Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Port Adelaide Magpies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

NP, please tell me it isn't so....not Subi please. I thought you ok until this last post...heheheh..sorry mate couldn't resist. Subi have enjoyed giving us Swans a hiding of late.

Seriously though, I think you've hit the nail on the head. Great post NP.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:23 am

Good points NP, add these to your list of turncoats;
Buckley,
Clement,
O'Bree,
Molloy,
Licuria,
A. Rocca,
Holland,
Cummings,
Freeborn,
McKee,
Rintoul,
Steinfort,
Wakelin,
Balme,
Judkins,
Daniher

And many more faceless ones I'm sure.

Looks like your in good company Alf.

-Craig

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:52 am

Lol@Blanch.....My Dad and Brother played for Subi, and my Nan (God rest her soul) was a life member....anyways....I remember Subi being on the end of a few hidings from the ducks a few times..especailly before bunton arrived....

Another point is the fact that my Dad was a South Melbourne Supporter before meeting my Mum....(only because he lived in Perth and did not know anything about the VFL) when he met my mum who was 2nd generation Collingwood, she did not take long to convert him...Great story there, my old man was stationed at Puka, and rang my Mum and told her he was coming down on the weekend to take her to the footy, they met at the central tram station in Melbourne...Dad was hoping on to a tram and yelled to my mum that she better hop on or she will miss it, my mum asked where he was going..he replied to Morrabin to see South Melbourne Play Saint Kilda...she yelled that he would be going on his own then as she was going to see Collingwood play Carlton at Vic Park...he said alright then I will come with you and from that day on...He became Collingwood through and through. I dare anybody on this chat channel to question my fathers Devotion to the Mighty Pies.....would put you in hospital...lol

Cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 5:06 pm

I watched collingwood vs. port adelaide match today!
The few things i will never forget.

1. Burgoyne taking that mark and then playing on. Johnson drags him down, the ball goes like 1 metre and Wakelin gets it, and runs away!

2. Jarrod Molloy taking that mark but sadly missing.

3. Chris Tarrant handballing to Leon Davis, while shepparding 2 guys and Leon getting it just in the goals. (the definite sealer).

There's lots of others, but those are my main 3!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

"I used to love seeing past players. Seeing them now and saying hello gives you a huge buzz. The passion and tradition around the club is fantastic and I love the way Collingwood supporters go about it- it certainly helps the way I play."- Jarrod Molloy

*~SeCrEt SqUiRrEl & gUaCaMoLeS 4EvA!~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:46 am

Woooh, pull it up here guys.

PP - Please don't start arguments, it is not good for the board. It is unnecessary really.

Alf - Please don't get pulled into any arguments either, because it is not good for the board.

Thanks!!

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
wimmey Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:03 am

Well it looks like the scummy port supporter has done what she set out to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:27 pm

I must admit i find it hard to comprehend cheering for another team especially when you are the chant leader of the Collingwood official cheersquad. I go to neutral games as my friend barracks for Richmond but i barely say a word and dont go cheering for another team. It may not be ACTUAL conflict of interest because ALF is LOYAL but there will be a PERCEIVED conflict of interest and in may cases that is just as bad.

However im very disappointed that you would merely throw in the towel and walk away. Luckily when Collingwood was down in the dumps Eddie didnt throw in the towel so to speak. Eddie toughed it out and turned the club around for the better.

Maybe instead of taking the easy option and walking away from the cheersquad why dont you stay and help and make the cheersquad the best in the AFL. I realise you are frustrated but everyone gets frustrated, you just have to deal with it.

To be a good leader and make people follow you, you have to inspire them and they must respect you. (these are the qualities i look for in a leader and is a general statement).

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:20 am

err...im not going to speak on alf's behalf - ive never even met him. but to suggest alf is taking an 'easy option' or 'walking away' from the CS is grossly unfair, at least in my opinion from the posts ive read over the past 6 months or so on here. alf has indicated a number of times 2002 would probably be his final year given, i assume, a number of reasons but seemingly primarily due to health concerns. alf - if ive read into this wrongly i apologise.

Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:37 am

as Alf says....GO HARD or GO HOME....

perhaps he's past his used by date?

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:44 am

Well the way Alfs post came across was that the reason he was leaving was due to the pathetic lack of response that he recieved as chant leader. This reflects poorly on the cheersquad as the whole point of a cheer squad is to cheer, win lose or draw. If it was any different then ALF should have stated that there were other reasons.!!!

I sat in the cheersquad a few times and to me the cheering is left to too few people. You think people join the cheersquad to cheer but at times this does not seem to be the case.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:21 am

This thread has become a disgusting embarrassment. The pies are famous for turning on their own, we've done it repeatedly over the years and this board is apparently no exception. Come on guys pick up your game, this is the Cheer Squad of old, with all its destructive factional rivalry, rearing its ugly head again.

Considering Alf's contribution during his time with the Cheer Squad I think his departure deserves a little more than 'perhaps he's past his used by date' or advice on how a 'good leader' would do the job.

Having spent only half a game of football in the Cheer Squad, it's hardly my place to be summing up Alf's contribution and thanking him for his dedication and energy, but I think it's time that somebody did.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:26 am

My point was that he shouldnt give up. He should remain and help them turn things around.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Murray 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:46 am

Hey, This is the first time I have read beyond the first page of this post. Gee, I didn't know what I was missing out on.

Alf, I only know you as a result of reading your posts on this board. You appear to me to be a very intelligent person, I will bet my left one that you are sitting back laughing at some of the people who have posted on this topic.

Alf heres' one you have probably heard before.
"I have never known anyone to change their point of view as a result of losing an arguement"
Some people clearly lost the argument but it had no effect.
And why would you want to go to Mexico - Think about that one mate.

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:27 am

I've said it before, and I will say it again, Alf is the loudest Collingwood supporter I have met (only Joffa on Grand Final day comes close, but he had a megaphone). What an amazing set of lungs!

But what really impresses me, is that he wants us to cheer even harder when we are down. I think this is the epitome, not bagging your team when they are done, but support them even louder.

I do not give a stuff if our chantleader admitted to cheering for the Power(less). It was not a Collingwood game was it!

Anyway, Alf, you have been an inspiration to many of us over the past season(s). Your contribution, on increasing the profile of our cheersquad is on a par with Joffa. You will be sorely missed.

I only hope you can see your way to come and see a few games next year. You have made numerous references, throughout the season, about stepping down at the end of last season, as chantleader, so I know this discussion has had nothing to do with your decision. I have just got to wonder who in their right mind will replace you, as the position seems to cop huge amounts of flack (from within and without the cheersquad) with very little kudos. The last guy (in the job) still cops a bit of flak, and used to cop heaps more. Joffa also cops heaps, due to his prominence within the official cheer. Who would bother. I certainly would not.

Anyway, you are welcome to sit and cheer with us Alf (whereever we will be, now that they have torn down our beloved Ponny). But we just won't mention the war, as PiesPremiers2003 is bound to be within earshot.

Talk about turning on ourselves. Maybe its the sun baking all our brains. Its summer after all.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:38 am

First let me clarify a few things...

I never doubted alfs passion and voice for Collingwood
I never started any arguments...

All I have stated is that the leader (now ex) of the Collingwood cheersquad shouldn't been seen at Port games cheering on the power...regardless of his past....

This does not mean you cannot support other sides outside of the AFL...ie what NP was trying to indicate...rugby league/sanfl/wafl etc etc who really cares....it's the AFL we are discussing ...yes?

Others stated "turncoats", can anyone say honestly that any of our players or board members who came from another club would be seen ranting and raving about their old club (in a positive/supportive way) ?? I think not...

Cheer squad leader is a tough job, no doubt, perhaps Alfs voice is better used elsewhere...

The new leader needs to be black and white focused on his chants and his squad....not how the Power are going at optus oval ....

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: