Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mighty Mick Malthouse

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:47 pm
Post subject: Mighty Mick MalthouseReply with quote

To be honest when mick first came to collingwood i thought yeah he is a good coach and he'll stay for a couple of years take his dosh and run and if we're lucky enough he might just be able to get us into the finals.
Im now at the opinion Mick Malthouse will become the second greatest coach in our history i reckon the guy is fantastic, a grandfather like figure of the establishment if you like.
I remember vividly when mick as coach of wet toast would come to victoria park and be abused and harrassed by the unsavoury collingwood element which im very pleased to say didnt include myself.

When i saw mick shed a tear at last years grand final loss to the stinking scum from QLD i was happy and sad, sad because the guy deserved a premiership and happy because when you see a fellow person shed a tear for this great club it kinda tells me
that person has collingwood blood pumping through the veins, it was at that moment i became very proud to have mick malthouse as our coach..and i very much hope that our next premiership will have mick malthouse accepting the premiership cup
good on ya mick
we love ya pal.

NEVER FEAR!! FOR WHEN I APPEAR

A TRULY SWEET COLLINGWOOD VICTORY IS NEAR...go you magpies you bloody beauties!!..KILL THE BLOODY BASTARDS!!
email..joffa@magpie.net
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember New Years eve 1999-2000 I went to see Collingwood vs. Carlton at the MCG. It was a very dissapointing game and I remember saying to my mum "wow mick malthouse is going to be a great coach" in a sarcastic tone. I look back on that now and regret saying those 10 words as it is the complete opposite of my opinion now. It was his first game coaching Collingwood, I should of gave him a break!!

Well Mick Malthouse i would like to say:
You are an excellent coach! You have brought a young side into the grand final and taught them skills that will help them win the final this year. You have made every player feel happy and want to play for collingwood. I have always been proud to have been born with collingwood blood, and i know that you've only been with us for a short time, but you are collingwood through and through! i love ya mick malthouse!!

"oh micky your so good, coach a win for collingwood! go micky! (clap clap clap) go micky! (clap clap clap)"

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

My SoNg Of ThE wEeK

"I am only here for a little while, Would you like to take me out tonight, Maybe we could talk for a little while baby, Don't hold back it's time for a love affair, Take my hand & lead me to anywhere, Maybe there's something in the air baby"
*Love Affair- Kylie Minogue*
One Of The Best Days Of My Life- December 17th, 2002! I love you Jarrod Molloy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:54 pm

I remember watching one of his first training sessions with Collingwood ... very late in 1999. The players were running laps. All these young guys running along, extravagantly waving their arms about, tiring themselves out. And there was Mick Malthouse, shuffling along behind them, conserving energy ...

I thought to myself, "He's done this before."

After several laps, many of the young players were looking completely stuffed. I remember seeing Mal Michael, as fat as a pig, barely capable of getting above a canter. Other guys, who'd shown a lot of zip in the early laps, were starting to look as though they'd rather be somewhere else.

But there were two people still going strong .... one was Nathan Buckley ... and the other one was Mick Malthouse, still just shuffling along, conserving energy ...

Again, I thought to myself, "He's done this before."

GO HARD OR GO HOME
Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" http://alf.magpies.net
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:38 am

Yep I felt the same..

His stance, his mentorship and his passion for football has been amazing to see. The rapport he shows with those players is so special and an amazing thing to be part of.

Coaching goes way more than yelling at guys to keep moving on a Thursday night on a football ground.

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
BRING BACK NED!
"This is a man's world
But it would be nothing
Without a woman or a girl"
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:46 pm

I was quite concerned when Mick was shown on camera banging his head against the window in the coaches box in frustration whilst still coaching Wet Toast.
I remember thinking how little patience he would have with our young players.
How wrong I was.

If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:24 pm

Yep well said ppl. This man is brilliant. The emotion after the GF does show the passion he has and the effort he pours into coaching our club. He has been such an important part of our success and has been a father figure to all the guyz. You can see the respect everyone has for this gr8 man and its a credit to him as a person.

YOU ROCK MICKY

Floreat Pica - May the Magpies prosper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
PJB 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:48 pm

This man has been so great for this club,together with Eddie to turn this club around from where we were 3 years ago. The emotion he showed on grand final day just shows the passion he has. The club couldn't be in better hands.

We are one,we are Collingwood ...
Mcgoughs_gurl 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:24 pm

one thing to say THIS MAN IS A LEGEND A ***IN AWESOME COACH & I HOPE HE'S WITH US TILL HE RETIRES FROM COACHING.
I WANTED TO CRY SEEING HIM & LICA CRY BUT I DIDNT CAUSE I WAS IN A HOUSE FULL OF NORTH SUPPORTERS THAT WERE ALL GOING FOR bRSIBANE GRRR I DONT HAVE GOOD MEMORYS OF GF 2002.
BYE OVER & OUT
pAMELA

~**Mcgoughs_gurl**~
McGoughs Biggest fan or so i've been told!
jk- i have come to the conclusion that i would like to marry McGough only thing is that i dont think he'd want me dammit! haha
http://groups.msn.com/CFCclub

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:48 pm

It's a toss-up between putting MM or Eddie on the back of my footy jumper next season.

If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
Murray 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:06 am

I think MM uses sport to do what he truely loves.
He likes to educate young men, he likes to develop their charactor, he likes to watch them grow and become men and live up to their full potential.
He is a teacher of life.

DISCLAIMER - If any of my posts are contrary to the views of Mike or any of the other Mods then my views and opinions are to be totally ignored.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: