Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Should We?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rohan 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:07 am
Post subject: Should We?Reply with quote

Take the Carlton game seriously?

Yes I know Salty Malty doesn't take Wizard Cup games seriosuly but will the challenge of playing Carlton spur them onto a much more serious effort?

Inflicting further damage to the Carlton Football Club should be encouraged!

The poster formerly known as Rohan Coventry Tateson

BigMac 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Before Saturday's All Star match, I would have expected the Pies to take it easy and if the Blues won, no big deal.

But after their appalling display in NT, let's not give them the opportunity to get off the floor. Another demoralising defeat in the first round of the Wizard Cup will show that not only the players, but also Dennis Pagan, will have a long season ahead.

"When you control the mail, you control information."
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:14 am

Salty Malty ?? Never heard that one before.

Its the pre season so no big deal. As long as we have no injuries and a few of the youngsters go ok i will be happy. My main interests will be to see who out of the younger brigade looks like stepping up this year. However seeing that the Wizz Fizz Cup (Pies Premiers 2003) is a knock out this year it would be good to win and avoid having to do the country circuit.

jlc

Symonds picked on potential for the fifth year running ;)

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:00 am

I don't think MM should do anything to jepardise our preparation for round 1. This is a huge year for our club. We must back up and win enough games to get into the top 4 again. We must have another good finals campaign. Withing the paramters of setting ourselves up for round 1, we should pick a good side and ask them to go and smash the enemy. Kick the living crap out of them. Show no mercy at all. make every Carlton player, official, member and supporter cry and wish they did not support such a pathetic bunch of no hopers.

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:01 am

We've never taken the pre season cup seriously before, why start now. Who wants to be March premiers and September duds like Port Adelaide are every year.

Fradam Wrote This
Stan Magro 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:41 pm

Assasin are you sure we were runners up in the Night Comp in 1979 I thought we won that one if my memory serves me correct we beat Hawthorn by about 2 or 3 goals and then in 1980 we lost the night Grand Final to North after Kerry Good took a mark after the siren and kicked a Goal (Robbed Again).

Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:26 pm

In all seriousness I think our young guys would beat Carlton seeing the way they played last week.

If you add Williams and Woey to the list with Leon, Didak, Fraser, MCG, the Clokes, it'd be a good, if inexperienced, team.

Carlton are pathetic, but don't expect MM to take the game any different to usual.

- Ben

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
magpie rosco 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:29 am

You're dead right Stan the Man. We won the night premiership in 1979 against Hawthorn. We should have won in 1980 as well, but as you say, we were robbed. Collingwood in front, the siren sounded, the crowd roared in jubilation, the umpire didn't hear the siren and shouted 'play on', a North Melbourne player (Blight?) streamed into the North Melbourne forward line and passed to Kerry Good, the umpire finally realised that the siren had sounded and allowed Good to shoot for goal after the siren. He kicked truly and the crowd roared again (but this time it was a bitter and twisted roar).

Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:38 am

No need to push ourselves too hard in the Wizz fizz cup...I dont expect too be pushed too hard either....a victory will come our way simply because we are a class above carlton...

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
THE POSSUM PIES 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:39 am

You can't win a REAL Premiership in March, but you can lose a REAL one. Can anyone remember who won the last 10 pre-season cup grand finals? That's right, I can't either, I think we are on that much of a roll, we can take it out on our ear, and then march on to victory in September. But whatever we do, Mighty Mick will be using it as a build up for the REAL big one.

Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:37 am

I always state that the wizz fizz cup does not matter....win lose or draw who cares....??

Well that still holds true....but how embarrassing it would be to lose too carlton?? we need to kick the bastards when they are down and keep kicking....

SHOW NO MERCY

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
Tony the magpie 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:34 pm

I've got a bad feeling about the Carlton game. Call me a pesimist, but I witnessed the Pies dismal pre-season effort last year against the Swans up here in Canberra, and I remember going home thinking we'd battle for the wooden spoon. I just don't think our coachinh heirachy takes these matches seriously, and I'm expecting Pagan's mob to be pumped to beat us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: