, but in round 1 at least with three seniors out through suspension it should be possible.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:05 pm

I take it this is for the Wizard Cup match?

Don't know enough about Williams, but personally I can't see how you couldn't start Didak in the 18. Then again if you already know Didak is a gun, I guess you can see how Williams gets around. I'd like to see some of the new guys, especially Nixon and Shackles have a bit of a go.

It might be just Pies supporters in the main who think so, but every time I see our list I can't believe the depth over just a few years ago.

Go Pies!
THE POSSUM PIES 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:33 pm

Talk about depth, looks a formidable sight, I think opposing teams will be pooping themselves before they even arrive at the car park. Maybe slot Clement into Fullback and Freeborn on the flank, with Presti on the bench. It all depends on the make-up of the other side.

Its in the bag, the 2003 FLAG!!!

Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:27 pm

I think that young King is likely to be tried at senior level early on and from what ive read he may well be in the lineup all year,i have my doubts about johnno,i too think freeza will be in the 22,mckee will be first ruck,josh CHF.the other one under the pump is taz,if he puts in some more geoff hayward type efforts this year he could end up at willy.
we now have enough forwards to ensure those out of form get the arse.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:35 pm

call it a wild hunch but i think by the end of the year wakelin will be superseded in the best 22. malthouse won with the eagles with a whole team of oversized ruck-rovers + dean irving. it may be we are headed the same way. i think scotland may start too. benny johnson needs to keep improving or mcgough will claim his spot if marky keeps improving himself.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.

[This message has been edited by Cam (edited 17 February 2003).]
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:43 pm

I think Johnno will be one of those players that everyone will doubt for his entire career because of his very unconventional brand of footy, but he has well and truly earned his spot in the B & W at the moment and is our only real option in the BP. As long as he keeps his form from last season their is no reason that he wont be in the starting 18 each week.

Have to agree with Ed about King, but he and the other likley youngsters (Cole, Shakles, Lokan and Nixon) will pretty much have to wait for injury, suspension or lack of form from our more senior players before they are given a real go. Depth is a great thing to have from a supporters point of view, but it does make life much tougher for the young recruits.

piepower 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:57 pm

Gotta feel sorry for mick all these players available to play in the wizza cup, depth looks good, go pies

Pies Kick Arse In 2003
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:12 pm

get jimmy up on the harf-forward line with bucks and pebbles. let it rain 9 pointers!!!

Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:28 am

Yeah, agree R26 - Clement, Burns, Dids, Ant & Bucks can all easily kick 9 pointers.

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. - The Old Testiment

Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:55 am

I really cant see Fraser playing in the ruck in front of McKee. On Friday Mckee was killing Fraser in the intra club match!!

Long Live the mite and power of
Shane Morwood (member of 1990 team,1988 Vic rep)
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:11 am

Boy oh boy do we have some depth now. Any one of these players could fill a role especially if any player breaks down in the centre area. The only problem I see is that the Forward line is a little top heavy. I would like to see Molloy bust some chops on the ball. And change Buckley and Woey on the ball from the forward line. Can you imagine sending either down to the forward line for a breather, they would be double teamed allowing tarrant some space. McKee will start in ruck ahead of Fraser. I would like to see Tarrant and Fraser leading out from FF. Licuria will be used as a tagger of the opposing teams followers or centre players. This will leave buck's, woey and O'Bree room to run. Wow how exciting is this team. If they all fire every team in the League must be crapping themselves.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:19 am

Line up will depend on who we play. Depth is there and can cover injuries a bit better. McKee starting Ruck, Rocca to releive. Fraser to be a utilised as a tall running go to player depending on form. Didak's fitness and capacity to run out a game will depend if he plays off the bench or starts on the ground.

Form will dictate who plays, 2 bad games and you will be out. Pressure is on to perform.

chalky 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:55 am

MM has never been serious about wiz cup in the past. Its round-robin format assured sides of at least 3 programmed games, win or lose. But with the new knock-out comp he may want to rethink his approach and put a more potent force out on the park.The advantages of going through to the next stages bear some consideration - organised, competitive, opponents, know where you are playing, telstra dome vs all over the country in sub standard venues and surfaces, under cover ( no heat concerns )
It will be interesting to see the balance and blend of youth, senior, fringe players MM uses as he treads the fine line of first, wanting to win, but also possibly experiment with game plans / positions, blood new players, reward the hard workers etc. cheers - can't wait for "Sunday Bloody Sunday"

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:57 am

B: Ben Johnson, Simon Prestigiacomo, Shane Wakelin
HB: Scott Burns, Jason Cloke, James Clement
C: Paul Licuria, Shane O'Bree, Ryan Lonie
HF: Tarkyn Lockyer, Anthony Rocca, Alan Didak
F: Leon Davis, Chris Tarrant, Rupert Betheras
FL: Steven McKee, Nathan Buckley, Shane Woewodin
IN: Glenn Freeborn, Josh Fraser, Heath Scotland, Jarrod Molloy
EMERG: Richard Cole, Mark McGough, Brodie Holland, Andrew Williams

This is my line up when we have a full list and the season starts. Rupert & Freeza & McKee have to start in the starting line up on 2002 form.

The rest to prove they deserve a senior spot including Molloy as he needs to be eased into the seniors. one or two good games should not gaurantee selection.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: