Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

saying goodbye to mans best friend......

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:21 pm
Post subject: saying goodbye to mans best friend......Reply with quote

why do put ourselves through it?

you know it will end in tears, but you still get another puppy....

where did the time go? the kids were just babies, when Chloe came along.

little miss smug,a very well bred toy poodle, who just knew she was beautiful....always so regal, sat in my arms like the Queen of Sheba!

2 weeks ago, i was grooming her, and as the hair came off, i found more and more of the painful absesses all over her body, shaving her face, i found her jaw had 2 teeth just hanging out, stuck together by a peice of flesh, and above her eye, a large lump....6 weeks ago, at her last hair cut, it wasnt like this....

ive known it was coming.....Chloe has been 99% blind for at least four years.....

we thought we would have to put her down when we moved, but as we built our house ourselves, i was able to bring her here, to stay the night before we moved in, for several weeks, (i was staying to stop thieves!!) so she got used to the new corners and walls....she was happy.....

2 years on and i know its time....

Shes technically my husbands dog, but he has been fighting his own nightmare for two years too, the big C.....so i cant leave the decision to him, it would break his heart.....

Its funny, my mums got severe dementia, and as it progressed, seeing her fear, her pain, i have said time and again, "its so cruel, if She was a dog you would put her down..."

it sounded so easy.....

the kids know its coming, but not exactly when...i booked it for the holidays, to give us time to greive......the vet is coming to the house, so Chloe will go peacefully, in her own little world......

so why do i feel so bad? why is my heart shattering? how do you say goodbye? Old Shep just keeps running through my head....

But i already did it again, i still have Max, who is a couple of years younger than Chloe, and also Max's daughter, Molly, who i got because i knew this was coming....She is already four, so i guess Chloe has made it further than we thought she could......

My dogs are part of the family, and its just as hard to say goodbye....

so ill leave you with my favourite pic of "my baby", when she was full of life, when she could still see the world in all its wonder......

i love you Chloe, thanks for the memories...

annewilo 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great and cute looking dog is Chloe. It is indeed a sad time when you have to make these decisions. I have a Chloe (cat) at home. But I too had to put down our beloved cat "Cat" and other beautiful moggies like Mork and Nigel over the years.

You will need some crying time for sure. My thoughts are with you.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:49 pm

thanks Anne,

i still miss my dogs, Mischief and Jessie, and my horse Clyde, so much, but the love you get over the years is just so worth it...

bless you

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:53 pm

My heart is broken for you.

When we lost our dog, Mitchell, on December 31 2002, it was the worst thing that's ever happened to me.

We had him for 17 years. I got him on my 5th birthday. I'm sure I also posted about it here back when it happened. I had to start a new job two days after he died and it was tough.

I still often think about him.

The sadness does go away, but you never ever forget them. Its always hard to get through, but in time you'll remember the funny little things your dog did and laugh.

We didnt get another dog until 2009. Two Border Collies. They just turned two on April 1st.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:59 am

That's sad, think positive; thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear you've got a bit to deal with, too.
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:10 am

See my avatar.
Last Friday was tough.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:22 am

Black_White wrote:
See my avatar.
Last Friday was tough.

I saw that yesterday Black White but wasnt too sure if you meant your cat. My heart goes out to you. Its a tough day when you have to say goodbye. They are such important parts of our lives.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:12 am

I know what you are going through. The first few weeks are tough. The house seems void without them.

We lost our over sized Golden Retriever Toby just over two weeks ago. He was a rescue dog and we were the third owners. Initially he had some real issues but a lot of love resulted in an unbelievable animal. He lived with us for just under nine years. We found out a month before his death that he had cancer of the spleen. Having him put down was very distressing. I am now forced to fetch the paper myself.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:36 pm

Presti#1Fan wrote:
My heart is broken for you.

When we lost our dog, Mitchell, on December 31 2002, it was the worst thing that's ever happened to me.

We had him for 17 years. I got him on my 5th birthday. I'm sure I also posted about it here back when it happened. I had to start a new job two days after he died and it was tough.

I still often think about him.

The sadness does go away, but you never ever forget them. Its always hard to get through, but in time you'll remember the funny little things your dog did and laugh.

We didnt get another dog until 2009. Two Border Collies. They just turned two on April 1st.

i think thats whats making it so hard - when my dogs Mischief and Jessie passed away, the kids were very young, they didnt understand

but Chloe has been a part of their lives since they were 3 and 5, now they are 15 and 17, i just cant bare it when my kids cry........

congrats on your 2 new babies - its always worth it, the pain of losing them - pets just give you so much love, i cant imagine life without a dog (or 2!) by my side

bless you and thankyou

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:38 pm

pietillidie wrote:
That's sad, think positive; thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear you've got a bit to deal with, too.

Thankyou for your thoughts

thats why i love cheering our boys on so much! give me a ligit reason to yell and scream and let it all out!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Black_White wrote:
See my avatar.
Last Friday was tough.

im so sorry

someone sent me this link:

http://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

hope you can see your beautiful girl again someday....

ill see you at rainbow bridge

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
I know what you are going through. The first few weeks are tough. The house seems void without them.

We lost our over sized Golden Retriever Toby just over two weeks ago. He was a rescue dog and we were the third owners. Initially he had some real issues but a lot of love resulted in an unbelievable animal. He lived with us for just under nine years. We found out a month before his death that he had cancer of the spleen. Having him put down was very distressing. I am now forced to fetch the paper myself.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

my dogs Mischief and Jessie both came from the pound....they were so wonderful

toby looks very peaceful and relaxed in that pic, he obviously had a very happy home, certainly no sign of previous stress in those molten chocolate eyes!

hope you can get yourself another paper boy soon

bless you

Hurricane 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:39 pm

I lost my little black cat Tabby 2 weeks ago tomorrow. She was the most important thing to me in the whole world. She was 16, I knew it was coming for a while as she had been losing weight and showing signs of kidney disease. I was so scared to lose her, I was grieving for her a long time before she went as I knew it would be so painful. She stopped eating in her last couple if weeks and I could tell in her eyes that it was time. I never wanted to make the decision to put her to sleep but I could never let her suffer. I will still always wonder if I did it at the right time...I'm crying now just thinking about her. I love my little tab so much she was such a little character Sad
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:50 pm

You did the right thing Hurricane.
It's the eyes. They tell you what you need to do.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:29 am

Black_White wrote:
You did the right thing Hurricane.
It's the eyes. They tell you what you need to do.

So very true.

Sorry for your loss. 16 years is a very good innings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: