Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

That One Moment in Time When..........

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE POSSUM PIES 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:11 am
Post subject: That One Moment in Time When..........Reply with quote

Greetings.......having lived my life around Collingwood, I have sat here overly excited(nudge,nudge,wink,wink), since discovering this site. It is absolutely MARVELLOUS!!!
How about letting everyone know about an OBSCURE, FUNNY, FANTASTIC or STRANGE incident that you saw at a PIES game, but the media or other fans might not have seen.
It could also have involved a player before or after the game, even an opposition player, but you always remember it as....

THAT ONE MOMENT IN TIME WHEN......

With Black & White in our hearts and veins,
The Black & White army forever reigns!!!

Dromana Boy 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

When Scott Russell pooed his pants a Waverly

If that's all there is my friend, then lets keep dancing.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:42 am

Last year when Sooky boy Richo looked up and saw the c/squad waving tissues at him... The look on his face... hahaha... bloody priceless.... hahaha

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(2003...onwards to glory!)
BigMac 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:56 am

Many years ago at Victoria Park, a guy a few rows down from us started getting into Mark Beers (those old enough will remember him).

As the ball came down the Rush Stand wing, Beers squimped a contest and the ball tumbled out of bounds. The guy took his opportunity, got out of his seat, shuffled past others in his row, and ran down the aisle to the fence, where he gave Beers the greatest mouthfull of all time.

Upon his return, fans within this guys section stood as one and applauded as he came back up to his seat, waving.

Maybe you had to be there, but it was very funny at the time.

"When you control the mail, you control information."
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:22 am

I always thought one of the strangest incidents at the footy I witnessed was in the last round of 1979. We were playing the dees at Victory Park and had the game won easily early in the last quarter. I remember I was at the game with my cousin and a small group of us (or so I thought) were listening to the geelong-fitzroy game on the radio. At the time fitzroy were in 3rd I think and the Pies were 4th on the ladder, with a loss to them and a win to us giving us the double chance. Well geelong came from behind and beat fitzroy with still a few minutes left in the Pies-dees game, I reckon about half to three quarters of the ground erupted in joy when the siren went at the other game! Obviuosly everyone else was thinking the same thing.

Go Pies!
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:52 am

at vic park Vs adelaide, the opposition cheersquad was having a go at our cheersquad, and the female leader of the adelaide squad went out the back to have a punch up with one of the collingwood cheersuqad members. funniest thing I've ever seen was the police, who watched the exchange, suddenly realising she was serious and chassing after them!!

not sure who won, but against two cops and the collingwood supporter male, my monies still on that adelaide woman!! not sure what they put in the ater over there... sorry Liesy, Alf...

LOL _ KIDDING!!! my mum's from adelaide, I'm sure the rest of you are quite normal..

- Ben

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:56 am

I remember Brian Beers,but he wasnt a squib.
cant recall Mark.

I remember one day when i was about 10 i ran on to the field after the game at vic park to get some autographs.
I got a couple and John Henderson came over and said ill sign it for you.
I told him No thanks,my dad thinks your useless.
I thought he was going to cry as he trudged off.

chalky 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:00 am

I remembaer that game AnthonyC. We were bored because the Dees weren't even putting up a fight, and the Cats were. There must have been 100 radios all tuned in around us.
A long time ago, Coll vs The Scum at Vic Park, both in the top 4.
McKenna v Jezza#$&*+o shootout predicted.First few mins is a defensive wrestle. Jerka Jenkin takes a timely mark in the BP with Jezza on the mark, doing the 1% stuff, you know, jumping up and down,pulling faces etc. Jerka goes back to roost a long drop kick out of defence. Jezza jumps as high as he can to smother it - the team thing to do- Unfortunately for him, Jerka's drop kick turns into a stab pass, full pelt, from 5m, right in the "cods" (ouch!!). The crowd goes wild with delight/laughter. Jezza never to be seen again, McKenna kicks a squillion ,Magpies demoralise them. The walk over the bridge was the best feeling ever, surrounded by the faithful, with everyone commenting on "that" kick.
Deliberate or not? There have been more exciting days but none funnier than seeing "the golden boy" go down, completely and utterly,humiliated. Cheers

GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:03 pm

An incident I can never erase from my mind was when it finally twigged what a brutal game footy can be. At Vic Park vs Richmond in 1974 or 75 Mal Brown broke Ian Coopers jaw with a vicious elbow that everone except the umpire saw. Brown was reported later in the game for another evil act and was suspended and did not play in the finals, this I think saved Hafey from dropping the useless clown. Coopers season was over and it was a number of years before he regained his spot in the firsts. Ironically I think it was because of an injury to a backman, I remember him playing in the prelim against Geelong at VFL park. I think the Brown incident really messed up his time at Collingwood, I liked the bloke as he was really hard and tough.

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:08 pm

The funniest and most scariest thing at the footy was when i was about 8 years of age i went to victoria park with my uncle and we sat in that old stand above the players race and middle aged collingwood ladies would have favourite players which thay would affectionately label as thats my boy or thats my son..well one ladie had said something about a paticular collingwood player and my god it was on i have never felt so scared in all my life..faces were purple, false teeth were goin everywhere and the language was just unbelievable i remember sitting there with eyeballs like dinner plates.

The biggest barney ever seen at victoria park was at the good old yarra falls end it was in my first ever year at victoria park, i would of been 7 years of age and we were playing sth melb an argument errupted and it was on... broken beer bottles and all.
i have never ever seen so much blood spilt at a footy game, back in them days i used to go on my own, while the fight was getting well out of control some old bloke hoisted me up onto his shoulders either to let me get a better view or just to look after me, but i wasnt scared infact i was in awe that football especially collingwood could envoke such passion its an event i would think about regularly.

100,000 GOLD WIGS and a million shining eyes
This our country's one true game
And the footy ground's on fire
And collingwood's sons and daughter's, under wide Australian skies
Win or lose we're back again to claim the winner's prize.....

Go Pies you bloody beauties !! 'Caaarm Ornnn' kill the Bloody Bastards.

email..joffa@magpies.net
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:38 pm

Watching several Essendon players lose the plot during their pre-match warm up in front of the Collingwood Cheer Squad before a game in 2001. Worst offender was Damien Hardwicke ... watching him assaulting a Cheer Squad member was interesting. "Mad Dog" Muir and Eric Cantona would have been proud. I was sure he would go the proverbial row of shithouses over that ... but somehow the whole thing got hushed up.

It was the most pathetic display of unprofessional behaviour from an AFL team that I have ever seen ...

THAT ONE MOMENT IN TIME WHEN I KNEW THAT (some)FOOTBALLERS ARE REALLY JUST GLORIFIED PSYCHOPATHS

... well, maybe not ... but it was a scream anyway.

There's a Brisbane player who gets easily riled too ... number 22, whatever his name is. He is an absolute nut-case. Thought he was going to do something "memorable" before the game at Docklands last year.

GO HARD OR GO HOME
Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" http://alf.magpies.net

[This message has been edited by Dr Alf Andrews (edited 14 February 2003).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: