Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Posts pruned from the president's topic

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

You and Ryan talk about this issue frequently do you Abi??

Floreat Pica - May the Magpies prosper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:03 am

OMG wot was that??? OMG was that almost an apoligy?? WOW??? Thanx Brooke and Han 4 sticking up 4 me..u dudes Rock...Abi..U have serious issues dude
Luv Rach!!xoxox

*OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE AND THATS WOT ITS ALL ABOUT*

I am so smart..S M A T

*Parsnip rock my world* YAAAAAY GO THEM!!!!
Abi 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:36 am

I thought Rach I apologised if I caused offence. And you can cut the sarcasm I don't talk personally to Ryan on a regular basis but certainly have received quite a bit of mail as to how the players feel about the adulation. And Rach it is hard to take your "offence" seriously when every second phrase is "Oh my God"

Pie fan forever

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:57 am

I think everyone should ease up on Abi. Abi has sound arguments and expresses herself well. Some of her thoughts may be different to the norm but they are interesting

Abi even apologised for things that may have been taken the wrong way yet people still have a go at her ??

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Pies Grrrl 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:59 am

What's the prez going to think when he reads all this? How embarrassing.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:02 pm

When you've finished being superior Abi and judging Rach on her language and feelings, you might consider that whether or not she loves Ryan is none of your concern.

To say that the players dislike the groupies, or at the very least dislike being the centre of attention is patently ridiculous. AFL footballers are also public figures, role models and objects of hero worship. Their PR role is recognised by both the Club and the players as a vitally important part of the job of a professional footballer. In fact it is probably almost as important as a part of the complete professional footballer as their onfield performance.

They might dislike that part of their job, but it is not negotiable - they take the job, they wear the attention that comes with it.

Hanskies Virgo

~~DUNN~~

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:04 pm

HI EDDIE IF YOUR READING THIS!!!
**Eddie you rock my world**

Abi- isn't anybosy elses opinion valid? You say you have the inside "know" but where is your proof???

-Han

*I Love Jason, Yes I do, I Love Clokey and so Should You*

[This message has been edited by Clokey_34 (edited 25 November 2002).]
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:36 pm

Firstly Abi its hard to not be sarcastic when u carry on as if your best mates with everyone whos anyone! Seems you need to get off your high horse and coem back down to earth and stop pretending to know EVERYTHING about EVERYONE!

Secondly Abi, I strongly suggest you lay off Rach cos that kid has got ALOT of good mates here and it won't do you any good in the long run. Of course you're too mature to say things such as OMG all the time aren't you DUDE!

JLC, lol well what can i say apart from Lol. Oh man i wish i could say what i really wanted to

Mike your post is SPOT ON! Who Rach or any of us like has NOTHING to do with Abi, plus, the players should expect the adulation. They are gods to us and I'm sure it would be very flattering to be held in such high esteem. Well why don't we ask Abi, i'm sure she can tell us exactly how each player feels!

Pies Grrl, i agree, it would be embarrassing for GOD (Eddie) to read this but some things need to be said and i beleive sticking up for mates and saying how you feel is also very imprtant. Lets just hope if THA MAN does read it he can see the truth of the matter and what is really going on! LOVE YA ED, UR DA BOMB DUDE!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:52 pm

Spot on MM20. Abi, you ALWAYS use your links to the inner sanctum to belittle other peoples opinions.
You remind me a lot of a former regular poster who thought his family name somehow held mystical powers and therefore we should all be somehow held captive to his opinions.
Treat people with a bit more respect and hopefully we will avoid more "board wars"

-Craig

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:10 pm

Thanx Craig, ur spot on too. Its all a matter of equality and respect. Look those terms up Abi. We shouldn't be arguing!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:15 pm

Although on a plane far inferior to AFL Superstardom i don't like it that much when i go to the movies and there are kids i teach in the same theatre line. (American Pie 2 as well once...) "Hi Mr A!".. "um, g'day".

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:50 pm

Abi- Im sorry if U dont like they way I talk, thats just the way I am! Im sure u have sum annoying things about U..altho I cant imagine wot they could be?? OMG and guess wot else... I really dont think U have got ne Idea wot the hell ur talking about..'Groopies' pffft..plz!!! Thanx Mike, I totally agree ( and of corse Han and Brookie)
Luv Rach!!xoxox

*OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE AND THATS WOT ITS ALL ABOUT*

I am so smart..S M A T

*Parsnip rock my world* YAAAAAY GO THEM!!!!

[This message has been edited by *Rach_luvs_Lonie* (edited 25 November 2002).]
Abi 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:00 pm

It is interesting that anything I say is deemed to be "superior" yet I get hit back with posts/replies which can only be described as sarcastic in the extreme. I repeat I have never claimed to be part of the inner sanctum, yet even suggesting what at times has been clear publicly that players don't especially like the extreme adulation is interpreted as me somehow being in cahoots with the players. Eddie may well find this thread interesting, but if he read carefully he would see that I admire him but of the opinion that not everything he does every member agrees with 100%. I don't understand what is so radical about that. The main gist of my argument was that we have to have some diversity of opinion to avoid the sort of inertia and comfort zone that comes from everyone bowing to an "infallible" leader. Even if my comments to Rach were seen to be out of line I did apologise but stuck by my remarks that players in general aren't well disposed to groupies. I agree Mike that it is part of their job description however to endure the autograph sessions even though many despise this aspect of their work. I thank Murray and JLC for their support and believe they added some balance to the thread and understood the nuances of the discussion. I am surprised Brooke you have taken such an angry stance against me supposedly knowing some things not for publication on this board given that I privately shared with you some information you requested of me. I am not taking my bat and stumps and going home in a sulk but this will be my last post as I sick of the controversy my posts cause and the resultant undignified and sometimes childish ripostes. You have a great site here though Mike. Keep up the good work.

Pie fan forever

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:25 pm

Abi im not attacking you personally, just the way you're treating a good friend. And you have my word that the information you gave me wont go any further so dont bring that up, its irrelevant.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:01 pm

Poor Cam..............American Pie 2!
Did you get a refund? What a stinker!

I got 5 minutes into the DVD and turned it off, worst 5 minutes of my life!

-Craig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: