Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

HERE IT IS!!! THE MAGPIE ARMY CHANT CD!!! WHAT A CHRISSY PR

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:23 pm
Post subject: HERE IT IS!!! THE MAGPIE ARMY CHANT CD!!! WHAT A CHRISSY PRReply with quote

The Magpie Army CD

Black and White Chants From the Outa!

The ultimate Christmas gift for Pie fans who think they already have everything black and white... because they don't!!! - yet!

The ultimate Christmas gift for Pie fans who are just starting their collection! How lucky are you?? Opportunities like this don't come along every day and here's yours already!!!

Hear all the songs, learn all the chants!!

This CD is the latest in virtual reality:

Put on your footy gear, put on the CD and you are in The Ponnie with the Pies storming home in the last after a 15 goal 3rd.

Open a stubby or two, let the aroma percolate, throw this CD onto the player and you'll have that never to be forgotten atmosphere of the Cricketers' smack dab in your lounge room!

Get your duffel coat on, take the skin off your chin with a 4ntwenny, put on the CD and you're back at Viccy Park watching the boys.

The latest and the best in collectable memorabilia.

Make no mistake, this is the real deal!

The chants - recorded by those who made them great.

Never ending footy fun!!! Thirty-three tracks!

Can you afford to miss this opportunity of a Magpie lifetime? Don't even think about it, it may never happen again!

Get your cheque book out or get yourself down to the post office for a money order and send $10.00 - yep, you heard... just $10 to:

J. Corfe
48 Ross Street
Coburg
VIC 3058

Cheques and money orders made payable to J.Corfe.

Now, a few words from some of those who were involved in creating this huge piece of Magpie memorabilia.

-----------------------------------------------------

When craig and JLC contacted me and asked would i be interested in being a part of putting a CD together i was pretty excited in fact the boys even let me put 2 speeches on the CD one at the beginning and one at the end. The object of doing the CD was one word and that is 'FUN' it was fun doing it and it is fun listening to it although at the time in the studio it must of been 40 degrees celsius and at the end the joint stunk, i will get the boys underarm deodorant for chrissy. In recent times we have seen the Collingwood family come together like never before and its mainly due to nicks board and fromtheouter which has made all this possible the cricketers prematch is well known all over the world and many other magpies from all over Australia head to the cricketers as well, the way the magpie throng responded to the red flag chant at colonial is further proof we the collingwood people can do things no other lot of them other supporters can do.

We hope this CD can bring more of us together and celebrate our love for Collingwood, the CD was made by Collingwood people for Collingwood people nothing more nothing less and all proceeds from the sale of the CD will go to charity we are not doing this to fill our own pockets.

The CD is not a musical masterpiece but it is equal to the passion at the punt road goals or the top deck Coventry end goals at colonial, some chants you will know and some you wont, some are new and some have been around for ages, we hope you like our new extended version of ' every where we go'

Thanks to eddie and lisa without lisa's help i dont think we would of got this thing of the ground thanks to all the guys who participated in making this thing happen, and thanks to you the 'Collingwood supporter' this CD is dedicated to you, we hope you enjoy it, we really do. We are Collingwood and by god we will always be Collingwood.

cheers joffa

-----------------------------------------------------

On a sultry Thursday night in November the Cricketers and 'The Outer' came alive in a recording studio in the back streets of Fitzroy. Thirteen of the Magpie faithful gathered to create a CD version of what we do, hear and yell every week during the footy season.

The making of the Magpie Army CD was a great opportunity to bring together a group of mates who all bleed black and white. It turned out to be a win-win situation as we has so much fun making the CD and a charity will benefit from the proceeds raised. The CD will provide everlasting memories of our friendships and chants which is something that money definitely cannot buy. The chants are certain to bring back those somewhat hazy recollections of the Cricketers, and of the many good times had both this season and in the past. It will also certainly raise the eyebrows of anyone not of Collingwood inclination! It was definitely a team effort - Megan Christie did a great job with the artwork and for that we are all grateful!

By JLC and Lorelei

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 10 December 2002).]
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My cheqye's in the mail !!!!! How good will this be to have on game days, blasting out of my sound system as I prepare to enter (and probably during and after) the scoreboard chat !!

Donny.
GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:34 am

Mike on behalf of all the guys thanks for getting behind us and supporting the CD without nicks board and FTO we simply would not of been able to do it.

The prodceeds of CD will be directed to charity the cost of getting this thing off the ground was about 1000 bucks the initial sales of CD will return the money to myself and the other guys who put in out of there own pocket to get this thing up and running.

I cant recall when we did this thing if we planned to share it with other collingwood people or if we were just doing it for a memento of the fantastic times we have all had over the years at the cricketers..the chants are from the ponny end goals, many can be heard from the cheer squad on any match day and of course you will hear all these chants at the greatest magpie pre match get togethers ( the cricketers arms hotel )

Sometime after recording the CD we sent eddie a copy and as it turned out eddie loved it which was probably the reason we decided to share this thing amongst all collingwood supporters, a special thanks to lisa ( eddies secretary ).

This is a first amongst any football supporter from any football club although the CD isnt a musical masterpiece and wasnt designed to be it really captures the magpie enthusiasm and passion..we're pretty excited about it.

At the moment we are witnessing the uprising of the magpie army we are doing things together that no other supporters are doing i cant ever recall a moment in my time supporting collingwood when this has happened ( at the cricketers week after week we hear other opposition supporters saying " i wish our lot could do this'...people are amazes at how big the 'winners circle' has become after each game when we celebrate another collingwood victory..the way the army responded to 'our march to the MCG during this years finals series..the fantstic effort in getting behind the 'red flag chant' are examples of we can do together as magnificent collingwood people.

The cricketers has become known world wide as the place to be as we celebrate together our love for collingwood on any match day at the MCG, many many collingwood people from all over Australia come to the cricketers whilst in melb to watch the maggies.

But without the fantastic contribution such as nicks board and FTO bulletin boards none of this would be possible.

The making of the CD is dedicated to these boards and all collingwood people all over the world, we hope it excites you as much as it excited us, we really do hope you support us in making this thing pretty big
long live the magpies.

PS after we have collected our initial return all other monies will be taken to victoria park the club can decide in which charity the money can go to, we are accountable for every money recieved and JLC ( the accountant) will have a book in detail accounting for every cent.

We are trying to get copies into the souviner shop at collingwood.

When making out the cheque or money order please do so by writing them out to...J.CORFE
AND PLEASE MAKE SURE TO PUT YOUR RETURN ADDRESS.
any questions regarding the CD ? .....FIRE AWAY !!

Much mythologised,frequently misrepresented,collingwood has become a legendary place,from its slums rose a football club that would give its people hope,love and a sense of belonging,the collingwood football club gave its poor a sense of pride, it would quickly grow into the greatest sporting institution in the world...the collingwood football club to it's people is life.

MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS
joffa@magpies.net

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:37 am

It sound fantastic Joffa,
I'll just add that to my Xmas collection (already got DVD's 2002 highlights and triple pack).
The great thing about the CD is the fact that this is what we actually live every footy season - those of us who are fortunate enough to go to the games that is.
We'll be playing it and chanting along all the way to and from the games next year.

If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:04 am

Everyone.....this is a classic and certainly one for your CD collection....don't miss out

Its all for a good cause and its BLACK AND WHITE....what more could you want...

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:13 pm

LOL

Look ABSOLUTELY AWESOME guys. I definatly wanna get one. How funny What kinda stuff is on it??

Hey Rogan Josh (Eugene), I so do know who Chris is now that i saw the photo. We were chattign in Ballarat at the prac amtch at the start of the year. Chris is da bomb!

Floreat Pica - May the Magpies prosper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:43 pm

Quote Joffa;
"The proceeds of CD will be directed to charity"
Endquote

Surely you will not direct the money to Carlton? The're the only charity case I know of!!!

-Craig

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:19 pm

Hurray!! and its about time too..... Congratulations guys....
and Joff maybe it would be a good idea to bring some copies down the club on the 17th.... Im sure heaps of ppl will want one....

Good Luck on this venture....

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WERE there)
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:58 pm

SOUNDS COOL AS! im sooooo getting 1! well done boys sounds bloody good, mabye they'll give it a go at that chrissy thing !

footy ROX!
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:29 pm

We will try and get some copies to vicky park next tuesday.

Much mythologised,frequently misrepresented,collingwood has become a legendary place,from its slums rose a football club that would give its people hope,love and a sense of belonging,the collingwood football club gave its poor a sense of pride, it would quickly grow into the greatest sporting institution in the world...the collingwood football club to it's people is life.

MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS
joffa@magpies.net

couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:33 pm

awesome, bring heaps so i can get my hands on 1, how much u selling em for JOFF??? $19.95

footy ROX!
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:38 pm

Im pretty sure we're selling them for ten bucks !!

if we wanted we could stand outside richmond station on any match day and we'd sell a 1000 copies easy no probs at all, but we decided to do this thing exclusively via the internet to give all collingwood people right across Aust and even overseas the chance to obtain a copy.

MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS
joffa@magpies.net

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:07 pm

Jof that would be gr8 if u could get some to VP on Tuesday nite. I'd DEFINATLY buy one there, if not, ill mail you a cheque.

Just a question, will all the boys be available to personally sign my copy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:38 am

It was a hot November night, when a few of the faithful gathered in a dingy Fitzroy recording studio, and laid down some tracks.

And I do mean hot. We had to take a breather in the middle, just to rehydrate (I had brought a slab for just such an emergency). Lorelei reckons that the "boy smell", that hit her like a ton of bricks, when we opened the studio room door was an experience that had to be endured to be believed.

I remember being in there and thinking "I hope everyones underarm deodorant holds out". The sweat was pouring off the lads. The other thought foremost in my mind was, that I hoped Clokey's Neighbour (Anthony) did not decide to start playing "Dutch Oven". That would have ended our project then and there.

In the end we got down nearly all the songs and chants that were heard in the Cricketer's Beer garden on Grand Final Day. These include our club song, an attempt to recreate Joffa's "southern" version of "everywhere we go" that enthralled all present on grand final day (does anyone out there have a good recording of this?, no joke people were holding up their mobile phones, and demanding again and again that Joffa do it one more time), "I still call Collingwood home" (inspired by some guy who looks like Peter Allan that keeps wandering into the beergarden, he's an Essendon fan), "There's only one Nathan Buckley", and many more.

Lots of chants in there too, including "Anthony ROCCA", "Neon Leon!", "Jar-rod MOLLOY", "the Rupe, the Rupe, is on fire", "Stunning, Steve, MCKEE".

All in all it was an experience, that generated much enthusiasm. I thought Chris was a bit too optimistic by trying to pick up trendy Fitzroy chicks who wandered past the recording studio, as soon as we had finished. I tell you not, his line, "we just recorded a CD" got the girlies interested, but he blew it straight by admitting it was a footy CD! Those sort of girls were not interested in footy.

Anyway, it's a must have for most of us here. Whether you have heard them before or not, you just have to hear it.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:06 am

Has it got the Chrissy Tarrant chant??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: