Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Nick's

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:36 pm
Post subject: Welcome to Nick'sReply with quote

A belated welcome to all of those people who have arrived here homeless and looking for shelter. Nick's has had a go at closing down a couple of times, but it has never actually happened, so we can only just begin to understand what you are going through - well... some of us can.

From the Outer closing down took us all by surprise, and we got off to a bit of a shaky start in here as people started arriving. It may get even shakier in coming weeks, the two sites were very different and now we're forcing them together. Both groups, new and old, were very comfortable before the change and will both lose what they knew so well and there may be some difficult times ahead as Nick's inevitably evolves to include the new people.

Who knows what the next few weeks will be like. We may fight it out, we may just fit in together, but whatever happens we'll come through it together because we're the Pies.

The thing to remember is that if you are a Pies supporter this is your home and you have every right to be here, whether you've been here for years or you've only just arrived.

Nick's will be changed forever, not for better nor for worse, just different ...BUT ALWAYS COLLINGWOOD!!!

Welcome to Nick's.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mike. In my experience most fair dinkum Collingwood fans are really decent folk and can cope admirably with change. I look forward to my time posting here. Once the season proper starts, we will ALL be ONE group barracking our collective arses off for the mighty 'pies! Our fantastic black & white heroes!

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!

Lazza
funkster05 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:47 pm

Thanks for the welcome Mike.

The coming weeks are definitely going to be interesting. We are all getting a bit toey with the upcoming season.

I suppose this is an interesting time with Collingwood web communitities because there's heaps of anticipation with the Pies doing so well during 2002 and an air of expectation for 2003. It would be a real change from the un-Shaw years.

Lets bounce the ball (or throw it up, whatever they do in the Pre-season cup) and lets have some action.

d9 tank 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:08 pm

Thanks alot mate. Its been a weird few days but with an attitude like that I'm sure we will all get along. And as you said we are all collingwood, and at the end of the day thats all that matters.

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:36 pm

Those are wonderful words and I'm sure everyone - whether a loyal Nick's user/FTO Stalwart/newbie/refugee/bit-of- both/Carlton supporter (well maybe not) will appreciate them.

With a loyal army behind them, it can only be for the benefit of the one thing we are all here for and love so dearly - the Collingwood Football Club.

Floreat Pica

Jenelle

--
Floreat Pica
BRING BACK NED!
"This is a man's world
But it would be nothing
Without a woman or a girl"
rand corp 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:45 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first post here although you are hardly strangers.

Don't feel like an FTO refuge or anything of the like however, as a regular poster and frequent browzer there, I will miss the site and the community.

I have surfed the boards here for sometime and as I now live in Thailand am a regular on magpies live (as M aggro) most matches and think it is a wonderful service.

I also post on hotrod's board, which I find irreverent and fun.

I don't really understand some of the underlying hostility bubbling beneath some of the comparative posts, but am certain we will all get over it and get on with supporting our beloved Magpies.

Really, Collingwood is all that it is about and we all love Collingwood.

We were on recon in a steaming Mekong delta, a momentary lapse of concentration allowed Charlie to get the drop on us. I spent the next three years in a POW camp, forced to subsist on a thin stew of four kinds of rice. I came close to madness trying to find it here in the States, but they just cant get the spices right...
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:36 pm

Welcome Lazza, funkster05 and d9 tank. Look forward to reading your posts during the season.

Good to see you in here, M aggro. I met you in the scoreboard chat.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
haiku bob 

haiku bob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:24 pm

Thanks for the room Mike.
I'm good for the rent.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:22 am

Again, welcome. I'm sure everything will be just fine.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
PieClive Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:57 am

I endorse RandCorp's comments about FTO and Nick's Board.

Apart from an increase in traffic why should there be any problems ? A lot of FTO posters also post on Nick's board, Hotrod's board and Sly's board - some more than others.

If you're an FTO'er posting here for the first time, post under the same rules that FTO applied. If you were the type of poster that breached those rules then Flo would have given you the flick - I don't think he had to do it to too many - and if you want to breach those sort of rules when posting here - you probably deserve to get the flick from here too.

Support the people that set up and run these boards and look forward to a great season.

GO PIES 2003 !

rand corp 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:29 am

G'day Donny,
Thanks for that.
Looking forward to a big year.

We were on recon in a steaming Mekong delta, a momentary lapse of concentration allowed Charlie to get the drop on us. I spent the next three years in a POW camp, forced to subsist on a thin stew of four kinds of rice. I came close to madness trying to find it here in the States, but they just cant get the spices right...
Woey 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:06 pm

Mike,

Thanks for the welcome and for setting up a forum that allows all we Pies supporters to let ourselves be heard.

I've been visiting this site and FTO for a while, although this is my first post (I'm assuming the first of many).

Thanks again for providing an outlet for people, like myself, to speak freely and openly, and without fear of too much retribution, about the greatest institution in the known world, Collingwood Football Club....

Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:36 pm

As everyone else has said, Thanks for the welcome. As one era has gone for some (FTO), a new one has begun & Nick's will be the place to be in 2003! (no rhyme intended )
Everyone is Collingwood here so there shouldn't be any worries!!

I'm a man, I'ma make a new plan
Time for me to just stand up, and travel new land
Time to really just take matters into my own hands...
EMINEM - 8 MILE ROAD
*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:52 pm

WELCOME DUDES!!!! U will luv it here im sure, its the best!!
Luv Rach!!xoxox

*OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE AND THATS WOT ITS ALL ABOUT*

RyAn LoNiE Is SoOoOoOo HoT! I wAnNa mArRy HiM!
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:00 pm

If ya are ever bored, just PM me or MissMagpie_20 or Peppermint Pattie and we will gladly give you the password to The Bored Board lolz. it is a lot of fun and has cool as things to do!
And you can talk about watever ya want!

WELCOME ALL!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

My SoNg Of ThE wEeK

"Face to face, Out in the heat, Hanging tough, Staying hungry, They stack the odds still we take to the street, For the kill with the skill to survive, It's the eye of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight, Rising up to the challenge of our rival, And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night, And he's watching us all with the eye of a tiger"
*Eye Of The Tiger- Survivor*
One Of The Best Days Of My Life- December 17th, 2002! I love you Jarrod Molloy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: