Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies to play home games in SYDNEY?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think playing a "home" game against the swans in Syd-a-ney would be a good move. It doesn't have to be a permanent item on the fixture.

Of course I want to see the Pies play in Melbourne as much as possible but we get 18 games a year (minimum), what's wrong with giving our Sydney supporters a bit of a go. Particularly in that market it would only benefit the Pies. If the Club is open and honest about it, gives the members plenty of warning, offers a reduction (or no increase) in the price of memberships because of only 10 "home" games, in a particular season, what could possibly be wrong? And if the AFL were to pay us a bonus or enticement, all the better.

Besides it wouldn't be that hard to attend the game, it's a bit like a trip to Adelaide. I would suggest that Brisbane is a little too far to travel (dees supporters I'd venture would be more upset at losing their home game to Brisbane in Brisbane), but a Saturday night game in Sydney would be great. No loss of time at work to boot.

Like it or not there are not 12 teams in Melbourne anymore, there are not 6 games on a Saturday arvo anymore, there are 6 interstate teams in the competition. It is a positive move to look at growing the supporter base and income stream. We must continue to look at ways of making our Club even greater lest the rest catch up. If it's ok by Eddie and Co, it's ok by me.

Go Pies!
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:34 am

God CQ is it that time of the month for you?????
The AFL and ALL clubs are trying to promote the game Aussie wide,so therefore the PIES are coming to Sydney for their climic.
Are you trying to say that the AFL should keep the footy in Mexico....come on man wake up will you.Our game is a NATIONAL one,not just for Mexicans,so therefore the more promotion the better.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002.
We missed 2002 but theres always 2003
CORPORATE ELBOW 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:35 am

BEING A SYDNEY LOCAL L CANSEE BOTH SIDES OF THIS SPAT

FIRSTLEY SEEING PIES AT THE G AND SCG 2000

BOTH ARE GREAT GROUNDS TO WATCH FOOTBALL

BUT ANZAC DAY 1999 I THINK WITH ROCCA BOOTING 5 IN THE PONSFORD STAND IT IS A SPECIAL PLACE

ON PLAYING GAMES IN SYDNEY IF THE PIES PLAYED THIER HOME GAME AT TELSTRA STADIUM THEN U WOULD SEE 60;000+PPL THERE COLONIAL 35000
MORE PROFIT FOR THE CLUB
3 MILLION PPL LIVE IN THE WESTERN SUBURBS THATS ALOT OF SUPPORTERS TO PICK UP

WEREAS I LOVE TO GO TO MELBOURNE IT'S A NICE TOWN BUT IT AIN'T A WORLD CITY LIKE SYDNEY

LIKE THE SONG GOES

THE WINNER IS SYDNEY

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE !!!!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:11 am

thats right its national, but u still play home games AT HOME.

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:26 am

whats the point of having a home and away season if u dont play HOME games at home????

TARKO TARKO MAN!
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:58 pm

"Home games at home" CQ? Just ask yourself if that happened last year. I believe there were a couple of occasions where our "home" game was not at "home" (considering our home is the G).

Assassin, you speak the most sense I've seen in this thread yet. As far as Melbourne people having passion about their footy, I think the point has been missed. Collingwood people have passion no matter where they live. Get over it Melbournians, Sydneyites, Sth Aussies and Sandgropers! (and whoever else wants to join in).

For those of us unfortunate enough to be born away from most of the pies "home" games, we cherish every second we get with them. Sometimes its once every 2 years! We do not see it as a "god given right" to watch the boys week in week out. To do so places your support for the club above a supporter from interstate. Now that is where you can take your arrogant p.o.v. and jam it!

btw, i've watched footy in all parts of australia and nothing compares to the G for atmosphere. Home games should be where it most advantages our boys to win, not where supporter X from Alienland says it should be. At present I think our best chance of winning is the G or Colonial so IMO that is where home games should be played - not because its a god given right to see them at home in victoria!

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:31 am

CORPORATE ELBOW,

It's obvious you don't know your corporate arse from your corporate elbow if you think Sydney is a "world city" and Melbourne isn't.

World city, my elbow.

Sydney is the arse end of the planet.

Thanks for reigniting the ancient Sydney-Melbourne rivalry with your ill-considered assertion. And if that was some sort of attempt to win any sympathy for the cause of more Collingwood games in Sydney, you've fallen right on your elbow ... and I'd suggest your head is right up the other place ... (i.e. not your elbow)

I've lived in Sydney ... I've lived in Melbourne ...

And Melbourne wins ...

That's why I still live there.

So ... stick it right up your elbow, mate.

GO HARD OR GO HOME
Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" http://alf.magpies.net
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:25 am

The pies will probably make a push for Sydney, getting a game v swans there once a year, more than likely at whatever they call the Olympic Stadium now. Only time we will play Swans in Melb is if we get em twice a year. Makes some sense, as gives Ed and Co a chance to pick up a few Corporate Enterraniment tax write offs!

However, if some eccentric billionaire decide to give the pies several million dollars to play in Sydney, would that be a good idea? Monetary considerations would be important too, but all things being equal, playing any more than Swans away (1 game)would be stupid imo.

Despite the fervour of our Sydney based brethren, Sydney people just dont go to sport on a regular basis like Melbourne folk do, its just the way it is. It's a historical fact, and don't go blah blah blah Olympics..I said 'regularly'! The idea that Sydney folk would be regular attenders (or 40,00 a week of em would) has cost the AFL dearly in prop up money for the Swans.

And as for the 'world city' malarkey, if you don't live in NYC, you live in a country town, end of story!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:52 am

ay blanch, why don't u get a little more pedantic as to where our home is, WOW, its at the G, and we play at colonihole (or telstra dome whatever) we are a MELBOURNE based side, so we play in melbourne, so what if we dont play at the G every week, i have no problems if we play at colonihole, its still in melbourne.
the afl decides the fixture, if we play a home game at colonihole theres barely a mention of it, can you imagine the uproar if the afl decided to schedule a home game for us at sydney? HA! do u see the difference here? cos if u do then there goes your argument right out the window!

TARKO TARKO MAN!
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:20 am

As long as Collingwood plays 18 games in Melbourne...I'm happy....I would be thrilled if all 18 were at the MCG....but you cant win them all...

Additionally Melbourne is the place to be, its the cultural and sporting capital of Australia.....Sydney desperately needs Collingwood....the only way the Pies will play home games in sydney will be on our terms....not the afl....not sydney but eddie and the boys

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
CORPORATE ELBOW 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:57 am

Dr alf

envy is a terrible thing it just eats u up don't it

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE !!!!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:23 am

ha, i very much doubt alf envys you corporate elbow!

TARKO TARKO MAN!
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:18 am

My God Dr.Alf....if you are gonna bring cities into it.....dont open a can of worms you moron....I lived in Melbourne until 1969,I came up to Sydney and have been here ever since.I have returned to Mexico for a funeral and to a Sales Seminar.Both days in the middle of summer and the temp was 17 degrees and it was WET....call that summer.
Sydney and Melbourne both have their good and bad points,both have more than the other....but lets be truthful,even if you DONT want to admit is,we all follow the same footy team,we both breathe,we both get out of bed in the morning,some of us work,some of us are forced onto the scrap heap,but at least we live in AUSTRALIA.
This is the best country in the world....even if we have a Government that think differently.....and I am proud to call myself an australian and I am proud to call myself a New South Welshman.....so go bite your bum!!!!!!!

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002.
We missed 2002 but theres always 2003
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:30 am

There's no Melbourne-sydney rivalry. Everyone knows Melbourne is better.
Too late Pete, the can's open, and Mr. Corporate Elbow opened it

Go Pies!
Dromana Boy 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:29 am

Gee Peter, I think you are pretty brave in calling Dr Alf a moron.

If that's all there is my friend, then lets keep dancing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: