Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post GF. MAGNIFICENT PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP ! - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

FlagPie wrote:
My Mark Knight premiership poster is in the front window and assaults anyone coming up the drive.. my wife said it's like Xmas and you have to take it down in a month and I argued it stays up until someone else wins a flag.. back me up here guys

Ya have it framed like mine and then it will be up forever. Wink

FlagPie 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm watching Hey Hey it's Saturday and Collingwood are premiers.. it's like a 2nd childhood
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:25 am

I was watching that game the other day, was also watching the Grand Final before the draft. I hope next season to be able to attend my first ever Collingwood game.

The aim is the Nab Cup, sure it's not a big deal but I just want to see the boys play in person at least once. My dad watched a game in Melbourne back in the 1970s, Collingwood playing Geelong, apparently it was a draw (or a Collingwood loss.) because he said that McKenna had marked the ball on the siren and they took it off him.

I went and saw Fitzroy play Essendon and West Coast in Tasmania, would have traded both for a Collingwood game.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:38 am

I reckon he would have, he was over there for a few weeks working there, I also believe he went and saw Collingwood and Geelong, so I may have gotten them mixed up there, sorry, it happens sometimes. But I have watched and listened (during the 1990s we didn't get many live games on TV) every Collingwood game since I can remember.

My first dose of football was in 1985 when I was taken to a local game, being that my family are Collingwood and Glenorchy supporters, it's been nothing but that. Parents said I had the option of either supporting Collingwood, or not supporting football....and I naturally chose supporting the Magpies.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
FlagPie 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:40 am

My first year following Collingwood was 1990.. I've always led a charmed life
alexluvsdids 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:34 pm

my dad recorded the whole grand final on my tv, and he knows it off by heart now! he just fast fowards it to each goal! he can watch the whole grand final in like 35-45 minutes!
Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:02 pm

Time to post.

just watched Favs pat 1 & 2 highlights of the grand final and I am till composing myself with tears in my eyes. I cant stop watching the replays of the finals games leading up to the grand final.

In your life you have life changing moments. Get married, the birth of your children and now to be present at a grand final win I am just not going to be able to replace that memory. I still daydream and wish I was still at the MCG that fantastic day in M34 of the Posnford with thousands of other screaming pies supporters. To be at the top of the Ponsford after the match to witness absolute pandemonium and euphoria which I have never and probably never will experience again.

I was very fortunate to be there. I am a normal seasons ticket holder member and have been a member for a long time. But this year one of my fellow pies supporters whom we religiously stand in the Ponsford week after week was not able to go to the grand final. He had booked an overseas holiday earlier in the year that unfortunately for him coincided with grand final week. So lucky for me I had access to a legends membership and a chance in a lifetime for me. Yes Dave a bottle of a fine choice bourbon coming your way.

Man I still pinch myself. I love watching the celebrations and seeing players like Sidebottom, Dawes, Reid and Nathan brown celebrating with his twin on the fence. Seeing the players embrace Presti brings the biggest tears. Presti I have adored you for so long and your selfless act in truly inspiring and we Collingwood people will never ever forget it.

I love you Collingwood, I love Collingwood people, you cannot beat our passion and our love for this great club. I love that we have honour and history and integrity.

Side by Side.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:51 am
Post subject: The pies won the premiershipReply with quote

I too am just a season's ticket holder but missed out on getting a grand final ticket for myself and my madpie girls. However I was sooo lucky that my son managed to find 2 tickets for my husband and I on the Friday before the game.
I am really envious when reading your post because , although we had great seats on the second level in the Southern Stand, we were sitting with all the AFL suits. They were pretty impervious to the joy of the occasion,most likely disappointed in the outcome.I really missed sittting with my madpie friends as we usually did, in the Ponsford. I felt quite isolated there, however I truly enjoyed jumping for joy during the match in front of those glum faces, hoping for a saints win..LOL

What a wonderful day. First time I have seen them win a premiership. I desperately would love to feel that again, this time with my Collingwood FAMILY.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:15 pm

This is where our premiership team came from. Just goes to show you don't need a team full of high draft picks. 6 rookies may be a record (I know the Eagles had a few in 2006 but I dont think it was 6)

4 Didak - Pick 3 2000 National - Top 10
5 Maxwell - 2002/03 Rookie Draft - Rookie
6 Goldsack - Pick 63 2006 National - 50+
8 O'Brien - 2004/05 Rookie Draft - Rookie
10 Pendlebury - Pick 5 2005 National - Top 10
12 Ball - Pick 30 2009 National - 26-49
13 Thomas - Pick 2 2005 National - Top 10
15 L Brown - Pick 73 2008 National - 50+
16 N Brown - Pick 8 2006 National - Top 10
17 Beams - Pick 29 2008 National - 26-49
18 Jolly - 2009 Trade (Picks 14, 46) - Trade
20 Reid - Pick 10 2006 National - Top 10
21 Wellingham - 2006/07 Rookie Draft - Rookie
22 Sidebottom - Pick 11 2008 National - 11-25
26 Johnson - Pick 62 1999 National - 50+
30 MacAffer - 2006/07 Rookie Draft - Rookie
31 Dawes - Pick 28 2006 National - 26-49
32 Cloke - Pick 39 (f/s) 2004 National - 26-49
34 Toovey - 2005/06 Rookie Draft - Rookie
36 Swan - Pick 58 2001 National - 50+
39 Shaw - Pick 48 (f/s) 2003 National - 26-49
47 Blair - 2008/09 Rookie Draft - Rookie

Top 10 5
11-25 1
26-49 5
50+ 4
Rookie 6
Trade 1

Last edited by Johnno75 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:18 pm

You don't say.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 pm

Always something to do when you have nothing to do AND that is to watch the AFL Premiers 2010 in action again. Get's better every time I watch it.

Not sure if it's been posted but did anybody pick up on the audio on Ch7 in the 3rd at the 19:20 mark? Umpire gives a free to Jolly against Koshitski. It sounds like its directed to Kosi and I guess its what most Ain't supporters where thinking of him throughout the year. Have a lsiten if you get a chance...

).

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:27 am

Jolly to Koshitski, "You f*cking idiot!" Nice.

I have the game on my HDD. Have set up chapters prior to the build up of every Collingwood goal (as well as the build up to Shaw's smother). I can sit down and watch it all in under 20mins. It's a bit of a routine of mine after work. Crack open a coldie or 3 and watch it all again. The third quarter occasionally gets viewed in its entirety.

This is how the official DVD should be set up. If only a bit more effort was put in.

blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:30 pm

I've had some spare time this week so have watched the entire finals series back to back for the 1st time since I got my DVD pack. (The GF replay especially Q3 has already got plenty of watches).

Man, watching our team again for that month was a thing of beauty.

Every time there was a contest, a Pies player was full tilt at it. Every time a ball was loose there was a Pies player, head over it with 100% commitment. Every time a block had to made for a teammate....well you know the story.

Some other things that you notice again is some of the 'lip' our guys would give the opposition. Our aggression was fantastic, with Maxy obviously leading the way. But one which made me laugh was Swan to Picken of the Dogs after Swan had burnt him off to score in the qualifying final. Swanny just jogs back calmly to the centre square and gives Picken the old "well done mate, keep up your good work" with the sarcasm meter turned up to 100. Loved it!!!!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Game is on Fox Sports on Christmas Day, back to back GF and re-match.
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:47 pm

havent the st kilda fans had enough pain to deal with ?

nah f..k em
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27   

Jump to: