Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Favourites Premiership Highlights Clip

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It is impossible to describe my appreciation for the work you have done Favs over the years. Your videos have always been the best part of any win. You capture all the joy and emotion of victory and somehow you have even managed to make some of the losses watchable.

Taking nothing away from your other work. this is your crowning glory and by far the most replayable footage of the game I have seen. Well done to you.

I somehow suspect a few players have seen your work and it may just be possible that you have played a real and tangible part amongst the many thousands of parts, that has lead to a premiership. For that you should be very proud.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:07 pm

That was SEN-FKN-SATIONAL!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:30 pm

It's funny how something so small to begin with has grown into something so big. The first video was a favour to a fellow magpie overseas and it sprung from there.

The support from everyone makes it all worth while. It's overwhelming the response I am getting and it's been a magic journey.

I still find it surreal that we won the flag and I was there to join in everything. I remember hugging steele after the game and saying that he was best on... he just looked at his medal and said thats all that matters.

Moments like those are so hard to capture in video but they are the motivation behind creating something that feels joyful and a memory that we can continue to watch for years to come. I suggest that it is downloaded, use a site like www.keepvid.com just in case youtube does take it down.

I have many favourite moments from the game but after editing I have two that stick out in my mind...

If you watch the didak goal celebration from behind you will see Thomas actually jumping in the air about 50m behind play... to me it summed up the youthful joy they were playing with... and it's just beautiful.

The other one is MM trying to turn the cup to show the supports (ridiculous the podium wasn't facing the collingwood stand. He was so happy for the supporters... he wanted it for him and the players, but he wanted it for the supporters as well. I know for a fact a few players speaking about how much of a drive they got from the supporters that night against Geelong.

I hope we all remember how lucky we have been, Collingwood teams of the past didn't get that luck we got in Grand Final 1... I can't imagine what the board would've been like if we lost... Who said a football clubs luck doesn't change.

What a year... what a day... what a celebration.

Thanks guys.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:01 pm

Unreal favs. Congrats on such great work.

Has anyone uploaded for a download yet? It's a keeper.
Dave O'D 1910 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 am

What more can be said about your magnificent work that hasn't already been expressed?
Simply this.......THANKS!

DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:56 am

Doesn't get better than that.

My highlight of the game was the passage of play where Dale acts as a goal-keeper, then we sprint out of defence and Dawes absolutely crushes Dawson, picks it up and handballs it on to Pendlebury who spots up Sidebottom. Best passage of play for the year. That's when i actually knew there was no way we were losing it.

Thanks Faves

Daicos Mullets 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:13 am

DaVe86 wrote:

My highlight of the game was the passage of play where Dale acts as a goal-keeper, then we sprint out of defence and Dawes absolutely crushes Dawson, picks it up and handballs it on to Pendlebury who spots up Sidebottom. Best passage of play for the year. That's when i actually knew there was no way we were losing it.

Thanks Faves

I agree Dave, that passage of play encapsulates what the 2010 Pies were all about. Hard work, pressure, speed & skill.

Daisy's goal-keeper interception was actually a 2nd effort from him, because he'd just turned the ball over (kicked it out on the full or directly to a Saints player, can't remember exactly). He was determined to make up for his mistake, even though we were in control of the game. Macaffer gathers the ball from Daisy's interception, bursts through a tackle & kicks long down the wing. Dawes is caught behind Dawson, but makes a fantastic spoil, recovers better than Dawson, picks up the ball from the ground & handballs of to Pendles. Pendles doesn't even have to break stride as he cruises along like the Rolls Royce that he is & spots up Steele with a beautiful 40m kick into our forward 50, which was wide open. Steele marks & duly converts. It was beautiful to watch & we went from one end of the ground to the other in a matter of seconds. All of the players involved had to run hard in order be involved in the passage of play, but it would have been for nothing if the players hadn't had the required skill to finish off their hard work.

3RRR

The Pies are back at Vic Park!
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:39 am

And the television footage doesn't even do it justice. I was on the wing, directly where Dawes made the crunch...and he was a mile off the play but he worked his butt off....left Blake for dead and hit Dawson so hard.

The television footage doesn't show how far Dawes had to run to make that contest. Macaffer had no options. Most forwards would've stayed at home. Dawes knew he was the only one on the field who could make an option. Macaffer just put it in his area and backed that he would make it and beat 2 players.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Awesome work. Thankyou!
swooper 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:57 pm

DaVe86 wrote:

Thanks Faves

Yes! My favourite passage of play too - absolutely perfect. Very Happy
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:55 pm

Watched both, teared up. fkn brilliant work. Seriously, brilliant work.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Clipnabbed it to my computer

Aside from the hot girl in the crowd, love the bloke in the black St Kilda polo shirt after the "Librarian"....after it's given a point, he runs down the aisle to yell abuse! At who? The goal umpire? Heater? Eh?

There's also (maybe the last Thomas goal) a bloke who thumps the fence twice like a spoiled child...

I love upset Aints fans...

SuperSteele22 Cancer

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:06 pm

The_Staunton wrote:

So do I.... this was straight after Harry O's goal.

Laughing

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Beamsy17 wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:

Laughing

poor dools. i do feel sorry for the young fella. loves his saints like we love our pies. great fella.

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:15 pm

jmcp wrote:
Beamsy17 wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:

Laughing

poor dools. i do feel sorry for the young fella. loves his saints like we love our pies. great fella.

Life is the sum of all your choices. If you chose St Kilda, you didn't choose well - Albert Camus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: