Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

DTM VFL Practise Match Report vs Bendigo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:17 pm
Post subject: DTM VFL Practise Match Report vs BendigoReply with quote

Went to the VFL Game This Afternoon. Most of the AFL players Played so was good to see the new Kids.

Player Reports on what I saw

Ceglar - Was quite impressed with him Today. Played mostly as a Tall Forward and Kicked 2 Goals from 2 Set Shots. Also showed good Mobilty and Quite Quick for a 200cm + Player even Laying an Open Field Tackle. Did a little bit in the Ruck where he did win some hitouts
Gordon - Played FB and started quite well but got a bit loose on his man late in the game. His kicking can be very damaging but he also has some Shocking Kicks. Also Loved he Sheapred a Player and put it on his Ass
Reilly - He played at CHF and did some good things by leading Strongly and Showed some good skills at Ground Level even Kicking a Crumbers goal in the 1st QTR.
Farmer - Tagged Remiers out of the Game with also kicking a Goal himself
Fasolo - This kid keeps on Impressing. Got alot of the Ball and Disposed of it well, Moved well through Traffic and Good Kick. Showed some Potential Leadership as he was very talkative on the Ground
Dick - Was a Bit Quite but used the Ball Well
Stubbs - Did not really Notice Him
McNamra - Still looks lost at times
Rounds - Was Good and Good Disposal
Wood - Got Better as the Game Went on but Still can be Soft at Times like not going for a Big Pack mark and just staying Down

Ugle and Seedsman did not play

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity Dave...who won?
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Frost play?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:04 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Just out of curiosity Dave...who won?

I think Bendgo but no Idea

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:49 pm

Got the Score

Collingwood triumph by 31 points, 15.9 (99) to Bendigo 10.8 (6Cool.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:56 am

Cool, thanks Dave.

Gives me a bit of hope against Bendigo for this year. Lost by 5 goals to them in Round 3 last year, and unlucky to go down by 8 points in Round 16.

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:35 pm

reilly injured his ankle in like the 3rd qtr or 4th qtr. dave what was it i cant remember.

Fasolo- reminds me alot of dale thomas. the way he plays and is wanting to put his body on the line.

dick and ceglar were playing their 1st game from injury so i didnt expect much from them. but dick looks good. ceglar is skinny nd needs to baulk up more. give him 2 years in the gym and watch him dominate in his 3rd year.

rounds- should be playing afl, but due to our side he has to be playing vfl.

stubbs can stay on the rookie list for 2 years. he will be lucky to be on afl list. not a good game by the stubbies again

wood always go for the touch in ruck contest if a oppostion player does notmake contact with wood, he gets lost and will loose the ruck contest mainly in boundry throw in. in last qtr he showed something but it was game over by then. took a good pack mark
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Did Perham play?
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:23 pm

stubbs is on the main list
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:03 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Did Perham play?

Nope, He watched it though

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:04 pm

MJ23 wrote:
stubbs is on the main list

my bad. plays like he should be on rookie list. but its his 1st year so give him lead way. he will learn what his mistakes are and improve with the amount of games he plays.

at 1 stage tarks was yelling out to stubbs to push back into back line of centre.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:05 pm

Fire Up wrote:
reilly injured his ankle in like the 3rd qtr or 4th qtr. dave what was it i cant remember.

Was the 4th but he looked okay after the Game

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:10 pm

Here is a In Depth Review from BigFooty:

Quote:
Scores were

Collingwood 5.2, 1.3, 4.1, 5.3 (99)

defeated

Bendigo 3.1, 3.3, 2.3, 2.3 (6Cool

My thoughts on your AFL listed guys (obviously may get some mixed up, and just my opinions so please dont rip into me )

Jye Bolton (4Cool: Super impressed with Jye down back, played a lot on the last line, but tried to run and create and did a few nice searching runs. His kicking was a feature, at one stage hitting 41 (Daniel Farmer?) on the chest on the 45 degree angle from the back pocket which allowed Collingwood to transfer play and ultimately kick a goal (after J - Mac missed one). He is certainly one that looks a likely type and is a good size about him to.

Johnathan Ceglar (29): As TradeDraft said, he was bloody impressive. Yes, yes he was. Super athletic for a big man and showed this with a couple of very strong F50 tackles and one on the wing. Played about 60% up forward with about 10% in the ruck but certainly shows he has something special about him. Looks a natural key forward with his fluent kicking action enabling him to kick a couple of nice long goals. He is more than the steak knives in the trade for Krakouer. he could well be a gold plated diamond ring if he can develop, and develop quickly as the mobile forward/ruckmen is crucial these days. Already 20 years old, so could push for senior selectio come the end of next year perhaps.

Brad Dick (33): Was hardly noticed by myself for most of the day, had a brief period in the first with 3 or 4 quality touches through the midfield and the wings but was very quiet. Has class written all over him though and made sure every touch counted.

Daniel Farmer (41): A good size about him, not sure he 'tagged Reimers out of the game' as some of you may suggest but certainly limited his effect on the game in the second half. Reimers was still probably our best player over the whole period of the game though. As for Farmer, he looks a likely type and not one to shirk a contest either.

Alex Fasolo (35): This kid is going to be a star next to Sidebottom and Beams if that is what he serves up every week. Is a natural smooth moving footballer, knows where to run and uses it extremely well. Probably had it mid teen, possession wise playing mainly across half back with some searching runs forward. The kid can play and would not surprise me at all if he debuted at all this year. The kid can play.

Tyson Goldsack (6): Didnt really notice Tyson, played down back with a couple of forrays forward (might have kicked a massive long goal from outside the 50 with the wind at his back, if anyone can confirm). But yeah, wasnt really looking out for him.

Thomas Gordon (44): Did not notice him.

John McCarthy (3): Was a clear class above everyone else today. Used the ball well for the most part and kicked a lovely long running goal from 40, but then followed it up with a long running... point. A real mixed bag from him. Some may say a standout game, some may say a disappointment, but he certainly was a class above everyone else. Did not tackle a couple of times, and pulled up on a couple of contests. Really not sure where J - Mac is at with his career, you guys think Malthouse rates him highly, I wouldnot know why to be honest..

Shae McNamarra (5): The big dopy yank ey. Was actually alright, threw himself at each contest. Do agree with TradeDraft though, the ball often found him, not vice versa at times, coming from a long way back.

Scott Reed (3Cool: Did a couple of nice things but struggled as most of the forwards did today. Blustery conditions with some light misty drizzle, really not a recipe for good football.

Declan Reilly (46): Did a couple of ok things, but was not looking out for him.

Luke Rounds (14): Was a livewire who could have kicked more than his 2 goals had he have made it to more contests. He looks to have good disposal by foot and is smart around the contest, just his work rate to keep getting to contests could be questioned.

Ben Sinclair (2Cool: In and around the contest for most oof the day, will be keen to see if he can keep this up for the entire season. Was very good with his hardball gets.

Cameron Wood (19): Really struggled against Bellchambers who was easily the dominant big man on the ground up until half time (where he was rested for the second half). Gave young Jenkins a really hard time with honours coming out just in the Pies favour, the midfield around him helped with Collingwood to probably (without looking at the stats) winning the centre clearance. Did a couple of nice things and gave a contest around the ground, but probably failed to get it 10 times for the day to be honest. A long way back from here for young Wood, especially with the very pleasing form of young Ceglar.

Was really looking forward to seeing Josh Thomas (24) play, but that obviously did not eventuate, you guys were the far superior team on the day. A better well drilled side who took the most of your opportunities. The forward 'press' that the senior side was well apparent for your VFL side today with Bendigo really struggling to clear the ball on transition, often leading to a quick kick back inisde 50.

Would say the top 5 players on the ground (for both sides were):

Tom Bellchambers
John McCarthy
Ben Duscher
Johnathan Ceglar
Kyle Reimers

(Obviously a little bit bias, but Farmer did not 'completely tag Reimers out of the game').

Any ways, any questions, feel free to ask and I will try and help out.

I though Gumbleton really, really struggled today. Worked hard but was far to often unrewarded for his hard searching leads. And as for Mark Williams, kicked 2 goals himself, and set up another two, obviously a long way back for him now, but it was hardly worst on ground material as some posters on the Bombers boards suggest.

Any ways guys, thanks and enjoy..

HFF_07

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20492790&postcount=35

accountabilityPlease 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Thanks for these reviews guys. As usual our own bloody web site still doesn't cover these matches well at all and I was stuck in a wankful planning day with a consultant on friday. Apparently if you come up with gimmicks like "appreciative inquiry" you can make a living boring people into a coma!

Really wish they would not play these games at such stupid times.

Great to hear Ceglar and Tricky are back on the park so to speak.

Couldn't agree more re Wood. The phrase list passenger comes to mind ... but I shouldn't say any more as it's just too easy to unload on players in web forums.

When we can lose double-digit players off the list in a post-flag pre-sason and cannot squeeze in guys like Rounds, J. Mc, Maxy, Goldie and more into the senior side, we must be doing something right! I always said, get the recruiting right and everything else takes care of itself Smile No more Rintoul, Morrison, Iles, Cookie monster types for us! Woohooo.

Derek Hine is the most valuable person in footy.

Anyway, speaking of J. Mc, Goldie and also Keeffey amongst others, how did they go?
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:14 am

^^^ keefe didnt play. he was on stand by for the afl.

jmac played good. he has to do alot this year or he will be gone i reckon by seasons end. kicked i think 3 goals as a midfielder.

goldy was playing across half back. kicked 1 goal from about 60 metres. didnt really do alot coming back from his illness, just easing into it, but he did do alot of good things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: