Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SHOULD OLD ACQUAINTANCE BE FORGOT KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PIE N

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clokeysneighbour 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:23 am
Post subject: SHOULD OLD ACQUAINTANCE BE FORGOT KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PIE NReply with quote

Sourced from: collingwoodfc.com.au
AAP
7:44:40 AM Fri 7 February, 2003

2000 Brownlow medallist Shane Woewodin says Melbourne officials continue to paint him as a bad guy but he's moving onwards and upwards with Collingwood.

The midfielder was controversially traded to the Magpies last year after the Demons believed he was costing the club too much money and they needed to alleviate salary cap pressure.

It ended six years at Melbourne for Woewodin, 26, including 2000 when he won the Brownlow and lost in the grand final to Essendon.

"I was really disappointed and shocked by Melbourne's decision and the way the club went about things to get rid of me. It felt terrible to leave a family of six years but now I look back on it and it was the best thing that could have happened," Woewodin said.

"The footy club will always be a part of my family but certain individuals, like Neale (Daniher) and (football manager) Danny Corcoran and that, I've still got very ill feelings for.

"And they are trying to justify to the members now why they got rid of me and they are ... trying to make me out to be the bad guy."

Woewodin was fuming after the Demons published a letter signed by Daniher and Corcoran that provided information about how much he would have been paid had he not been traded to Collingwood.

A determined sounding Woewodin said in western Sydney, where the club was doing its bit for the AFL'S fan outreach program, there was a vast difference between the clubs.

"It's just the way they are run," he said.

"Collingwood is very, very professional club. Right from Eddie (McGuire) all the way down to the way each individual goes about their job - the whole environment, you really get looked after a lot. It's just a great place to be involved with and Collingwood are heading up."

Woewodin admitted his 2001 season was a low point.

"It was my down year, it was a terrible year. I just couldn't put it together," he said.

"But last year I thought was a big step forward for me. I was enjoying things and playing a lot better footy but obviously Melbourne didn't think so, and being 12th in the best-and-fairest said that.

"I'm really hungry to be successful again and I took a big step forward last year in terms of my football ability and will take another step forward this year. I really want to pump the footy again and do my best for the Collingwood footy club."

Being the new boy, Woewodin was concentrating on fitting in with his teammates and said he had yet to be told by coach Mick Malthouse exactly what his role for 2003 would be.

But Malthouse told the AFL website he had something specific in mind for Woewodin.

"He'll get a job to do, he'll be trained up accordingly and we expect him to do the job without thinking he's an ex-Brownlow medallist," Malthouse said.

"He's going to be part of a game plan and that will involve him playing a certain role within the club and on the ground."

[I have just added in details regarding the source of this article - Northern Pie and Clemo are correct in that, when posting articles on Nick's, you should provide details of the source. kristin5]

[This message has been edited by kristin5 (edited 11 February 2003).]
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Clokey,

Hope I am not stepping on any of the moderators toes here, but mate when you post a news article can you please source it, ie where it came from and who wrote it....just so nicks is protected.

Cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:28 am

Northern...I was thinking the same thing too !

Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:20 am

no doubt woewodin will add much needed depth to our midfield....thus allowing bucks some time up forward.....

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:58 am

Yeah it's always a good idea to tell the reader where you found the info.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:42 pm

Wow! Whats the odds on Woey being BOG and picking up 3 brownlow votes on the Queens b/day weekend?

-Craig

clokeysneighbour 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:27 am

I thought I did everyone?!?!?

Sourced from: collingwoodfc.com.au
AAP
7:44:40 AM Fri 7 February, 2003

Regards

Clokeys Neighbour/Shags

cya at the Locker RoOM WHEN WE BEAT THE FILTH

BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:57 pm

Love the Title of this topic. How about naming the source of that one too. (Just Kidding)

BJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: