Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nicks is going to get a whole lot busier

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting viewpoint Rohan, considering that the person who raised the issue of 'rivalry' in the first place was you.

Keep trying, you never know, you might get an argument started eventually.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:15 pm

don't worry Mike, i think it's that trolling time of the day for Ro. he's doing a bit of baiting on Hotrod's board right now as well.

Ro, nobody denies that the loss of FTO is a massive blow to the collingwood community. it's a tragedy.

leave it at that and keep this thread as a chance for FTO 'refugees' to introduce themselves to the Nick's board community.

[This message has been edited by stik35 (edited 06 February 2003).]
The Zapper 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:20 pm

I am grateful to Nicks and EB&W as I was to FTO to keep me informed and to provide a platform to voice my opinions on everything that is Collingwood.

We have lost one damn good site, and remember this time last year we almost lost Nicks.

The Collingwood community cannot afford to keep losing quality sites.

Thanks to all who run them.....

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:29 pm

Ro
quote:
Tell me one website that offers timely and accurate statistics, player reports, match reports and photographs?

m8 buckley surfers do a good job, not as much eye candy as the FTO but a good site none the less.
find them here: http://buckleysurfers.magpies.net/
and for you guys that are new to Nicks BB, you can find a few Collingwood related sites here: http://www.magpies.net/

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOREVER! AND THEN SOME!!

MagpieMad
http://magpiemad.magpies.net/
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:32 pm

not really assasin but it was a bit like a family on that board, and it ranged from very heated discussion to totally agreeance, much like you have hear but not always as polite. Hard to explain the differance but it is a fair loss to all of us as many have already said.

MacedonianMarvel35 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:00 pm

i really pitty you assasin.

you missed out on the legend that was FTO through your own incompetence. moments like these come once in a lifetime and your stuborness left you waining.

Thats all, carry on.

Who had frankie pentanglie killed?

GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:02 pm

Welcome to Nick's all the FTO folk. While FTO was a great site unfortunately it is now gone so let us look to the positives. I hope the wide ranging discussions and diversity of opinions continue on this site, as well as the friendships that Tess talked about. Said it before and have to say to again, get BeHeard over here, he calls a dud a dud and has a great point of view. Special welcome to Pies Rock who I think also is a great read.

funkster05 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:55 pm

G'day all.

This is my first post here at Nick's and I'd like to take the opportunity to express my regret that FTO has shut down, but also be thankful that there are other good collingwood internet communities that exist.

I haven't posted here before, but I have visited the live chat during matches (which is a great feature). The reason that I haven't posted here in the past isn't because I thought FTO was better than Nick's, but simply because I pretty much stuck to what I was familiar with.

Congrats Mike on a great site, and g'day to all the Mods on Nick's (some of you I have seen elsewhere).

Cheers and Go Pies for 2003

Stan Magro 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:05 pm

Howdy everyone here at Nicks, like most on this topic this is my first post here as well was formely Bucks5 on FTO, have visted this site on many occasions in the last 2 years but never posted I enjoyed reading a lot of the posts on this message board, I am dissapointed FTO has closed it's doors the thing that has disappointed me most was the way it was done without any warning at all but I suppose thats the way most things are done these days.
It's great that Nicks is still going and I'm glad I can be a part of it.

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:25 pm

LOL........RO! You're back! I too look ever so forward to devouring your posts once again on Nicks!

Keep stirring the pot!

I have not posted here much in the last 6 months and I guess I, too am another FTO refugee...but have also been a regular poster on here. I have to agree with Pies Rock's post about the critcism factor and the 'having an opinion' factor.....that's what I'll miss....to be able to express myself without being HUNG!

BTW......Geez....Didak has become a popular boy in my absence...lots of 4's going round and it's marvellous to see!

"SUCH IS LIFE!"
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:47 pm

A bit like comparing the Tolkien printed trilogy to the movies.

Yes I'm still around, just been very busy with my new teaching appointment. Refugees! PUT THEM IN A DETENTION CENTRE!!!

Kidding

Welcome to Nicks all you Iraqistanis...

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:24 pm

Someone asked what was FTO like..............well I live in Adelaide and come over to melbourne 4 or 5 times a year. Most of the refugees that are now commenting here , I have met and cuddled.........like long lost cousins. We were a family on FTO, remember when my daughter no 1 had her baby.....and daughter no 2 got married in fiji...as a great surprise to us all.......whenever something important happened in our lives, we could talk about it on FTO.
Its great to see all the good names continueing on.....Colt, Culprit, Stunning Steve Mcgee, Dids, Magpira Foxy, Bartros, Larrikin, Pie Clive and so on and so on.
When Tessa gave her grandfinal ballot ticket to me, I was over the moon......but what about Mr J who never Behaves?.......well a colourful character from canberra had his ticket already, so gave up his season ticket for Mr J to get a standing room ticket at the GF.
This is a little insight to FTO.
I hope that Nicks will not mind the family of refugees expanding to include all of nicks as well.
I am so looking forward to the start of this season..........and with all the new people on Nicks to meet.....well I guess Mr J and myself will have to travel to Melbourne more often in the coming year!

GO PIES IN 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:25 pm

WHOOPS!!!!!!
I forgot to mention Tessa....but we all love her!

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:38 pm

Well In all my time here I have felt that we have had a pretty good thing going here and very much feel like a great big family, sadly FTO is no more but Happily the family here at Nicks has just gotten a whole lot bigger...look forward to moderating the hell out of all of your posts and pretty much eventualy ticking everybody off by being completely biased, unapproachable and rude in the way I moderate, so just before you PM me and complain after I moderate one of your posts, know this in advance, I DON'T CARE!!!!!!.....and if you actually really know me, you would know that I am completely not serious...lol.....

WELCOME EVERYONE!!!! Can't wait to share th passion with the new family members

Cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)

[This message has been edited by Northern Pie (edited 07 February 2003).]
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:17 am

Welcome all FTO'ers. Sad to hear about FTO though, a real loss. Anyway, we will do out best to accomodate your feelings and your opinions, I'm sure that goes for the mods and the general users. I think a little patience will be needed on both sides, but I'm sure everything will work out alright. Anyway, UP THE MIGHTY MAGGIES, and post away.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 07 February 2003).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: