Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nicks is going to get a whole lot busier

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ok a few facts for you FTO dewds, just as the FTO was an expensive site to run so is this site, which Mike wholey and soley pays for, the work load of running it since 1995 till this time last year was his!
We as Nicks Bulletiin Board will welcome you all to "our" comunity and hope you enjoy it. BUT do not come in here think its the FTO, its not, some of us have been using Nicks before the FTO even existed, you respect us and we will do like wise.
for some of you this is an emotional time, we uderstand that, but just as the FTO would not tolerate people slagging it off neither will we tolerate it.

http://magpiemad.magpies.net/
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:09 pm

ok, could we not turn this into some bloody FTO vs. Nick's board thread.

to all the FTO refugees (i'm one of them as well!), welcome. we're all collingwood here.

no dramas.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:21 pm

I apologise if what I posted sounded harsh and inconsiderate. My concern and responsibility is Nick's and surviving the change.

I'm not sure what I said that was so unfeeling. Let me rephrase it.

We welcome all those people who need a Magpie home and are prepared to give us a try.

We don't welcome people who are just using this site as a convenient place to organise a replacement.

If you fit into the second group and feel hard done by, I don't apologise - in fact you should be apologising. If you don't fit into that group then all I've done is welcome you.

Don't forget that we were just getting on with minding our own business when all this happened.

None of this applies to Rohan who is tolerated but never welcome.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:27 pm

Welcome back Rohan. You must love it being back here.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:38 pm

Fair reply Mike. I take on board your sensible comments. Tessa, no one has blamed Nick or Mike for FTO's demise mate! Where did you get that idea from? Please quote anyone who has blamed anyone here?
Foxy, I'm guessing that you are you the very same Foxy that was on FTO and at the Cricketer's? With you around dude, there will no problems here, you are the bloody greatest Smile A real top bloke.
Thanks for the welcome to ex FTO's to Nick's too. Appreciate it.

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!

Lazza

[This message has been edited by Lazza (edited 05 February 2003).]
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:46 pm

Welcome everybody!!!!

Its nice to see the new faces in the place.
hope you enjoy a long and enjoyable stay!

howdy roh!

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:51 pm

yep larry, that's me! welcome again.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:57 pm

Welcome to all refugees of FTO..

I sympathise with you...I know how bad you must be feeling as we had a similar experience last year....We pulled thru.....and so will you....

If you want to be respected.... respect this board... most of all Mike as without him we wouldnt be here...

I would like to see how.... some of you that have shown total disrespect for the board and Mike.... would like it if the persons three streets down whose house burnt down invaded your own home and arrogantly expected to be welcomed would react....

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(2003...onwards to glory!)
Rohan 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:11 pm

Love it Craig. Did the odd post on FTO and browsed this forum quite a lot so I haven't left it as such.

I just feel I couldn't add anything to the site as my knowledge of Lonie and Tarrant's love life is rather limited.

XOXOXOXOX !!!

The poster formerly known as Rohan Coventry Tateson

[This message has been edited by Rohan (edited 05 February 2003).]

Rosewall Woman 3 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:28 pm

Welcome all. Many posters have been on FTO, EB&W and here for some time. Many attend the Cricketers pre match and will continue to do so.

How is Nick's coping with the extra traffic??? Do you need Moderators??? Seems that there will be a few around with time on their hands now FTO has shut its doors, maybe some can put their hands up???

Again welcome to any FTO refugees, or any newcomers, and GO PIES!!

Murray 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:24 am

Love ya work Rohan,
At least I welcome you back (even though you have never really left).
Your posts are exactly what we need more of around her. Keep up the great work.

DISCLAIMER - If any of my posts are contrary to the views of Mike or any of the other Mods then my views and opinions are to be totally ignored.

[This message has been edited by Murray (edited 06 February 2003).]

Murray 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:30 am

Whoa Lazza,
Be careful you will get hit with a lightning bolt and the wrath of Khan will decend on you.
For what it is worth - welcome brother. I aslo posted at FTO and really enjoyed the openness of the site. Mike runs a very tight ship here but he is generally quite fair.
He will have no hesitation censoring you if you say anything he doesn't like. The mods are sometimes trigger happy but in general they are OK too. Enjoy it really can be fun around here at times.
And like you say it is COLLINGWOOD that we are all about.

DISCLAIMER - If any of my posts are contrary to the views of Mike or any of the other Mods then my views and opinions are to be totally ignored.

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:50 am

Mike, with the extra traffic here on nicks now.......could you let us know what to do to help with the costs. I see that a magpies email address is one thing....is there any other that we can do so the costs don't get out of hand.

ps.......I'll buy you a drink at the cricketers if you go there, on one of my visits to Melbourne.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:16 am

Rohan said:
quote:
I just feel I couldn't add anything to the site as my knowledge of Lonie and Tarrant's love life is rather limited

What are you doing in the Chicks Channel?

This Forum may not at times have the mature feel about it like FTO, but there's nothing wrong with the younger group using the bored board or CC as an avenue to voice their opinions. I think you'd find that the General Discussion forum can be very good reading
(I think I've been fair, some people would find that comment insulting).

Hands up if you like BigFooty.

Go Pies!
Go Pies 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:22 am

Just so that you know the snakes in your grass.

Read the post above by Murray

and then read the post below by Murray (from Big Footy)

nothing two faced about Murray.
quote:
MarkT you are absolutely right about the closing of FTO being a huge loss. I loved the site it was open, encouraged FREE discussion and the moderators only stepped in when absolutely necessary

In addition you are spot on about Nicks BB.
Mike who runs it and the moderators have their favorites and if you are not in that group your posts will be heavily censored.
Take the Nick Davis issue, everyone knew he was going to Sydney well before it happened but the topic was not allowed to be discussed at Nicks. After Davis left posters were allowed to call him a pr.ick an ar.se.hole and anything else they liked. Hypocrosy runs deep at Nicks.
MarkT I think you and I may be on opposite ends of the political spectrum, but here and at FTO we could have openly discussed such issues. On Nicks as soon as one starts to discuss anything slightly controversial Ceasar and his disciples hit you hard.
But what the hell I still posts there I get a good laugh out of the way they try to sell hypocrisy as being "Good for Collingwood"

Yep I will surely miss FTO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: