Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The CD

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAAS 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 4:56 am
Post subject: The CDReply with quote

Now that I know what is on this CD i would like to ask 1 simple question?

Did the people that made the CD bother to ask the originators of some of the songs to see if they wanted thier material put on CD??

I get annoyed when others take credit for work thats not thiers!!

5 Cougars thanks
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

How could we contact you ? you hardly ever come to the cricketers and we rang around before doing the CD to see if you would be interested but nobody has your number, all this was done within a week so we didnt have that much time..however because of the success of this CD we are planning to do another mid season and your most welcome to attend.

The next CD will have more chants and we're planning to do a magpie army radio broadcast of the dying minutes of the 2003 grand final..so its going to be just a little different
get back to me mate with your mobile number and we will ring you.
cheers

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:28 am

Ps mate

we really dont want to get bogged down with who made that song and who made up this song..the CD was done by the magpie army for the magpie army.

The chants and songs will be imortalised for ever so if one of the chants on the CD is yours just be proud mate because it means you have become something that has excited a lot of people.

Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:46 am

well if they were flogging off the cds at $30 a pop and keeping all the profits then maybe they should ask the originators if in fact these chants were all copyrighted by the originators.

In order to get that copyright however, the "originators" of these chants may first need to seek clearance from the creators of the tunes from which they are based. Some of these tunes may be in the traditional domain and hence might be easier to obtain copyright on remixed material than others, but until "ownership" can be claimed on some of this material there is some background work that first needs to be undertaken.

I hope there is no reference to white maggots and chewy on your boot on the cd... i'm sure the person who first said these would be mightly offended to see it on cd without askin him if that were the case.

come on, obviously this cd has been put out with only good intentions.

If you MUST get your name up in lights, or the name of your group for the brainwave of an idea that is the "you wish you had chrissy tarrant" then why not write to sony or virgin or emi and get them to sign you up, they'd sort out all the copyright infringement stuff and then you could be on your merry way to fame and fortune and the RECOGNITION you so truely deserve. Obviously your talent abounds.

I'm sorry if this post sounds rather like its takin the p... but it just annoys me when some posts seem like they are only written to stir s... and get replys like the one i have just written.

IT'S A FOOTBALL CHANT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
Its not being used for personal profit.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OI OI OI!
(I wish i knew who was the originator of that chant so i could personally bop him or her one for the most boring uninspiring and braindead chants there could possibly ever be).

Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:51 am

quote:

The chants and songs will be imortalised for ever so if one of the chants on the CD is yours just be proud mate because it means you have become something that has excited a lot of people.

Sorry, joffa summed it up much better. I just get annoyed when people get so hung up on things so petty that is really not going to prove anything in the long run.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:39 am

Yeah, I agree with Rowdy 26 about the "OI OI OI" It's so annoying (and doubly annoying to hear our kids yelling it out, thinking it's Aussie) and so bloody English!! And that's where it originated. Yorkshire perhaps - not sure.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:32 pm

I dont want to start anything! but I'd just like to say.. lol

You should be happy that they like your chant dalz, coz it shows you have a good creative mind! If it were one of my chants put on the cd without my permission i wouldn't be upset, I'd be absolutely honoured! lolz

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

My SoNg Of ThE wEeK

"I am only here for a little while, Would you like to take me out tonight, Maybe we could talk for a little while baby, Don't hold back it's time for a love affair, Take my hand & lead me to anywhere, Maybe there's something in the air baby"
*Love Affair- Kylie Minogue*
One Of The Best Days Of My Life- December 17th, 2002! I love you Jarrod Molloy!

[This message has been edited by Miss_Lisey_Molloy (edited 27 December 2002).]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:14 pm

I know it's not a big deal but I think CAAS has a fair point. If you do create something then sometimes it's nice to get a little acknowledgement, however little that may be.

Fradam Wrote This
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:28 am

ROWDY 26- AUSSIE OI OI OI, Actually is a Welsh Rugby Chant which goes OGY OGY OGY OI OI OI, The chant goes back to the 1800's i learnt this after a tour of the millenium stadium this year in cardiff, it has obviously been copied, so not only is the chant annoying it is not even an aussie chant!!!!

cpc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
THE D.O.C. Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:14 am

caas u and ya mates wouldnt be sober enough to sing in the cd anyway get a life and stop startin s..t if u wanted do the cd u should have dun it before us u just want sum credit for doing nothing u guys dont have a clue!!!! thats all i have to say c ya guys

CAAS 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:36 am

Nice post Rogan, we cant sing cause we are too drunk. You must be deaf. We cant make up songs? Again, you must be deaf. If it werent for the songs that myself and my friends came up with, the unofficials would have no more than 4-5 songs and all of those are past thier use by date.
Give credit where credit is due, we brought a new wave of chanting to the footy and you guys have jumped on the bandwagon to get yourself your 15 minutes!! We dont have sour grapes about you producing a cd, just would have been nice to have been asked if you could put the words we made up onto the cd. I am happy that others are hearing it. Sheesh, if it werent for us posting the lyrics to YOU WISH YOU HAD CHRISSY TARRANT, You would STILL be singing "We wish you had Chrissy Tarrant on your football team"

Now who is trying to cause a shit fight? My intentions are not to cause i riot amongst people i will see for hopefully 25 weeks next year.

5 Cougars thanks
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:45 am

I confess ive been drunk at the footy as well.....lol Like who cares if ya drunk as long as you dont cause fights or anything its fine!! Go the footy and have fun

Yeah i agree with CAAS its much better if we all work together. We all go to the footy for the same reason and thats to see Collingwood win. At the Colonial games it would be so much better if everyone chanted together instead of against each other or out of sink.

CAAS and his friends are pretty easy to get along with so there is no reason why their should be arguments etc etc

Thats just what i think anyway.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:17 pm

I was the one who posted the incorrect lyrics to the Chrissy Tarrant song (on Nicks), I do not think anyone else has. So I am the "you" you are talking about in that respect. And the "us" you are referring to is really just you, unless CAAS is some sort of group logon and registration.

It would have been great to give credit for original tunes and lyrics on the CD, but the nature of the exercise did not lend itself to spending resources on tracking down who was justly deserving credit.

The invite was just to turn up and sing the songs we sung at the Cricketers.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
CAAS 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:48 am

Mgreg, there is an us in the group. We would rather refer to ourselves as the CAAS instead of the grog squad. I (me only) uses it as my log on. When I said the lyrics were wrong i wasnt having a dig at you i was merely pointing out a fact to Rogan Josh. No malice was intended by my post.
I congratulate those involved with the cd, dont get me wrong. I've said what i wanted and some agree and some disagree, thats the way society is. I'll leave it at that.

JLC, thanks.

5 Cougars thanks

[This message has been edited by CAAS (edited 07 January 2003).]
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:05 am

Mick

im still waiting for your mobile number pal ?
do you want to be a part of the next CD
private messge ur number ok
cheers

100,000 voices and a million shining eyes
This our country's one true game
And the footy ground's on fire
And collingwood's sons and daughter's, under wide Australian skies
Win or lose we're back again to claim the winner's prize.....

Go Pies you bloody beauties !! 'Caaarm Ornnn' kill the Bloody Bastards.

email..joffa@magpies.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: