Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mal Micheal /Jarrod Molloy trade

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well time will be the judge of who has done better. From the Collingwood Clubs point of view i think we have done better as Molloy is a person of integrity and a great club man and adds a great physical presence to our team when fit. Prior to Molloys arrival we didnt have much of a physical presence and teams like the Kangaroos would intimidate Josh Fraser and the like.

The other thing is Molloy is the type of guy that would stick through thick and thin with the club as he genuinely enjoys playing footy and does it for the love of the game. Mal Michael saw an opportuniy with space in our salary cap and in my eyes was holing the club to ransom or threatening to leave. Mal Michael was too quick to forget which club showed faith in him when they placed him on our rookie list.

Give me Jarrod Molloy anyday!!

Don't forget the people you see on your way up as you will see them on the way down

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
angel 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:44 pm

I think Mal may end up the better player but from all reports he's better out of our club.

Pies light up my world. Davis was the next big thing but now it will be Didak or Cole. Go Pies!
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:48 am

There's no doubt that Mal has done better out of it. Two premiership medallions are the tangible proof of that. Regardless of any money considerations.

Has Brisbane done better out of it? Mal's a young, fit, capable defender who has played plenty of games over the past two years. But how much has he been responsible for Brisbane's success in this period? That's a harder question. I have not watched him enough, in the last two years, to judge.

Has Collingwood done better with Jarrod? By all accounts yes. Higher up on the ladder. A cohesive team. Etc.

Has Jarrod done better at Collingwood? If he is happier, then yes. Missed premierships? Surely Jarrod would realise that there was no guarantee that he would have been available to play in either of those games, if he had of stayed in Brisbane (ie. missing through injury). We all know "Lethal"'s reluctance to take injured players into a Grand Final. Just ask our "Richo" in 1990!

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:58 pm

In reality, Mal was very good for us. In a time when our backline was under enormous pressure week in week out, he invariably stood up and did the job he was asked to do.
Molloy has yet to prove his worth to us. Bsrring injury I'm sure he will do CFC proud.
And remember, 10 more points and it would have been a 1 all draw in regards to premiership medallions!

-Craig

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:36 pm

I seem to remember a young Mal Michael being asked to play a key position role early on and he wasn't really up to it.
Then he bulked up quite a bit and this caused him to have problems with his back.
I used to think he would be no use if he was battling an injury and was actually relieved when he left.
Just goes to show that injury can be overcome - there is no sign of it now.
Just wait till Molly recovers from his - he will show us all what he is capable of.

If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:26 pm

Jarrod only played 7 games last year and only kicked one goal against Sydney last year but if he didnt get a hammy injury, then a broken toe, then a knee injury I am positive he would of been great for us last year.

I never had anything against Michael. I believed he was a great player and it was sad to see him go, like any player that you've grown to support. But with every closed door, you get an open window, and we got Jarrod!

Molloy & Michael both won in the end coz Mal wanted to go back to Qld where he was from, and Jarrod wanted to go back to Vic where he was from. With all the articles I have of Jarrod he claims 2001 was the best year of his football career, and I reckon he will play excellent this year!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

My SoNg Of ThE wEeK

"I am only here for a little while, Would you like to take me out tonight, Maybe we could talk for a little while baby, Don't hold back it's time for a love affair, Take my hand & lead me to anywhere, Maybe there's something in the air baby"
*Love Affair- Kylie Minogue*
One Of The Best Days Of My Life- December 17th, 2002! I love you Jarrod Molloy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
mahonmagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:19 pm

Mal was frequently disciplined for breaking team rules. He would also involve the new young recruits in his troubles. Mal is over paid and is a liability. Jarrod toughness and professionalism is a vital asset to our club.

carnthepies1 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:15 pm

Mal Michael plays like a gorilla, he is slow and dim witted.
Can`t see Leigh putting up with him for much longer.
Look out for him playing in the local QAFL this year, as orange boy!

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:54 pm

Orange boy?

Doubt if he'd have the brains for that job.

Maybe he could be the intravenous drip.

GO HARD OR GO HOME
Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" http://alf.magpies.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: