Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fund Raising for Nicks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I can have a friend who will paint me a picture of a player size 3ft by 2ft that can be raffled off. He is an excellent artist and a recent painting of Grant (Loser) Thomas went for $1300 at a school raffle.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:51 pm

Sounds like a good move Tess.

magpie24 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:27 pm

Great idea Tess
I would definitely be there!
Should hold the nite at Viccy Park?

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR OWN WAY*****
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:04 pm

Thanks Tess, I appreciate and understand your concern, but it's not quite accurate to say that I 'asked for money to run Nicks'. It's something that I have never done and would never do.

What I did say was this:

Quote:
I am in particular need of financial help, but I am still strongly resistant to the idea of donations. We have all seen how Club social memberships form an elite and the last thing I want to do is form an elite on the Bulletin Board. We already have fundraising measures in place in the form of Magpie email and webmail and the video banner. Magpie Mail needs some polishing, but I'll get that underway and announce a new release as soon as possible. Every video and DVD (whether or not it's football) bought after clicking on the vidoe banner on the front of the Bulletin Board and the front of Nick's pays us about $8. It doesn't cost you any more so please, if you're in the market for sports videos, get them here.

We already have a great scheme in place that allows people to support the site by joining Magpie Mail. People show their support of the Pies as a part of the online Magpies community by subscribing to Magpie Mail and getting a magpies.net email address. If we can't get people to support us by joining Magpie Mail for a measly $10 / year then it's probably time to face facts and admit that we are, with a few exceptions, catering to a group of people who just don't care.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:17 pm

Very good Mike.
Are we having a tipping contest again this year? That might get a few more people to join up to Magpie Mail
BTW, I'll send you my renewal soon, but I reckon 15 bux is a fair value now, inflation and all. So that'll be $30 for me and Hawksfan. Cost of a CD, not bad value at all.

-Craig

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:04 am

Personally i think Collingwood Football Club should get behind this site and support this website financially.

Afterall we are helping Carlton (our arch enemy) and Melbourne by giving them our home gate receipts from when we play them.

It's about time Collingwood started looking after their own.

This site is fantastic and we already know Eddie and a few of the others read and use the site as its a great communication tool

JLC

Symonds picked on potential for the fifth year running ;)

To be great is to be misunderstood

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
wimmey Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:28 am

Easter Saturday is no good for me. I'LL still be in Brisbane after the easter thursday game against the Lions.... whoo hoo!!

Millane was the greatest to ever pull on footy boots
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: