Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pearl Jam

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:15 am
Post subject: Pearl JamReply with quote

For the fans of this group, internet pre-sales start tommorrow 11/11/02. Here is the message I got from Ticketek;

One of the world's great live rock bands, Seattle's Pearl Jam, are returning to Australia, home of their second largest fan base. Touring for the third time Pearl Jam will debut their brand new album "RIOT ACT" in February with an exclusive and very limited series of arena concerts. Special guests for the tour are ex-Smith's and Electronic founder and guitarist, Johnny Marr and his band The Healers.

My Ticketek members have been given the chance to purchase tickets for Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane before the general public. The pre-sale commences at 9am, Monday November 11 and closes on Tuesday November 12, 9am or until sold out. Only a limited number of tickets will be released for the pre-sale. More tickets will be available on November 15, 9 am. Get in quick!

-Craig

Bones 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What team do they play for?

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:19 am

It seems that Pearl Jam, Guns n Roses and the like are coming back into 'vogue'. Pearl Jam and Guns n Roses etc were huge about 10 years ago and have been very quite for a while now (I know Pearl Jam have released 7 albums...but who really knew about most of those releases?). Guns n Roses performed at the MTV Music Awards a few weeks backs and played some of their old stuff, weren't too bad.

On Guns n Roses - I thought Axl Rose left the band. Was I mistaken?

I read in the paper today that there was a riot in Canada because Axl Rose didn't turn up to the concert and they had to cancel. I was sure that had a barny and he left.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:31 am

hmmmm maybe Rob will go, and take me coz im bored! hahaha
I wanna see the eagles and garth brooks dammit!

There's been rumours the eagles are coming out next year! I'll be there with bells on!
And Garth Brooks will be out when his youngest daughter is 18. She is about 7 or something, so i'll be waiting a while lolz! Well if he never comes out again, i can still say i've seen him in concert!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

"I used to love seeing past players. Seeing them now and saying hello gives you a huge buzz. The passion and tradition around the club is fantastic and I love the way Collingwood supporters go about it- it certainly helps the way I play."- Jarrod Molloy

*~SeCrEt SqUiRrEl & gUaCaMoLeS 4EvA!~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:49 am

Yeah Axl left Gun 'n' Roses in the lurch in Canada. He was on his way to England to join Oasis. Not too sure if the Guns want Liam in return, though.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:50 am

I thought Axl Rose was dead, let alone still a member of GnR

appetite for destruction IMO is one of the all time greatest hard rock albums. a blitzkrieg of music that grabs you from the start and doesn't let go until the end.

pearl jam would be good to see live.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:46 pm

pearl jam are fantastic live and dont get here often(not snce '9Cool. only 3500kms to brisbane but well worth it. new album out 12/11

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:00 pm

ahh joel don't even bother comparing guns n roses and pearl jam.

pearl jam haven't exactly disappeared for the last ten years! they've been bloody huge!

they just refuse to play at big festivals, so they're not as visible as some bands. still a huge band though, and their latest single isn't too bad.

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:01 pm

Well i like the song Do The Evolution by Pearl Jam. hahahah jsut thought u guys would like to know!!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

"I used to love seeing past players. Seeing them now and saying hello gives you a huge buzz. The passion and tradition around the club is fantastic and I love the way Collingwood supporters go about it- it certainly helps the way I play."- Jarrod Molloy

*~SeCrEt SqUiRrEl & gUaCaMoLeS 4EvA!~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:18 am

good choice lisey

Murray 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:40 am

Even Flow, Daughter & Better Man are probably three of the better songs I have ever heard. Along with Nirvan, Pearl Jam changed music for the better. Modern music was floundering until these bands. What a breath of fresh air they were/are.

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

Murray 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:42 am

Sorry Nirvana (typo)

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:42 am

Yield is a damn fine album imo (including evolution lisey) released what 98 99? so they hardly dissapeared! But I don't know if I can afford the ticket prices if they're anything like Chilli Peppers!

- Ben

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:54 am

about $85. pre-sale starts on ticketek.com.au in about 5 mins - the site is at almost crash point with everyone wanting to press the BUY button half a second before the next person.

[This message has been edited by ramjet21 (edited 11 November 2002).]
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:36 am

I didn't really compare but here is what I mean: I think it was the first two albums sold 10,000,0000 copies worldwide for each album, since then they have sole 1,000,000 copies worldwide for each album. (I'm talking about Pearl Jam). I know they have been big but their following waned. Having said that, I remember listening to my brothers Pearl Jam cds years ago...they are fantastic.

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: