Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2 WEEKS FOR ROCCA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I@n S 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 2:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a joke. The afl wants stuffing. One week maybe but not 2. F-ck this sport. Every time we play well we get done by the AFL with something thats not grated. He was going for the ball and he didn't hit him with the fist, he hit him with the rist.
What a joke. If collingwood apeals and looses they will loose even more money. But if he gets out of this joke then it will be worth it.
Go Pies and apeal this Bull Sh_it........
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 3:40 pm

They must appeal. Get a biophysacist or something.
2 weeks is a bit steep.

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 4:07 pm

Yes, without a doubt they must appeal this one. It was pretty dodgy. Geez, even Eddie looked pissed off tonight on "Who wants to be a millionaire".

Bucks aside, Pebbles is our most important player at the moment. I guess it now creates an opportunity for someone else to step up.
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 4:39 pm

I'm sick of players getting rubbed out for spoiling. What's he supposed to f*(king do. Stand there and watch his opponent mark the sodding ball!
This sort of crap is killing football and it happens ALL the time. The tribunal should be lined up and shot.

It's the same bullshit decision that cost Kris Grant a Brownlow Medal.

There is no doubt that the tribunal has got it in for Anthony Rocca. And this is just the sort of arbitrary power trip they can use to destroy a player's career. I just hope that when Anthony comes back he continues to play exactly as he's been playing. The danger is, of course, that he'll go soft because he'll be worried about getting reported again.

DAMN THIS! I AM BLOODY ANGRY!
ROT IN HELL YOU PACK OF ARBITRARY FASCIST MONGRELS. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU.

There should be a Royal Commission into the tribunal's activities.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 4:54 pm

i just knew as soon as i saw Rocca get reported that he would be suspended. The tribunal would run a sensitive new age guys league if it had the chance. where players got to kick the ball a second time if, while they were taking their shot on goal an opponent swore at them or distracted them. They are all a bunch of soft c@cks.
ytry4 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2000 1:10 am

What a rip off! A. Rocca was extremely stiff. I tell ya something...why wasn't Winston Abraham suspended for his push of the umpire. What a stupid excuse that he was leaning on the ump so he could regain his balance so as not to fall over. Yeah right! He did not lean on him but actually gave the ump a shove. How could the tribunal or anyone else for that matter agree with thier defence? Mike Sheahan thinks Abraham should not have been suspended! What do you think?

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2000 4:21 am

This has come as a blow.

I missed the incident on Friday night, but when I got back to my seat, the guy in the next seat told me that Pebbles had been reported, but it was soft and that he would get off. He looked like he knew what he was talking about (he was wearing an earpiece!) so I have not worried about it.

But we forgot that the tribunal is stacked with Carlscum and other unbelievers who could not wait for the chance to bring us down to size! Who was on the tribunal last night? They should be proscribed, the bastards.

Regardless of the outcome of the appeal the team must win the next two games. Then heaven forbid if Buckley comes before the tribunal they will give him ten weeks!

GO PIES!
GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2000 7:13 am

Very bloody time a Collingwood player goes before the tribunal he does time. I cannot remember many players getting off, the last champion let off was Millane in 1990 after belting Dunstall. I would love to have the time to analyse the numbers of reports to suspensions ratio, I reckon we would have the highest percentage of guilty in the AFL. There is a clear bias at the tribunal against Collingwood.

NT - Pie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2000 9:50 am

It is quite obvious that the tribunal looks after the Kangaroos players. Just watch Carey get the easisest free kicks and not give them away when he blatantly pushes his opponents. This will make it hard against the Roos. They are tall, maybe it will rain!!! If we win one of these next two games we will finish in the eight for sure!!!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2000 2:58 pm

I just read on afl.com.au that there is to be NO APPEAL on the Rocca verdict. This is kind of dissapointing but really did they have a chance of getting him off?

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," Buckley said. "Everything we do now is as a team."
^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2000 3:51 pm

The appeal i don't think would have gone with the way MM runs things at a Football Club. Yeah, it would have shown the respect the Club had of Anthony and maybe give the tribunal a guilty conscious about the ridiculous decision. Theres no way it would have got him off though, maybe a one week reduction but no way he woulda got off, the tribunal would never let that happen not when they are up against Collingwood (It would make them look like a bunch of kids making up their own rules). The cost of the appeal would not warrant this. Besides MM is more likely to say "Forget it, its done, yeah it was harsh but lets cop it, coz this player is not the whole team and never will be." i.e. It will be another test of character on his young players and if he comes through with a win it will be an even greater win than if Rocca was playing. If not, its not so bad because we are playing against the best team and last years premiers (Games that we wouldnt be expected to win anyway) and will be good learning experience for the team after their great start to the season.
I@n S 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2000 10:00 am

I think he would have got off if he didn't say that the lights blinded him. Hes a good players but does he have any brains? Did he look at the video before going to the tribural? Because he could have made up anything. Or said what we all think: He was going for the ball..
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2000 11:01 am

Ian,

I'm not convinced that it was TOTALLY Pebbles idea on the "Blinded By The Light" theory.

Collingwood Forever !

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
mcsean 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2000 4:57 pm

Let's just say it's a shame Ellis got up. At least pebles suspension would have been justified. Time for Tuckey to step up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: