Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Port Adelaide Magpies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 7:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no harm in it. I've been to games not involving Collingwood before and gone for the team I want to win. I don't support them by yelling out or whatever, but to attend a game and hope one of the teams wins over the other is fine IMHO.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 7:27 am

Naturally we have all been to none-Collingwood matches, however not sure about the rest of you....

but I go for the umpires and long term injuries....

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:39 am

I read the other post that our Port visitor wrote and I must say I have always found the idea that there are only two types of footy supporters (those who barrack for Collingwood and those who wish they did) a bit strange.

The fact is, there are many thousands of footy fans who despise Collingwood. And their main pleasure in life is seeing us lose. It means even more to them than seeing their own team win. There is NO WAY they wish they barracked for us.

Before I launch into my hatchet job on PiesPremiers2003 and Tessa403 for calling my loyalty to Collingwood into question, allow me to offer my thanks to Ramjet21, Ian, Joel, Mike and Nick The Pie Man for their understanding attitudes.

Well … well … well …

PiesPremiers2003 says the following:

“There is only one club … Collingwood … full stop.”

Full stop, hey? A real stickler for punctuation aren’t you? Well. Seeing as you’re so big on punctuation, here’s a punctuation lesson for you.

There are 15 clubs … That is, “clubs” with a small “c”.

But there is only one Club … with a capital “C” … and that is The Club … Collingwood … full stop.

So, how can you claim to be a genuine Collingwood supporter if you can’t even spell “The Club” properly. You’ve got the gall to refer to us as a “club”.

Don’t get up on a Collingwood site and expect a real Magpie … like ME … to believe anything you say.

And as for that closet Brisbane supporter, Tessa403 … How dare you!
Here you are, bringing my allegiance into question, and you’ve just admitted … yes, ADMITTED … that you are a Roy-Boy.

If you were TRULY Collingwood you would not have wanted ANYONE to win the 2001 Grand Final. If you had even one ounce of black and white in your soul, you would have renounced any interest whatsoever in a Grand Final between Brisbane and Essendon.

Instead, you allowed love of family … and some half-arsed connection to an extinct former rival … to persuade you to support the club that denied us a premiership in 2002. The same club that REAL Collingwood supporters … like ME … fractured our vocal chords barracking against during those terrible events of 9/28 … that awful day when The Club was denied the premiership we so richly deserved.

Now … as for the suggestion that I should stand aside as chant leader of the Collingwood Cheer Squad … you’re a bit late with that one.

I’ve already quit the Cheer Squad.

The Grand Final was my swan-song … or should I say, my Magpie song … as chant-leader and Cheer Squad member.

But my departure has got nothing to do with “conflict of interest”.

PiesPremier2003 asks how can I stand up in the Collingwood Cheer Squad and expect “real” Magpie supporters to follow my chanting.

Well … there’s a simple answer to that … I don’t expect it any more.

It became very obvious to me during the 2002 season that I’ve got TOO MUCH PASSION for the Collingwood Cheer Squad. I’m so full-on that it scares them. I can only come to the conclusion that I must be too COLLINGWOOD for the Collingwood Cheer Squad.

I lead … but they don’t follow ... I waste my breath … I waste my lungs … I waste my voice … I give myself head-aches … I literally bleed for this Club … and what do I get?

Some half-baked response from a group of people who are only there to occupy the seats behind the goals.

At this point, let me say that I appreciate the efforts of those few Cheer Squad members who do make the effort to chant, regardless of the state of the match. You know who you are. This outburst is not directed at you.

But what about the rest? … the SILENT MAJORITY.

No heart … No passion … No sense of the importance of LOUDNESS AND PROUDNESS

Of course, they all jump on the bandwagon when the game is won … but where are they when we’re three or four goals down and we need a lift?

And who’s the one standing up … just about giving himself an aneurism … trying to get everyone involved?

Not YOU, PiesPremiers2003 …

Not YOU, Tessa403 …

But a REAL Collingwood supporter … the real deal … Dr.Alf Andrews … ME … that passionate, scary, insane, 47-year-old, communist feral who puts himself on the line week after week.

Well … no more, comrades.

Consider me assassinated. The snipers and vipers can have the Cheer Squad to themselves. I’m the Leon Trotsky of Collingwood.

GO HARD … OR GO HOME.

[This message has been edited by Dr Alf Andrews (edited 15 November 2002).]
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:40 am

If you've been to enough WCE games at Subi and lived here long enough I'm sure you'd soon barrack for anyone who plays against the eagles. I even barrack for Bitchmond over here - and proudly do it. Nothing better than confusing them, wearing a Collingwood jumper to a Richmond V Eagles game. Yelling abuse at both teams but wanting Bitchmond to win....love stirring up the champagne sipping, picnic basket carrying weagles supporters.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:55 am

P.S.

I think I left Blanch out of my "thank-you" list in that last post. I tried to edit it but I don't think it worked.

... So thanks, Blanch.

Oh, and Kent, too. I can't keep up.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net

[This message has been edited by Dr Alf Andrews (edited 15 November 2002).]
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:58 am

Blanch!

Alf with port - given his background understandable.
Tessa - her Dad, ok I understand. Hell I didn't want the bummers to win.

But Bitchmond, No please NO. Explain Yourself.
(Is it just the Jumper?)

Go Pies!

[This message has been edited by AnthonyC (edited 15 November 2002).]

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:04 am

Please alf you really are clutching at straws...real magpies like you claim to be do not sit with the port adelaide cheersquad and chant with them.....

I'm pleased to see you have stepped aside from the cheersquad...perhaps had you not been seen at opposisition games the cheersquad would support your chants~

You should have sat with us in the the ponny....as we chant all game long win lose or draw...and yes I do stand up when we are a few goals down and give my support for the boys and have been for over 15 years now...

you might bleed for Collingwood ....but it seems you also shed some blood for port...this was my point.....I dont doubt you rant and rave at matches for Collingwood but I think deep down your still struggling with loyalities...

If you were to move back to SA as a base, long-term.....would you still support Collingwood...OR jump on ports bandwagon????

I wonder???

I'm sure you and the cheersquad will move on for the better....

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:08 am

ps...your punctuation lesson was average at best...

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:37 am

WOW - did that get out of hand fast. See what those Port Power mongrels can do?

May I suggest that anyone who believes that the Cheer Squad should be purged of people who have a soft spot for another team should join the squad and make that proposal.

May I also suggest that anyone who believes that you are not passionate about Collingwood because you don't scream it at the top of you lungs should consider the many personality types that make up the club.

For a little perspective, I suggest you all have a read of the "Trying to understand" thread....

"I am disrespectful to scum! Can you see I am serious!"
Rowdy 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 12:13 pm

I remember back when we played the Crows at Footy Park in the early 90's our cheer squad joined the Port cheer squad and vice versa. It was fantastic, however that's the past and now I have two very good reasons for despising the Port Piss-Weak - (1) they are now in the AFL, confusion with SANFL Port Magpies aside, they are still aligned and (2) my husband barracks for them and it's quite painful to have to see him go through the agony of supporting such a team. Make no mistake, pity and a healty dose of despise are the only emotions one should feel toward the team in the tacky teal.

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 12:33 pm

Thank you WhyPhilWhy....I have actually just reread the "trying to understand" thread again and it really does put this into perspective. To be honest right now I really couldn't care much about who sat with who in what stand.

I too, urge the people who are a little worked up over this thread to follow WhyPhilWhy's advice and read the other thread.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 1:34 pm

Alf, I've seeen you in action.
You have my full support. Anyone who does not believe that the Pies are your passion, or question your loyalty, should be shot at dawn.
No-one on this board, apart from Joffa, can truly claim to have given as much to CFC as you have. The people who believe that going to the footy and "chanting" outstrips your efforts really needs to seek proffessional medical help.

As always, I look beyond the argument to what the individual has contributed to the Club. Alf, you win, the rest of you idiots lose.

-Craig

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:49 pm

Alf, you are a great supporter and I don't give a rats if you have a soft spot for Port, Power or Magpies. Although I can't stand said Port, with your background it is understandable. I don't have any doubts of your committment to The Club. I sat in the Cheer Squad on a few occasions last season and I was loud and proud. I was inspired by your constant chanting, even when we were getting done (like rnd22 v Bulldogs).

I also have a background to reveal.

I am a direct relative of Mick Martyn, formerly of the North Melbourne Football Club. I wouldn't say that North are/were a 'second team' as such (I don't believe in it), but I do/did take a little more than a passing interest in their form. I didn't go to any of their Grand Finals. I didn't celebrate their Premierships. But I was happy for them. My whole family is North Melbourne, I am the exception to the rule (must have been watching a black and white tele when North were playing). It could be said that I am/was more interested in Martyn himself than I was North. I am proud to be Collingwood. My family knows that, my friends know that. However, now Martyn has left the Roos, my interest in them has ceased. They are now one of the other 14 clubs as far as I'm concerned. But my background shall not be denied. I am a Martyn (though not of that name), but more importantly I am Collingwood. And Collingwood is what I love and where I always will be.

Note: I would not like to see Martyn at Collingwood. He is past it, and I can't say he'd fit in. I would like him to retire myself, he's had a great career, and I'd hate to see that tarnished.

Goodbye Dolly I must leave you, though it breaks my heart to go,
Something tells me I am needed at the front to fight the foe,
See - the soldier boys are marching and I can no longer stay,
Hark - I hear the bugle calling, goodbye Dolly Gray.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOREVER, WE KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME,
SIDE BY SIDE WE STICK TOGETHER, TO UPHOLD THE MAGPIES NAME.
SEE THE BARRACKERS SHOUTING, AS ALL BARRACKERS SHOULD,
OH, THE PREMIERSHIP'S A CAKEWALK FOR THE GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:17 am

WOW u thucking beauty a gigantic bitch fight and i aint involved

Ive seen this post here but to be honest i dont give a rats arse about port adelaide so therefor i have never bothered to read any postings until now ( must be bored i guess ).

And what are my true feelings about port adelaide, well to be honest id sooner take a good book to the crap house the end result of any visit to the crap house is very much on par with the way i feel about this topic and the port bogan football club.

Much mythologised,frequently misrepresented,collingwood has become a legendary place,from its slums rose a football club that would give its people hope,love and a sense of belonging,the collingwood football club gave its poor a sense of pride, it would quickly grow into the greatest sporting institution in the world...the collingwood football club to it's people is life.

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:47 am

(Deleted)

[This message has been edited by Northern Pie (edited 18 November 2002).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: