Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nicks is going to get a whole lot busier

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

is their any way that us FTO refugees can get together and rebuild FTO. Surely if the workload was spread between 20 or so people rather than one it would be much easier. Kinda feels empty without the site being there.

Rohan 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:17 am

I agree D9.

The official Collingwood Website is pathetic. IMO the CFC should be fostering a community Website run by the community and thus it should be based along the lines of FTO.

Get 20 to 30 odd people to put their hand up financially and with their time. I would be willing.

The poster formerly known as Rohan Coventry Tateson

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:21 am

I will be emailing Collingwood Football Club with a request to expand the "VOICE FROM THE OUTER" to make it VOICES......and ask that there be a message board included on their site, and especially a place for the great budding journos that FTO has sprouted.

Nicks is great as a message board......but all that extra "from ther heart" reporting......and player by player rundown will be missed greatly!

[This message has been edited by fan4collingwood (edited 05 February 2003).]
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:47 am

For a lot of you 'From the Outer' was your Magpie home and the sudden loss of that home is going to be hard to take for a while. Those of you who would like to join us, welcome to the oldest Collingwood and aussie rules community on the internet. This is going to be a difficult time as the two communities try and get used to each other, but we're all Collingwood here and we've done it before... so we'll do it again.

For those of you who are only interested in using Nick's to organise a replacement for FTO. Do it quickly and piss off, because we won't put up with it for long. Never forget that just as FTO was your Magpie home, this is ours, we value it and if you don't, we don't want you here.

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:03 pm

Mike, I do not mean any disrespect to Nicks in any way whatsover. I have been reading Nicks and listening intently to the live scoreboard for a long time now, and apprieciate Nicks immensely.
I am just looking for a place the talent that FTO inspired can continue to grow.

BigMac 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:13 pm

WOW! is all I can say.

But here we are, and let's get on with it at Nick's.

We're only a few weeks away from kicking the shit out of the competition in Season 2003, and there's too much to discuss than just the closing of FTO.

One door closes, but another opens.

PS - thanks for having me!

When you control the mail, you control information.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:49 pm

Sorry f4c, I didn't mean to pick on you. I saw a trend developing that I reacted to. Although I stand by what I said I do realise that it's a huge loss for you guys and that there is going to be a big hole to fill for you. If Nick's can do it for you, welcome.

I can't resist adding though... MacedonianMarvel35 - we made the shoes.

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 05 February 2003).]
Slayer 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:06 pm

Im another blowin who used to lurk here without adding much.
BUt now Im registered and look forward to the year, goodbye to FTO - will be missed, and hello to NIcks regulars.

The only way to discover the limits of the possible, is to go beyond them, to the impossible.
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:27 pm

Mike

I have had the fortunate experience of using both Nicks and FTO and I really don't think today was the time for a post with such a harsh tone.

You do a great job here with the board and the site and those involved did a great job on FTO but come on - when it comes down to it we are all Collingwood, but really the world would be a better place if there was some decorum please!

Jenelle

--
Floreat Pica
BRING BACK NED!
"This is a man's world
But it would be nothing
Without a woman or a girl"
Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:39 pm

Wooo there Lorelei. Mike has every right to get upset if people decide to use this place as only a "rest stop" while they try to attain something "better".
I've been on both nicks and FTO for 2 + years, and I'll tell you now, that the people who started posting here, then left for FTO never to post here again, will still be welcomed back. Believe me, there's plenty of them.
To then post that they want to re-start FTO, not that anyone could actually achieve that standard of work, here smacks of opportunism.
Just a thought, if anyone wishes to restart FTO, go for it, but make it VERY quick. I don't believe that FTO can be restarted. Lets face it, they had a lot of people moderating, storywriting and submitting graphics and it still became to much. Add to that, Flo is one of a kind, any attempt seems doomed without him.

-Craig

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:50 pm

Exactly. That is why that response was unwarranted when it cannot seriously be fathomable to think ANYONE could create another FTO! ... or Nicks BB for that matter!!

Good luck to the ideas floating around and anyone who attempts it but seriously it is called emotion and today was one that was so filled with it that I think we should all be a bit realistic. A few posts here and there regarding something that is Collingwood related and there is a reply from Mike with that tone and then scroll down to read three pages on Columbia on a Collingwood forum and nothing gets said.

Where is the sense in that?

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
BRING BACK NED!
"This is a man's world
But it would be nothing
Without a woman or a girl"
MacedonianMarvel35 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:22 pm

Mike - you may have made the shoes, but doing them justice is anyother thing.

Seems as though we got of on the wrong foot, we are all collingwood here so there's no need for the "in-fighting". This is my first time on a magpie supporter site other than FTO, so forgive me throwing down the gauntlet.

Who had frankie pentanglie killed?

Rohan 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:29 pm

Where is the community spirit Mike?

The poster formerly known as Rohan Coventry Tateson

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:43 pm

Mike dude,

I'm a very reasonable poster but your attitide really sucked a lot. We newbies are still in deep shock about FTO, please try and empathise with that. Still getting used to the "feel" of Nick's board in comparison to FTO. Please forgive us for taking some time. We are trying very hard to fit in. Like it has been already said, we have ONE unnifying thing in common, we are all Collingwood. Lets just take a deep breath, relax and start getting on together. If Nick & the Moderators here dont think this is fair & dont want us around,let us former FTO's know quickly so that we can go somewhere else. But keep the nasty stuff aside Mick, even for a few days. Patience is the key.

Thank you dude, take it easy.

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!

Lazza (formerly Larrikin on FTO)
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:48 pm

Oh Man! FTO was awesome... sorry to hear it's closed...
It was a mad site....

and welcome to anyone whos new to nicks.

"The Collingwood Magpies are not a football team, they are a way of life."

"THE GAME AIN'T OVER TIL SIMON SAYS"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: