Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So its The Ballants in an Elimination Final @ The Borough?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Up wrote:
any chance of the game getting shifted to the sunday?

im sure there is a way seeing as the pies vfl team where to play gold coast at 1pm on sat and for some reason the game started at 12.30.

also jonesy, how did u put up with all those teenagers dressed up? it was bad enough being on the same carriage as them from ruthven to vic park

haha... i only had to wait a minute for the train so didnt notice them really

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:59 pm

It's official
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/100928/default.aspx

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:48 pm

The response I got from AFL Vic this morning:

Quote:
Thanks for your email. It’s always good to get feedback from our fans.

Your passion is fantastic and it is great to see you’re such a committed supporter of the Collingwood VFL team and VFL football alike. Good to have you onboard.

The Collingwood army does come in its numbers but as you can appreciate, it is very hard to please all supporters when schedule our games. You do present some good options and alternatives however the current scheduling is the most feasible one for all involved.

The VFL scheduled Finals matches with the AFL clubs in mind. Particularly those competing in AFL Finals (Week 1: 3-5 September). We had to be careful not to create a 5 day break for AFL players who may represent their AFL clubs the following week in AFL Finals (i.e. it is very likely that Carlton will play an Elimination Final Friday night). This is why Sunday is not ideal, and not fair to place a 5 day turn around doubled with what could be two trips to Perth in a fortnight.

The ABC has committed to broadcasting all finals at TEAC Oval throughout the Finals Series, which means we cannot move the game forward to 10am. Not to mention the VFL Reserve Finals taking place in that time slot.

Victoria Park, at present, doesn’t have a fence all the way around, which means we cannot feasibly operate finals there.

VISY Park will be hosting the entire TAC Cup Finals Series, which begins this week.

I hope my reply helps in understanding why we scheduled this week as we have.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

All the best in September

Regards

Luke Gatti
Football Operations Officer
MCG | Great Southern Stand | Brunton Avenue | Jolimont VIC 3002
GPO Box 4337 | Melbourne VIC 3001
Ph: (03) 8663 3003 | Fax: (03) 9650 4194 |

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:55 pm

^^^^

So having no Fence is such as Massive Problem.

Why? Sound a pretty weak excuse

ItwasoutHarmes 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Watched the game v GC on Saturday. Good result however there was a definate drop off in intensity in the second half.
Not sure what others think but with Fraser and Medders pushing for a senior spot this weekend ( medhurst was up a level on contested ball and contested marking) we may be a bit light on to beat the bullants.
Feel good story of the day was the big Shae turning it on in front of his dad....one of his marks had a bit of the old Peter Moore about it...strong lead, good leap and marking it at the highest point. Hope his dad was happy.

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
^^^^

So having no Fence is such as Massive Problem.

Why? Sound a pretty weak excuse

That's the irony Dave.

We do have a fence and a security guard patrols the only open gate on Trenerrry Cres every game.

This is beyond a joke.

mattys123 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:25 am

die4pies wrote:

That's the irony Dave.

We do have a fence and a security guard patrols the only open gate on Trenerrry Cres every game.

This is beyond a joke.

I got the same email as you, word for $£$%^%%$ word, good to see they responded like I thought they would, a pack of unprofessional morons.

This crap about the 5 day break is bullshit also, the Hawthorn/Box Hill game is on Sunday, and they could play Friday night also, so what came into their consideration there?

They have done this to us all year, put us on at shitty times that conflict with the AFL.

There is almost no doubt the scheduling for the first week of the finals was conducted with only VFL teams in mind, not AFL teams, yet they lie straight to our faces (well email accounts).

It's time Eddie got together with Jeff and a few of the other powerful presidents and pushed for a national reserves competition, only then will our game become truly professional.

I'm just so annoyed that I can't watch the VFL side this week, it pisses me off. Twisted Evil
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:38 pm

mattys123 wrote:
die4pies wrote:

That's the irony Dave.

This is beyond a joke.

I got the same email as you, word for $£$%^%%$ word, good to see they responded like I thought they would, a pack of unprofessional morons.

This crap about the 5 day break is bullshit also, the Hawthorn/Box Hill game is on Sunday, and they could play Friday night also, so what came into their consideration there?

They have done this to us all year, put us on at shitty times that conflict with the AFL.

There is almost no doubt the scheduling for the first week of the finals was conducted with only VFL teams in mind, not AFL teams, yet they lie straight to our faces (well email accounts).

It's time Eddie got together with Jeff and a few of the other powerful presidents and pushed for a national reserves competition, only then will our game become truly professional.

I'm just so annoyed that I can't watch the VFL side this week, it pisses me off. Twisted Evil

Agree a National Reserve League would be better than Playing in the VFL

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
die4pies wrote:

That's the irony Dave.

This is beyond a joke.

Agree a National Reserve League would be better than Playing in the VFL

not realistic or affordable Dave...
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:29 am

Dont see why anyone is suprised or getting upset by it, yes it does clash, clashes happen, but its the best result from a footballing perspective and every year finals are at TEAC, obviously the first week 2 games get played elsewhere but they are the games ABC doesnt want

As for finals

3/4 teams on Saturday have AFL sides in the finals, 1/4 on Sunday, makes sense yet again...
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:05 pm

Why are the finals at TEAC?

Watching the game on TV, the ground surface is a disgrace especially at the grandstand end. Surely there are grounds with better surfaces fro finals footy. Our local junior footy ground is in better nick. And what ever happened to home ground advantage for the higher placed team?

Anyways, the Pies are getting a whopping, so we won't have to worry about it next week (unless there is a major turnaround).

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:34 pm

Any score updates?
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:43 pm

57-28 Bullants in front. Pies came back a bit in the 2nd but Bullants have started the 3rd quarter better.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Bullants just scored another. Now 63-28. Hard for the Pies to come back now.

Slow start has really hurt.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:26 pm

86-41 to Bullants, 10 minutes gone final quarter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: