Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Carlscum, a train wreck in progress....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:47 pm
Post subject: Carlscum, a train wreck in progress....Reply with quote

Seems like the blue boys are at it again.
This from Afl.com.au

"The Carlton salary cap saga has taken another twist after the AFL announced today that the Blues had voluntarily disclosed the payment of a “significant cash amount” to a player on its list for the 2002 season.

With the Blues coming to terms with a fine of more than $900,000 and the loss of key draft picks for breaches of the salary cap in 2000 and 2001, the league said the money was paid to player agent David Allison – who manages several Carlton players.

AFL football operations manager Andrew Demetriou said the latest revelation emerged as part of the league’s ongoing investigation into Carlton’s breach of its TPP (Total Player Payments).

”AFL investigations manager Ken Wood has continued to investigate this matter and player agent David Allison last night confirmed receipt of these payments,” Demetriou said.

After a lengthy AFL investigation and hearing at the AFL Commission last month, the Blues were fined $930,000 (including a suspended fine of $57,576 for breaching the salary cap in 1998) and lost their opening two selections at the National AFL Draft on 24 November.

The Blues also lost their first pick at the pre-season draft on 20 December and their selections in the first and second rounds at the 2003 National AFL Draft.

But there was some positive news for Carlton on Tuesday with the club announcing that forward Lance Whitnall had accepted a pay cut to help the Blues get under the salary cap for next season.

With the club wanting senior players to accept an across-the-board 25 per cent cut to avoid breaching the salary cap again, Whitnall’s decision is significant. It is unclear as to the size of his pay cut or whether he had been given a contract extension.

”Lance has certainly shown the way and has made a significant commitment to the Carlton Football Club. He has been an outstanding player for the club at just 23 years of age will continue to be a key player for the Carlton Football Club for many years. His decision exemplifies his regard for the club," Carlton chief executive Don Hanly told carltonfc.com.au.

Whitnall said he was satisfied with his new contract. ”I am happy with the arrangements that are in place for my future at the club and look forward to continuing my playing career here at the Carlton Football Club,” he said.

In another eventful day for the Blues, forward Matthew Lappin – who is embroiled in a contractual dispute with the club – has been given an extension to decide if he wants to nominate for the AFL pre-season draft as an uncontracted listed player.

Lappin reached a verbal agreement with Carlton last month for a new contract. The club claims the agreement is not binding on the Blues and Lappin originally had until 2pm Tuesday to nominate for the draft. Or he may face the prospect of playing on a considerably reduced contract for the Blues next season.

Lappin now has until 5pm Wednesday to decide whether he wants to nominate for the pre-season draft. He was given extra time to consider his immediate playing future under AFL rule 15.3 (further time).

Demetriou said the league held talks with Lappin’s representatives, Carlton and the AFL Players’ Association on Tuesday to decide the initial outcome.

“There is a reasonable possibility that an agreement between Carlton and the AFLPA will be reached after today’s (Tuesday) deadline which will assist Carlton to retain a sufficient number of players on its playing list, than would otherwise be the case if the deadline was strictly enforced,” Demetriou said"

----------------------------------------------------------------

A player agent has stated that one of his players recieved a cash payment in season 2002.
I think it's time the blues were suspended from the comp for a season.

-Craig

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can they write any more articles about Carlton???????.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2003:The injury free season for Molloy!!*
*2002 Joint V.C*
Tio_Ray 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:23 pm

If I see any Carlscum supporter rattling their Tins at the traffic lights I will make them clean my wind screen with their Carlton jumper....and they would do it too if I offered 25% of a dollar....hahahahahahaha...and thats more than their players are willing to give up!

This will teach Carlscum for publicly poking fun at the dumb animals that St.kilda and Footscray are...ohh the irony!.....the wheel has certainly turned...but its still not over yet...not by a long shot...44 years and only one Flag....but we earned ours and take a look at us...TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK!!!.....Now look at Carlton.......meaningless flags over a short period.....and now they are beggars....tsk tsk tsk....Collingwood has Never stooped so very very low....we drew our line in the sand....but the rabble are still free falling with still no bottom in sight....bring on the tax investigators!!! Bring on more evidence of further Carlscum cheating!! Bring on a minimum of 3 core players leaving Carlscum players lists...bring em on!!

Perhaps Carlton should go north...I hear there is another team there that considers premierships purchased are just as good as premierships earned!!!!!

Good Old Collingwood FOREVER.

Ian Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:48 pm

To the Afl - PLEASE GET RID OF THE CARLTON RABBLE - NOW!!!!!!!!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:29 pm

i dont think anyone can come out and say 'collingwood has never done this, collingwood has never done that.." we HOPE, we dont KNOW. I don't mean during Ed's term as prez, but collingwood in the past has spent money on recruits and probably some of it has been under the table. Like buying someone a house, or a car etc etc. ANY club is just one press conference away from being a 'Carlton'. Doing a 'Carlton' will be a term forever used for salary cap cheating. If Jack was still there, would all this have come out? I think maybe not much at all.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Tio_Ray 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:15 pm

Cam, I don't think any club is just one press conference away from being a "Carlton". They have been caught out 4 times in the last 4 years (this last infringement by Allan is number 4). Carlscum are serial offenders and deserve a ritual beating and acid bath for their arrogant public posturing over the years. I also don't think Jack could save them if he was still there...In fact he caused all of this to happen and angered the AFL for trying to delay the investigation....infact what company has that man ever run that has not fallen over due to his illegal actions? I'm not bagging you Cam just putting my argument forward.

I have zero compassion for Carlscum in regards to the penalties they have earned. They need to take their place back with the mob of lessor teams and stop telling anyone that will listen that they are as good as us. Don't be fooled by Collis's copy cat comments about its us versus them (what a joke, the entire competition will only continue against Carlton if they continue to cheat the entire competition again)...there is only one Collingwood and one Eddie Mcguire that HAS rightfully and already claimed its us against them. Carlscum have no idea what it is to have the AFL and every other club against you for MORE than just a few weeks!!! AND THEY ARE STILL COMPLAINING!!!!

Punishment, punishment and more punishment is what Carlton need and I for one intend on enjoying Carlton being beaten into submission.

Good Old Collingwood FOREVER.

[This message has been edited by Tio_Ray (edited 11 December 2002).]

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:54 am

Lively, but no abuse, now that's how bulletin board exchanges should be.

Carlton people used to call Essendon people cheats. Better to keep one's mouth shut about one's own club, than to end up with egg over one's own face. Laugh at them yes, but be careful about saying we are pure. A bit like calling the kid next door a bastard (in the old sense of the word) and then finding out why your lovely caring mother had lots of "boyfriends" and the front porch light sometimes had a red globe.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:32 am

Everyone rorted the system as the salary cap is a joke.

However Carlton need to learn the meaning of "Moratorium"

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:02 am

Will the real John Elliot please stand up, please stand up, please stand up?

Where is he at the moment?! LOL

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
BRING BACK NED!
"This is a man's world
But it would be nothing
Without a woman or a girl"
Bones 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:23 am

We all should be aware that exposure could happen at any club anytime. Hopefully the powers that be at CFC have been behaving.

The scum deserve everything they cop. But remember this kids, they also have passionate supporters who bleed for them. John Elliot and his cronies should be held responsible in some way, how? Gewd knows, removing their life membership would be a good start.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:33 am

lol all this cheating for a.................. spoon!
lol
In ya jocks ya low life scum..
at this rate they won't have a draft pick till 2010.

lol
lol
lol
DIE SCUM DIE

COLLINGWOOD FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://magpiemad.magpies.net/
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:14 am

Some have described Carlton's plight as a "tragedy" (hard to say without a snigger).

Don't know why, but that brought the Bee Gees song to mind, and how applicable:

Tragedy

Here we lie
in a lost and lonely part of town
Held in time
In a world of tears we slowly drown
Goin' home
We just can't make it all alone
We really should be paying you
Paying you
Signing you, drafting you

Tragedy!
When the money's gone and you can't go on
It's tragedy
When the fans all cry and you don't know why
It's hard to bear
With no-one to draft you're goin' nowhere

Tragedy!
When you lose control and you got no soul
It's tragedy
It's hard to bear
With no-one to draft then you're goin' nowhere
When the feeling's gone and you can't go on

Night and day
there's a burning down inside of us
Burning Jack!
With a yearning that won't let us be
Down we go
and we just can't take it all alone
We really should be paying you
Paying you
Drafting you Signing you

Tragedy!
When the money's gone and you can't go on
It's tragedy
It's hard to bear
With no-one to draft you're goin' nowhere

"I am disrespectful to scum! Can you see I am serious!"
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:28 am

right now i think they're just 'Stayin' Alive'.

Murray 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:40 am

They will get plenty of "Saturday Night Fever" with a great deal of "Emmotion".

DISCLAIMER - If any of my posts are contrary to the views of Mike or any of the other Mods then my views and opinions are to be totally ignored.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: