Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks or Daics ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PenshurstPie 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great question!

I lerve Bucks, but I would leave home for Daics (and I'm straight as a die).

Rating out of ten:
Buckley 12
Daicos 15

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:28 pm

Daicos.

Buckley is skilled, tough and a great leader.
But Daics could turn a game with the most spectacular, amazing and impossible ball control.

And of course Daics has a premiership medallion..........

-Craig

couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:04 pm

i totally agree with what craig just said! perfactly said craig!

footy ROX!
Tio_Ray 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:43 pm

Daicos for my money...he had that special something, that magic, he would turn opponents inside out and use guile in place of athletic ability, he invented the method (used today by all teams) of kicking the ball on an angle to bounce it thru the goals...what did he kick in 1990, 95 goals from a pocket?...I think thats a record for a none key position player in the AFL....bucks is good, no hes great....but daicos was a God to all of us...he wasn't the hardened steel that bucks is, he looked like an ordinary man...and thru this man, many of us lived out our dreams.

Good Old Collingwood FOREVER.

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:04 pm

Terriffic post

Daics was good infact brilliant and it saddens me to say i believe daics has never recieved recognition for his outstanding services to the game..they talk about ablett and mathews and so on and so on well let me tell ya daics was just as good if not better..i was so priveledged to have followed daicos's career.

Bucks is a champion and will also go down into history as a great collingwood captain probably the best we have ever had..both are very different players and again i say im proud and loved every moment following bucks career at magpie land.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:15 am

LOL me and my brother where talking about this last night as we watched a replay of the thrashing we gave the filth earlier this year, I don't think you can compare the two, totaly different players BUT both beautiful to watch!
I think you'll find that B'cause Daics has retired, you tend to remember all the brilliant things he has done and He did some bloody brilliant things on the footy field, while we still see bucks week in week out, ask this question agian in 10 years when Bucks has hung up the boots (tear in my eye) and see what we think then.

http://magpiemad.magpies.net/
carlabuckley_05 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:32 am

buckley for reasons that i will think of later

carla

collingwood a la premiers 2003
*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:08 pm

Well I think they both have equally gr8 great skills, but there Skills are different!! if that made ne sence:..I would have to say Both!
Luv Rach!!xoxox

*OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE AND THATS WOT ITS ALL ABOUT*

I am so smart..S M A T

*Parsnip rock my world* YAAAAAY GO THEM!!!!
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:59 pm

Daicos by a mile

Bucks is a good player. Daics could get 40 touches in a game if he wanted to but can Buckley take some of the marks and kick some of the goals that Daics did? I think not.

Daics always will be my favourite player.

Fradam Wrote This
Larsperson 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:07 pm

They are 2 completely different players...cant really compare them but id still rather watch Daics play than Buckley

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:09 am

Daicos was my favourite player to watch. Some of his goals will live with me forever

Its hard to compare though as they play different positions and both have various qualities.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:41 am

as great as daicos was to watch, im a bit surprised at how few would take buckley over him. they are just such different players its difficult to compare but i'd have buckley any day. buckley carried our club for 5-6 years. daics was brilliant and as joffa said, has been overlooked far too often when talking about the greats of the game but he played in an ultimately successful side. there were tough times but the sides of the eighties, even at their worst, would demolish collingwood '99. yet bucks turned in one stellar performance after another in a dismal side for years on end. at any other club and he'd have a brownlow or two and a flag to go with his norm smith.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:44 am

Too hard! It's impossible to choose between my two faves!!!

Plus, they played in different positions and were different styles of player - Daics being a flashy and freaky forward and Nath being a consistent and brilliant midfielder. If forced to choose, I'd maybe go for Nath due to his consistent top performances as compared to Daics' flashes of brilliance.

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:26 pm

As people have mentioned here, both are brilliant and they do play a different style and role which makes it hard to say.

I think from pure consistent hard working and brilliant pedal to the metal game bucks is in a league pretty much of his own.

From a freakish, naturally skilled, unbelievably exciting, spine tingling, leaves u in a dumbstruck awe, no one comes better than daics. With Daics you'd be happy paying ya ground entry just to see him out on the field.

They have both been wonderful to the Collingwood Footy Club, and definately the top 2 players i've ever been lucky enough to see play in the black and white stripes.

if you really had to some how (i dont even know how you can really) chose number 1 and then 2, then I'd probably go for Buckley for number 1 purely on his consistency at playing to a high standard nearly every single game for so long now.

They are both an inspiration to any aspiring Collingwood player.

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 11:04 am

Hmmm.

Lets just say that Peter Daicos is God and that Nathan Buckley is the prophet of God.

KILL FOR COLLINGWOOD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: