Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

75,000 Reasons Why Social Club Membership Offers Exceptional

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure all you people who are so keen to pay $1,000 for a season of footy will get your wish within the next few years ... because that's where it's surely heading.

As for me, I'm just about priced out now.

I'm downgrading to Season Ticket this year ... plus Cheer Squad, if I can get a reserved seat.

And next year ... who knows?

I once considered footy an essential expense in life. I now see it as a luxury item ... and I'd say the end of my footy watching career is getting close. Two more years max, I'd say.

Those who can afford to pay the ever-increasing cost ... good luck to you. I hope you're happy with the "product".

GO HARD OR GO HOME
Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" http://alf.magpies.net
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:42 pm

You are the future Alf. Footy will surely become a "theatre goer" exercise in the next 5 years.
Already, entitlements that only 10 years ago were part of normal membership, have dissapeared.
Is the club to blame? No, the AFL have carefully manipulated footy until all of the old time pleasures have been eliminated.
Footy is now a TV sport, tailored to meet pay TV demands. Witness also the closed enviroment of Telstra Dome. In 20 years time, everyone will want enclosed sport.
As for the cap on SC membership, it is coming, so sign up now if you need that GF tic.

-Craig

Hurricane 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:45 pm

I think that the social club membership is exceptional value because it is my best way of ensuring that our great club will be around in the future. We may not make the GF every year but I see the extra I pay as a donation to the club.

I paid $650 for my membership and also bought one for my sister for Christmas. Thats $1300 for me and I don't have a problem with it. I am by no means rich but I think for the adrenlin trip it sends me on each week its well worth the money.

Bones 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:47 am

Assasin is correct.
Everyone should have received and read the notice with their statement, besides, anyone with half a brain cell would have realized the coming 2-3 years were going to be tough, seat wise. Especially after the year we had. Don't go blaming the bandwagoners, blame yourselves for just being CAUGHT NAPPING.

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:58 am

Well I sign up for the benefit of the club. I'm a legends memeber. Is it good value for money? no, not good at all but I don't care coz it's my way of helping the club. The fact I get to see them each week in that cost is just a bonus.

Fradam Wrote This
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:36 am

AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED ANYONE WHOS A NEW SOCAIL CLUB MEMBER THIS YEAR IS NOTHING MORE THAN A BANDWAGONER
HANDS UP THOSE WHO HAVE BROUGHT A SOCAIL CLUB MEMBERSHIP FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR ?

magpie1983 Virgo

Alan didaks number 1 fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:46 am

too tell the truth yes i did get a social club membership for the first time this yr. But i was a member last yr anyways so i dont considerer myself a bagwaggon supporter i just dont wanna go though the same trouble like i did last yr to get a ticket

rand corp 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:42 am

Support our Collingwood, keep it strong and make it stronger.

Become a member if you can afford it and if not, at least buy a seasons ticket. If this is your first year, good on you, welcome and thanks for your support and vote of confidence.

It is our club and its strength and very future are up to us. We must continue to financially support our club and continually grow our support base. Otherwise we run the risk of returning to the dark days of recent pasts, or becoming a modern day dinosaur like Carlton, or worse extinct.

The Grand Final ticket situation is not the clubs fault an they should not be damned for it. I think telling people now that they cannot be given a GF ticket was the honourable thing to do.
Unlike the situation at Essendon a few years back, when on the day of their GF tickets going on sale 100's of members began throwing their medallions at promptly closed ticket windows.

We are the best club in the game, the nation, the world and it is ours, make it what you will.

We were on recon in a steaming Mekong delta, a momentary lapse of concentration allowed Charlie to get the drop on us. I spent the next three years in a POW camp, forced to subsist on a thin stew of four kinds of rice. I came close to madness trying to find it here in the States, but they just cant get the spices right...
CORPORATE ELBOW 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:17 am

well interesting replies from the so- called devout followers down there in mexico (Dr Alf)
do l complain living in sydney paying for a social club membership to support the black and white NO i do it gladly
$5 a week
the same whingers then complain about the club TRANSFERING a game to sydney the hide of you

look at it from my perspective and the many other pie supporters around australia

for us to go to the anzac day game this year will cost me $1500. for flights accom crown etc etc

l am happy to because the adrenalin and hype as we kill the bummers will be well worth it
so stop whining over $50 dollars here or there and pay up

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE !!!!

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:32 am

$1500 for a flights, accomodation etc.

Chicken feed.

I'm sure a Corporate Vagina could make that in one shonky transaction on the stock market.

People like you are the reason I'm really starting to hate football.

GO HARD OR GO HOME
Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" http://alf.magpies.net
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:05 am

$1500?

airfairs are about 90 bucks each way these days to and from Sydney - 33 if you get one of those great deals.

tickets - 50 bucks (reserved)(not compeltely sure)

food - 50 bucks

accomodation - 1200? for one night? man - come stay at my house, I'll only charge 500!!

I'd feel more sympathetic if you weren't staying at crown, maybe a nice hotel, 60 bucks a night?

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:48 pm

Bandwagon jumper, get stuffed.

I have supported Colingwood for 40 years. Lived in the UK for the past 16 years and now live in Melbourne and bought three memberships for my wife, daughter and I.

CORPORATE ELBOW 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:50 am

that is a bit nasty try taking a fam of 4 for 4 days to sunny krakow bit of shopping etc etc see what your left with

as for bandwagon i got on it 30 years ago now my 4 year old he just got on so u can call him that
it is amazing that u have a certain richmond quality about you
if u can't afford it the don't whinge in your fitzroy ghetto
l live interstate pay social club membership for 7 years maybe makeit to 2 games a year and am happy to do so so stop bitchin and moaning over a few extra $$$$

if u ever get in to the social club maybe l'll give u a corporate elbow

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE !!!!

paulie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:23 am

Let me get this straight because i upgraded my membership this season I am Offically a bandwagon supporter.So the many years when i was a season ticket holder and reserve seat holder and Cheer squad member at Victoria Park don't count.The number of years i have been a season ticket holder don't actually count.The fact this is the first year where I can actually afford to be a Social Club member that also means ziltch.We are all Collingwood supporters here who at times will support the Club finacelly and emotionally depending on our circumstances.By the way I bought my membership on the 31st of January so i am not guarateed a Grand Final ticket if we make it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: