Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Come back Shaw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mahonmagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:31 am
Post subject: Come back ShawReply with quote

In the pre-season of 2002 Tony Shaw on Sports Today afternoon program on 3AW stated that Collingwood would finish 10th and that we had players that would not make any other AFL list. Tony's predictions were the most pessimistic of all football journalists. His sour prediction could not have come at a more critical time (just before the first round proper) with regards to dissuading people from purchasing memberships. I think Tony is one the better football reports and analysts. Surely Tony knows more about Collingwood than any other club. So why was he so far off the mark? He also named Rupert Betheras and Ben Johnson who went on to have outstanding seasons and final series. Ben finished 6th in the Copeland just a few votes away from second place. If your out there Tony, let as loyal supporters, who view you as one of the great legends of our football club, what is going on and when will we see you again around Victoria Park? All we want is Collingwood to prosper!

swooper_101 Libra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i reckon he is justhypen the CFC team to proove him wrong dont take it to heart I know I don't I just say yeah ok mate he said that we would finish outside the 8 lastyear and we got in the granny so just ignore him

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 6:15 am

He has just got sour grapes. He will eventually get over it, although I think someone should have a talk to hime.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
swooper_101 Libra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:10 am

i reckon that this is the what he is thinking he bascilly went 300 hundred games with out getting a flag and he loves the magpies so much that he is inflaming us and himself with the will to proove him wrong the whole australian public wrong that we are not a team to be taken lightly yes we made a grannie last year but if we can do it again this year WE WILL NOT BE TAKING LIGHTLY think about it makes sence

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 8:15 am

Uhh Swooper, I've tried to forget a lot of GF's, but 1990 aint one of them. Premiership Captain and Norm Smith Medallist. Whatever he may have done/said since, he was an inspiration in that game.

Go Pies!
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:57 am

Tony will be back at the club in season 2004.
Reason? Collingwood will draft his son under F/S rule.

-Craig

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 11:02 am

Tony has been bitter for years.
He seems to really have it in for the Pies since he got out in 1999. Always bagging us, bagging Mick, sticking the knives in. Famous quote in 2001: "They won't make the finals till 2004"

Deep down he loves the Pies, I think he will remember his passion when Braydon joins us in 2004 and he will be in more contact with the Club again.

KILL FOR COLLINGWOOD
Rowdy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 11:41 am

At the heart of it, Shawy is a black and white man thru and thru and for whatever reasons he says the things he does, be it thru bitterness or to spur our boys on, I'll always remember him for what he meant as a player (not necessarily a coach) to our club. I'll always respect him for that, and take his comments with a grain of salt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: