Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nicks is going to get a whole lot busier

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murray 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand by both and am open to debate on either.
Lets get into it then

DISCLAIMER - If any of my posts are contrary to the views of Mike or any of the other Mods then my views and opinions are to be totally ignored.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:55 am

fan4collingwood, m8 on the front page of the BB there's a add for afl and sports video's, if you purchase a video through that link this site will make a bit of cash off each sale. so if your in the market for some vids use that link to buy some
The magpie mail option is a good one too, you get three of the best email address going: yourname@magpies.net, yourname@go-pies.com and yourname@mighty-magpies.com all for only $10 a year.

MagpieMad
http://magpiemad.magpies.net/
Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:55 am

welcome all the FTO's - a unique site and will be very sorely missed.

please don't get off on the wrong foot, it'd be great to have everyone involved in discussions on nicks, that's it's primary purpose, and you may well need to create something to replace the other elements of FTO, but as a discussion board, it's not bad IMO

appart from what Rohan and Murray might suggest, not all our discussions revolve around Tarrants latest girlfriend, or whether or not Nick Davis has turned into a devil since he moved to sydney

anyway, enjoy the site, I'm sure having you guys here will only make it stronger.

- Ben

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:04 am

Big Footy, AFL part of the site is a joke and for very sad people.....lmao I feel ashamed that i used to post there when i think of all the low life people that "live" there,

The soccer section is pretty cool though

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:26 am

It is sad fto has gone but things cost time and money good luck flo,bluto,pinto.We are lucky nicks is still available to be able to write about our great club COLLINGWOOD.I hope this site doesnt become fto v nicks as each site has it pros and cons lets use the site what it is meant for talking and saying your opinions about the greatest club in australia "COLLINGWOOD"

chalky 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:04 am

whoa! just got back from o/s and no FTO!Used to always visit here but never posted. Looking forward to the new opinions and debate that will no doubt be generated in the weeks to come.Wore my Magpies cap through SEAsia, spotted other Collingwood supporters everywhere!
Some great training reports already, you guys are amazing ,keep it up Bring on the real stuff! can't wait. cheers

Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:05 am

Ive been a member on both here and FTO for a few seasons now and it always dissapoints me to see the stupid rivalry between Pie sites that comes about due to certain 'pests'.

We are all behind the same cause, we all should be able to visit each others sites and support each other without trying to 'outdo' each other all the time. Im a bit of a message board whore so Id like to think I have some insight into some of the bickering that went on.
With FTO being a bit of a 'new kid on the block' when it started so to speak it did draw some unnessecary 'competition' from other sites I feel. Anyhow..

Looking forward to contributing some more posts on here than I normally do!

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:12 am

exactly Locks, well said.

trying to instil rivalry between Pie sites is a waste of everybody's time, pure and simple.

Stunning Steve McKee Libra

Clearances not Hit Outs are the Key

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:24 am

G'day all, my first post Nick's (another FTO refugee), and after reading the last 5 pages I cannot believe why people (especially adults ?) are resorting to the mindless abuse.

Be greatful of this site (thanks Mike) as people were happy with the former FTO.

REMEMBER we are all Black & White, are no-one's OPINION is ever wrong.

Mike & Co. if I can help with any info especially Williamstown FC feel free to contact me.

Never swap a small for tall !
colt Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:29 am

Hello everyone, yes you can add another refugee to Nick's.
Hope to have as much fun on this board.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:56 am

Another refugee even though I have used this board never registered. Well I am Registered and I am not interested in who says what about a former site. Life moves on especially with Nick's.

kurtman24 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:33 am

Likewise another FTO refugee although I have read this board for years. I endorse SSMcK's comments and look forward to some great discussion on Nick's.

silf85 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:02 am

I am another FTO refugee but have been reading Nick's Board even before FTO was set up.
As Culprit said FTO is gone. Time to move on and I look forward to this coming season with great hope for a flag!

Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:35 am

Geez, I haven't posted on here for ages, but it looks pretty sweet. The best thing about FTO was the fact that you could always have a forthright opinion on a certain player. I just hope that continues here. Blind faith is good for no one. If a player deserves to be bagged or the side does, please let it be.
The kick ass 'tude of FTO let you do that unlike numerous other boards. I'm not saying constant criticism which is about as useful as a condom between two lesbians, but just opinions without the rose coloured glasses. There are heaps of us who get rather frustrated with this attitude, FTO let you say it how it is without being vehemently attacked by the masses for being a backstabbing turn-coat who should be hung. Look forward to havin a mad year.

Rohan 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:55 am

I find the so-called rivalry between FTO and this site rather petty. IMO it is manufactured by certain people and only exists in their warped minds.

To me there was never rivalry. The two websites were totally different and catered for totally different markets.

The Collingwood Website community is poorer because of FTO’s absence. Tell me one website that offers timely and accurate statistics, player reports, match reports and photographs?

Absolutely 0! We’re not talking about a rivalry between two messageboards. We are talking about the absence of a great service to the Collingwood community

XOXOXOXOX!

The poster formerly known as Rohan Coventry Tateson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: