Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Member get Member?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie24 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:05 am
Post subject: Member get Member?Reply with quote

Just wondering if anybody takes an interest in putting pressure on thier friends to join the CLUB?
So far i have signed up 6 new Members,all it takes is a little push in the right direction.

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR OWN WAY*****
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i sure ashell do m8, i know heaps of people that were not members and i have talked them into joining up this year, i dont see anything wrong with that.

footy ROX!
mka 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:59 pm

Why bother. last season it was advertised that collingwood would giv a signed jumper to members that got 5 friends to get legends membership deals. We he got me to get 4 and he got one in his grand daughters name. this = 5
we have rung, written etc and best we got was november last year and they were still looking into it. They still have not replied to our requests.
We have oth told them to stick their memberships as we are dirty on this. I am now a magpies supporter who will watch fox footy.

CAAS 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:09 am

I will have 3 extras so far this year, possibly more.

5 Cougars thanks
Murray 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:00 am

mka - If that happened then I think it is just not good enough. Try and contact Anthony Trainor (memberships) or write to the great man himself, I am sure either will fix it.

DISCLAIMER - If any of my posts are contrary to the views of Mike or any of the other Mods then my views and opinions are to be totally ignored.

magpie24 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:19 am

Mka,I hope your not right cos i have been striving for the Jumper signed by the players.
Six signed up members with my medallion number on their application forms should see me thru, bloody hope so!

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR OWN WAY*****
mka 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:02 am

I have spoken to anthony trainer on two occassions about this and myself and my brother have written 3 letters re our supposedly free jumper.
this has been goiong on sinse last season and no satisfaction. Last thing we were told by trainer is it was being looked injto. this was last november

Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:10 pm

Stick with it mka. Large organisations like CFC move at incredibly slow speed when things have no relationship to the core business.
As for not renewing your membership, well, your right as an australian citizen, but really...did you sign up in the first place to recieve a prize? Did you only try and sign other people, and bring the joy of Collingwood to their lives, because of a measly incentive?
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but lets not forget that Collingwood means a lot to a large segment of people who cannot afford to be members. For us to complain that the club has let us down because they have yet to send out incentives, that should not be needed, because we did what we must do anyway to ensure our survival, beggers belief.
Be happy that 5 ordinary people now have the joy and happiness of being true family members. From Melbourne, to London, to Shanghi, to Texas, to the ends of the earth! They are now part of our global fellowship.

Having said that, I'm sure the wheels of CFC are turning at a rate that will see your requests satisfied. If not, I suggest you E-mail Mr E. McGuire at Ch.9.

-Craig

d9 tank 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:38 am

have pressured 3 into signing so far. Sounds like its going to be a HUGE year, maybe a membership record?

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:22 am

BW, I see your point and in part agree with that point of view. However, I think that there are some of us who scrimp and save every penny we can so that we can just make enough for a membership. When these incentives are offered it can sometimes be the very thing that pushes us over the edge to save that money. If I asked anyone on here to put a value on a signed jumper i'm sure the sentimental value would far exceed the $ figure. I know how much I cherish the few signed items I have.

It's for this very reason that the CFC should make sure that these matters are dealt with quickly. Given memberships are not about getting a prize, but when an incentive is offered then the sentiment should be rewarded. I pray this is one area the CFC doesn't lose sight of...I pray that the "little person" is not forgotten in the multimillion dollar empire. It's an idealistic pov but one I'll hold on to. C'mon Ed pass a $70 jumper around to the boys and get this case closed. The member get member scheme works much better if the rewards are paid quickly and the incentive to get 5 more grows. There's the $ equation for you Ed.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:04 am

mka,

Just a word of warning, mate. Telling the truth around here can make you VERY unpopular. Denial is an essential component of the Collingwood ethos.

I went in this morning to buy a Season Ticket and a Cheer Squad membership. Anthony Trainor looked at me like I was some kind of idiot and said, "You were at the meeting last night. Didn't you hear us say to wait until you'd got your letter from The Club about the reserved seats so we can put all the information on the one ticket."

Says I, "But I was the one who asked what would happen if the number of Cheer Squad members exceeded the number of reserved seats available and I was told that it would be first-in best dressed ... so here's my money."

In the end he took my $25 for Cheer Squad ... but told me to hang on to the Season Ticket money until I got the letter they were sending out about the reserved seats ... so that they could put the reserved seat details on the back of my season ticket.

If this sounds a bit confusing, you're dead right. I WAS at the Cheer Squad meeting ... and I WAS listening ... in fact, I was taking notes. And I could swear I heard David Emerson say that you had to have a Season Ticket to be a Cheer Squad member.

So, as I understand it, even though I've paid up my $25 Cheer Squad membership, I'm still not technically a Cheer Squad member because I haven't got a Season Ticket yet. So when these letters go out offering the reserved seats in the Cheer Squad I run a strong chance of missing out ... If that happens ... and I really hope it doesn't ... it will be the second time within a month that I've been shafted by The Club ... Which will mean the end of my association with The Club.

"Get in early", they said last night. "Get in early". I'm sure I heard them say that.

So I got in early. I set my alarm. Keen to avoid a repeat of the recent Social Club fiasco, I got to the Club literally first thing in the morning. I was the first customer for the day. And they DIDN'T WANT MY MONEY.

Anthony Trainor DIDN'T WANT MY MONEY.

I walked away thinking either I really am a few snags short of a barbie ... or there is something very weird about the membership department of the Collingwood Football Club.

GO HARD OR GO HOME
Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" http://alf.magpies.net
CAAS 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:37 am

What was the 1st shafting Alf? Not being a smart or anything, just curious.

I renewed today, social club, and i asked about the GF tiks if we happen to make it. I was told that if you renew then you WILL get priority as they take into account those that have been a member for a number of years. Its the new memberships that they have capped, people that have bought a social club tik so they dont have to be included in a ballot like last year.
Also, they beter not jib me on a signed jumper as I look like having 6 extra's sign up this year.

5 Cougars thanks
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:00 pm

CAAS,

The first "shafting" I was talking about was concerning the Grand Final ticketing situation for Social Club members who pay up after January 10. But what you're saying is very interesting. Because it throws a whole new light on that.

If what you're saying is true, then what what we're dealing with is a very poor piece of public relations ... and one which could possibly cost The Club thousands of dollars in potential memberships. If, in fact, members from the previous year still get a G/F guarantee if they renew, then The Club has failed to get that message across.

That is absolutely staggering.

An organisation with the sort of promotional facilities that this Club has got availible to it ... but it can't convey a simple message as to whether or not Social Club members from the previous year will still get a G/F guarantee if they renew.

But just one question, CAAS ... and this is very important. I noticed that you used the word "priority". That's not quite the same as "guarantee". Are you sure they didn't just mean that Social Club members who renew after January 10 get PRIORITY in the ballot for the unclaimed leftovers?

This really needs to be clarified because The Club has been as clear as mud on this.

Very bad PR, I reckon. And it all comes back to the membership department. This really is their gig. And it's fair to say they've had a reputation for incompetence in recent years.

I really don't get any joy out of being so critical of The Club, but I'm just finding that they are failing to communicate very clearly. And it happened again last night at the Cheer Squad meeting. I'm no fool, but it seems that I completely misunderstood what Emmerson, Trainor and McKimm were saying ... and I reckon that might be because they didn't explain it properly. They were ambiguous ... and you just can't afford to be ambiguous about this stuff. There's too much emotion at stake here.

GO HARD OR GO HOME
Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" http://alf.magpies.net
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:25 am

I'm starting to agree re: the poor PR job here. There is obviously much confusion here and the reluctance to release a statement setting the record straight makes me believe that the confusion runs throughout the membership dept of the club too.

Please release a statement soon to clear up this mess and confusion. Show us that the members still matter by making this a priority to sort out.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
MarkT 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:48 am

I signed up 2 members last season - my fiancee and my brother. In fact I paid for their memberships. I was supposed to get a dinner and something else. I got nothing. I never chased it up becsause I didn't sign them up for the rewards but I did think it was poor to hear nothing. Like I said, I didn't do it for the rewards, but if you offer them you have to honer tyour offer. You also have to be pro active about it. Write a bloddy letter saying thanks, well done, good for the club, do it again, here's your gift. It's bloody sponsored anyway I would presume. The dinner wouldn't cost the club I don't imagine. Anyway, I didn't starve and I got to see a GF.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: