Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tim Lane

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 8:12 am
Post subject: Tim LaneReply with quote

Sat 11th Jan ABC radio 1:07pm.

After an attempt to run out an aussie batsman by Paul Collingwood, which missed the stumps, Lane says;
"When under pressure Collingwood rarely hit the target"
Endquote

Carlscum git!

-Craig

couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i was listenin to dat too, bloody prick!

footy ROX!
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:38 am

Isn't this the same twat that refused to call football matches with Eddie because of Eddie's (alleged) bias.

Seems this tool can't even call a bloody cricket match without letting his hatred of Collingwood show.

GO HARD OR GO HOME
Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" http://alf.magpies.net
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:25 am

I have always said...his name is actually spelt Tim Lame...

He is a dud....don't let someone who follows carlton get you going....please all they are good for now is percentage...

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:56 am

Dr. Alf, it wasn't about Eddie's bias in being a Collingwood fan (that's what pissed some other fans off, especially in the first Port match of 2002) it was the many hats he wears, especially that of President of the CFC, and the blurred lines of when he stopped being commentator and when he started being an official of the CFC.

One thing against Lane is that he made no such complaints about Brereton, he being a board member at Hawthorn or something. The Paul Collingwood "pun" was bound to be made by someone in some way. For my part, Eddie's just not a very good commentator, on radio or television.

Currently reading "The Nuclear Survival Handbook - living through and after a nuclear attack" 2nd Edition by Barry Popkess (1985)
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:12 am

I think eddie is a legendary commentator! you rock dalz! I love how he gets into the game, its really exciting to listen to. (Not that im home to listen to it as im at the game.) But i always watch replays on fox footy as i live watching that channel. He is a great commentator and i listen to him. When McAvaney used to commentate i used to put the radio on and the tv on mute. hahaha that guy really annoyed me! But Eddie is just amazing and makes listening to the game more worthwhile. Thats my opinion anyways.
To Tim Lane, grrrrrr! lolz!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

My SoNg Of ThE wEeK

"If luvin u is rite, Then turn back the hands of time, I'll do anything 2 make u mine, Theres nothing that I wouldnt do, I could make u feel my luv for u, If u were with me now"
*If You Were With Me Now- Kylie Minogue & Keith Washington*
One Of The Best Days Of My Life- December 17th, 2002! I love you Jarrod Molloy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:56 am

lol how'd this get turned into a "have a crack at Eddie" thread?
Lane's a tool, allways will be. just shows how unbiased he really is.

http://magpiemad.magpies.net/
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:47 am

it was funny(well i thought it was) but whenever paul collingwood bowled,fieled and went out to bat at the 1 dayer here in Hobart on saturday, this guy all dressed up in aussie flag's etc started to sing the collingwood club song*i think he re-wrote the words a bit but i didn;t mind as long as he kept singing the tune*s*. Maybe,i'm missing the football a bit, but any chance of hearing the lovly club song again and i'm happy*S*.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2003:The beginning of molloy's injury free footy seasons*
*2002 Joint V.C*
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:50 am

*phew* thank god,i'm not the only one who dislikes McAvaney!.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2003:The beginning of molloy's injury free footy seasons*
*2002 Joint V.C*
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:58 pm

Make sure you have realplayer installed on your 'puter, then go to; http://nick.magpies.net/song.htm

The lyrics are there, and the song is available to listen to as many times as you want!

-Craig

PJB 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:03 pm

Yes I was listening to the commentary in the car and I thought " Tim Lane,what an idiot !" Jealousy is a curse !!

We are one,we are Collingwood ...

[This message has been edited by PJB (edited 13 January 2003).]
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:37 pm

Eddie is quite a good comentator.Tim Lane is the best comentator.
Let's not be too precious about this. I've heard Tim Lane say far worse things about caaaaaaaaarlton and that's his team. He said very complimentary things about Collingwood during the finals.
Dr Alf, Tim LaNe did stop working with Eddie and I didn't understand why, but that was his decision and it cost him plenty financially. BTW, how are you Dr Alf. We met at the AGM. Remember? How's Julie?

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:10 pm

Tim Lane by the Camster

Once upon a time in a far away land there lived a nation of people who laughed very regularly. The king of the land was a self-made man, a battler, which was very unusual for any kingdom. The king had replaced one of noble birth in a swirl of controversy and had turned the nation of regular criers to one of laughing rejoicers in a little over 3 years.

A key part of the kings success was his honesty, passion and his wizard, Maltshazar. Maltshazar had helped turn the king's army from a laughing stock to a dedicated, fervent bunch who would die for the king and Maltshazar his wizard.

Apart from the odd scandal in the land, from one of the king's advisers getting involved in washing someones money bags to one of the kings soldiers allegedly polishing his sword in a marketplace (swords are meant to be polished at home, and not for too long as there are supposed side-effects like a limp, damage to a soldiers eyes from the shine on the sword and even cases of dementia), things were always on the improve.

The king decided to not just be a pompous sort, but to show the everyday people that rulers can work as well. So he returned to work sweeping gutters, picking through bins and filling in as a town crier from time to time. (Some would even say that the king worked too hard, especially for a king!) The king loved giving away money as well, some to the rich, some to the poor. He didn't mind feeding the stray dogs he met in the street either. And he did all this in his kings robes, so that the people never forgot where the king came from, and that he had mercy for the poor. He even threw a big, sorry-looking, navy blue, bully-dog a bone when it lost its home, even though it didn't deserve it. But it was a dog after all, so he relented.

One day an accountant from a foreign land came to him and asked if he could have a go at holding the kings sceptre. The kings said "Fine". The accountant did. Then he asked "Could I sit on your throne?" and the king said "Why not!". And the accountant did. Then he said "May I have a bag of gold that contains the amount you receive for being the town crier, holding the sceptre and sitting on the throne?" Again the king spoke, "I am a sharing king, you are a highly regarded money-counter in this realm, you are welcome to what you ask for my lord." The king said to his own money-counters "Please go and get what the accountant has asked for, quickly!' and off the money-counters ran. The accountant spoke again, "One more thing your worship -" "Yes?" answered the king, "Can you leave me alone in your castle one day per week?"

"Piss off Tim" said King Ed.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:27 pm

It pisses me off when people have cheap shots at eddie, im tired of hearing all this bullshit about ed wearing too many hats SO WHAT !! THERE HAS NOT BEEN ONE MOMENT WHEN I HAVE FELT EMBARRASSED ABOUT EDDIE BEING OUR PRESIDENT..in fact exactly the opposite i feel proud and honored to have a fellow magpie supporter who is just as pash about his football club as what we all are.
Call me a suckhole call me what you like but let me tell you one thing eddie mcguire will have the distinct honor of going down into our history as the person who saved the collingwood football club.
And to balance the argument out i believe ed is a much better caller on television than on radio.
Show some respect !!

100,000 GOLD WIGS and a million shining eyes
This our country's one true game
And the footy ground's on fire
And collingwood's sons and daughter's, under wide Australian skies
Win or lose we're back again to claim the winner's prize.....

Go Pies you bloody beauties !! 'Caaarm Ornnn' kill the Bloody Bastards.

email..joffa@magpies.net

[This message has been edited by Brown26 (edited 14 January 2003).]
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:34 pm

.. Funny shit Camster.... Luved it....

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(2003...onwards to glory!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: