Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies should focus on premiership, not Thomas

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:13 pm
Post subject: Pies should focus on premiership, not ThomasReply with quote

Quote:
Collingwood’s Dale Thomas is the player on the Greater Western Sydney radar, after it was recently revealed that he was the Number One target of the Giants, Sheedy has identified that the premiership stars’ marketability and skills are enough to see him as a wanted man by the Giants. The focus has shifted from other premiership stars in Scott Pendlebury, and the recently signed Dane Swan.

the Pies have managed to secure premiership stars Swan and O’Brien already to contracts, and by all reports they are close to signing Scott Pendlebury to a contract, according to Player Manager of Pendlebury’s Liam Pickering. Pickering was interviewed at half time of the Collingwood/Port Adelaide game about whether or not Dane Swan had gotten a bigger payday for staying loyal to Collingwood.

Thomas now faces the same challenge as former Geelong Premiership player Garry Ablett Junior, Ablett was the focus of speculation all season on whether or not he’d leave, questions were asked repeatedly to former coach Mark Thompson.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/?p=724

My latest article, this time, it's on the front page of Nick's. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The flag is the priority, to state the bleeding obvious., but we cannot afford to lose Daisy, and i dont think we will.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:20 pm

Sorry Pies, I can't agree, while Daisy is a brilliant player, he is not the lynchpin that drives this team. We can cover him.

We can't cover Toovey. Eddie make sure he is locked in until 2013!!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:22 pm

^ Aw Nick, hes my fave player, I will be a very,very pissed off little magpie if he flies the nest.!!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:27 pm

I'm sure we'll have learnt from Geelong's mistakes.

The point is that if Thomas makes his decision to go...or refuses to announce his decision...it makes no difference to our 2011 campaign.

Too many people inside Geelong's camp criticised Gary for his decision. Ultimately, anyone in his position would've left.

Focus on 2011. If Daisy decides to leave, we'll deal with it in the off-season. The best we can do is put the best possible offer on the table for Dale, make the strongest case possible and hope his loyalty shines through.

I doubt Thomas will drop off in terms of his form due to this. He has another premiership to win.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:51 pm

THe focus IS on the premiership.

The rest is media waffle.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:16 pm

Wasn't my best piece, I must say.

Bit of writers block, ruined it in a way I couldn't think of a decent title....so yeah, wasn't my greatest.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:36 pm

You cant really compare Thomas with the Ablett situation. The coach-player relationship had completely broken down. It would have been a much harder decision for Ablett if Thompson had jumped ship first.

Unless Daisy & Bucks dont get along, which doesn't seem to be the case, the only issue is money & the captaincy. In every other category, we are streets ahead.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:42 pm

Daisy will always give 100 per cent, regardless of who he's playing for. It's in his DNA. To stay a Pie he's going to have to turn down a shit load of money, so I just hope he can find enough other reasons to remain with Collingwood.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:45 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Daisy will always give 100 per cent, regardless of who he's playing for. It's in his DNA. To stay a Pie he's going to have to turn down a shit load of money, so I just hope he can find enough other reasons to remain with Collingwood.

Thats it in a nutshell. He knows we cant match the money, same as Geelong with Ablett.

It will come down to all the extras that go with being a Collingwood champion & winning multiple premierships.

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:30 pm

Steve wrote:
Thanks for the Article Dave.

No problem. Smile Will hope my next one is better. Cool

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:49 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

+1 I doubt we can keep him! On the other hand he has plenty of football ahead with us so I am going to sit back and enjoy it.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:25 am

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
Sorry Pies, I can't agree, while Daisy is a brilliant player, he is not the lynchpin that drives this team. We can cover him.

We can't cover Toovey. Eddie make sure he is locked in until 2013!!

Im afraid to say my friend you are wrong very very wrong!!! This bloke gets this team going and if he does go to that shit mob in Sydney that will be a devastating blow to collingwood!!!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:26 am

Sorry guys stop being sucked in by the media. There is a TV rights deal to be finalised this year. From that deal the players get a slice of the cake with an increase in the salary cap. Thomas and other's are waiting for that to happen and their managers are doing what they are supposed to do and that is to act for in the best interest for their clients and get the best value. Thomas will remain a Pie as will Pendles. We are focussed on the big picture. The media and other clubs are trying to undermine us and Sheedy is all about keeping GWS in the news.
If you are not sure put it this way, the CFC can offer more $$ off the field than what GWS can offer on the field. If it is all about money they will stay. The only reason anyone will leave will be other issues. I said Swan will stay despite the rumours and he signed. Thomas and Pendles will be signed by finals time.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Trouble is, I dont want to lose anybody. Even in the next tier i.e Blair, Wellingham, definately NOT Dawes. I'm bracing myself to lose somebody of value..and I'm not comfortable. Just wish the Pies could somehow factor in any pay deal with the players with a estimated clause for when the tv rights dollars are known. ie. still looking after our players, but letting them sign on now. So that way they will not be distracted from the job ahead (look at the players that sign early and hear their comments as how relieved they are its over with and they can soley concentrate on playing). Also it will give us poor old stiffs, like yours truly, peace of mind and be able to quaff down copious amounts of ginger ale without all the heartburn!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: